The thread for Innokin SVD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emilie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 5, 2011
Twin Cities, MN
Might be contact bounce from the light pressure.

It's definitely contact bounce, but NOT light pressure.

If I can remember to press pretty hard when first pressing the button (instead of light->hard), I can continue to use it (while it still works).

I may be moving on to the new Provari v3 when that gets released, though.

VAP8

Aug 4, 2014
Beijing
I bought both the Vamo 5 and the SVD at the same time, after 2 weeks of acquisition, the Vamo is left to pick up dust.
The only thing I find the Vamo has over the SVD is it's size and shape. It is shorter and has a smoother classic finish.

Here is what I like better on the SVD:
1) you can lock the + and - buttons. While in lock mode, you can still display the set wattage/voltage, check the resistance, check the remaining battery charge...and you can still vape~ :)
2) when not in lock mode, pressing of the + and/or - button just lights up the display, it does not modify the settings until you press on them (+ or -) again.
3) when you press on + or - or both, LED will turn on whether in locked mode ore not. While LED is on, fire button will not fire. This prevents firing after accidental press of buttons.
4) the LED does not light up when you press the fire button to vape.
5) the fire button green/yellow/red indicators of remaining battery charge (I wish this would be an option for stealth mode)

What I absolutely don't like about the SVD: the cheap chrome finish of the 510 connection piece, as is visible between the stainless steel body and the unscrewable stainless steel top ring. It is a let down to the overall superb quality of the machine.

All in all, it does what I want, how I want it, and it is not difficult at all to understand how it works, as indicated in reviews.

Extremely pleased user here~

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
Anyone kow the release date for the 2.0 ?

They (Innokin) already announced the winners in their SVD 2.0 giveaway on their Facebook page a few days ago, so, soon?

(the thailandvapers forum had a post that mentioned October, but I think that's speculation)

Edited to add: I REALLY hope they improve the buttons on the new release)

Last edited:

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
Just contacted Innokin because of a dead button and they had me send it to a repair center for exchange. If you have the original box and can give them the code off of the box they were extremely helpful. My new unit is on the way with the upgraded button.

May I ask where you're sending yours off to? I may have to get in touch with them myself, my SVD has been benched because its button is starting to get wonky,

VapieDan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2013
Flint, Michigan, United States
Just contacted Innokin because of a dead button and they had me send it to a repair center for exchange. If you have the original box and can give them the code off of the box they were extremely helpful. My new unit is on the way with the upgraded button.

So they finally admitted there is a "FIx". Nice. However how can one tell if an ordered SVD is the old or upgraded version? I would consider ordering if I could be assured it was the revised one. No one seems to be talking.

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
May I ask where you're sending yours off to? I may have to get in touch with them myself, my SVD has been benched because its button is starting to get wonky,

K_Tech, I started on the Innokin site using their tech support and they assigned the repair center. I just sent them a detailed message of the problems I was having and they responded to the message.

So they finally admitted there is a "FIx". Nice. However how can one tell if an ordered SVD is the old or upgraded version? I would consider ordering if I could be assured it was the revised one. No one seems to be talking.

Dan, I think that the relationship with Evolv has had some postitive impact. I am just looking forward with Innokin as I like their products and they look like they may stand behind the products. They conveyed that not everyone had a problem with the old switch so it was hard to nail down the exact issue. Some people beat their equipment up pretty bad, personally mine looked as good as they day it came out of the box.

I have seen two at a Local B&M that they guys were complaining about their switch and both looked like they were throw from a moving car. If I was Innokin and they asked for a replacement I would have told them to kiss my ...

Condition of equipment has an impact on support.

My understanding is they have had no reports of issues with the upgrade so if you have problems it has to be the old unit. I will send you a PM with the contact information of person I was working with and maybe they can give you some information. It has to be a manufacturing date or serial number that will indicate old or upgraded.

All I can say to everyone is to be respectful and polite. The folks that are having issues getting support are being described as "abrasive" and not really getting the help they need because the folks on the other end feel abused. While I understand people are upset because they are having issues the people trying to help are not at fault and will not accept the negative contacts. They didn't build the PV, they are just trying to help resolve the issue.

That's the first I'd heard that they had an "upgraded" one, too... please tell us more :)

David, TOS does not allow me to post the link to the website I used as a repair center. Like you I didn't know anything until I started working on the warranty for mine. The repair center told me about the upgrade. I will take a look at mine when it shows up but I believe the upgrade is a clear or white button and the old one was smoke.

I'm hoping mine will be back today and will post more information once I play a little bit wit hthe replacement.

Last edited:

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Thanks, Marc. And you're SO right about customer service, they didn't build it. It's always bothered me, too, to see people angry at them for what they had nothing to do with!

Mine's well past warranty, coming up on a year old. Sure, the button is "soft", but it keeps on working, with the occasional inadvertent shut down. (Due, I think, to my occasional "miss" on firing, not giving it a solid push, so it gets contact bounce, and three of those, it's off.)

Other than that, still a great tube, and looking forward to learning the distinguishing marks for the new one :)

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Nah, my SVD has been in service for almost a year, and while I do "pack rat" some stuff, don't normally keep boxes that long :) Put a lot of hours on it (uh, the SVD, not the box :laugh:), and in spite of the soft button, still think it was a good purchase. Just curious about how to ID the new, improved one.

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
OK I talked to Deb and this is what she passed to me, I had my buttons backwards.

The old SVD control head had a button that was almost clear and the new one borders on black. They carry only the upgrade version but many vendors still have the old units in stock and will ship them to consumers.

To ensure you don't get an older one call. Innokin isn't shipping the old model so the old units are available stock on hand that US vendors are still selling.

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
The old SVD control head had a button that was almost clear and the new one borders on black.

I think that is right. I got a broken one in the classies to try to get the board out of and fix, it had a clearish button (and I really fubared it trying to get it apart). Mine that I have had no problems with, over 9 months old (but limited use) has a jet black button.

So I guess I "Might Not" have any button problems. :D :banana:

Anyone with button problems have a Black button one, just wondering?

Vape On
Burnie
:vapor:

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
I think that is right. I got a broken one in the classies to try to get the board out of and fix, it had a clearish button (and I really fubared it trying to get it apart). Mine that I have had no problems with, over 9 months old (but limited use) has a jet black button.

So I guess I "Might Not" have any button problems. :D :banana:

Anyone with button problems have a Black button one, just wondering?

Vape On
Burnie

Well, yes, mine's the black (nearly, semi transparent) one. Purchased in October of last year, so it's hardly new. So I wonder if they've made a change to the internals and just not told anyone?

The fire button lost it's click, but still works. That might be a bonus for stealth vaping :laugh:

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
Well, yes, mine's the black (nearly, semi transparent) one. Purchased in October of last year, so it's hardly new. So I wonder if they've made a change to the internals and just not told anyone?

The fire button lost it's click, but still works. That might be a bonus for stealth vaping :laugh:

Here are the 2 I have, bottom one is the bad button.
buttons.jpg

Vape On
Burnie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread