The Vmod XL 18650 Bottom Feeding Mod from Vapage.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

rse1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2012
Aloha, OR USA (near portland)
Vapage said the VMOD XL would be in this week and then they allowed orders to be placed, so I ordered one. They confirmed the order but haven't sent shipping info. Are they really going to hold onto them for 2 weeks before shipping? They still don't allow ordering bottles or seal kits yet. I hope they're in the same order coming in. Also everytime I check avail by trying to order something out of stock their webpage doubles the qty of everything in the cart. This is a bit frustrating.

For those with experience with the VMOD XL, what is the best atty ( Hybrid 2.0 or Silo 1.8 )?

chadster214

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 9, 2011
Left Coast!
Vapage said the VMOD XL would be in this week and then they allowed orders to be placed, so I ordered one. They confirmed the order but haven't sent shipping info. Are they really going to hold onto them for 2 weeks before shipping? They still don't allow ordering bottles or seal kits yet. I hope they're in the same order coming in. Also everytime I check avail by trying to order something out of stock their webpage doubles the qty of everything in the cart. This is a bit frustrating.

For those with experience with the VMOD XL, what is the best atty ( Hybrid 2.0 or Silo 1.8 )?

Hybrid 1.5ohm using 3.7v 18650. anything higher than 2.0ohm I suggest using a 4.8v 18650 or Kick. right now I'm using a 1.6ohm 3 hole bridgeless atty on 3.7v 18650 AW IMR.

Birks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
Ok this is the easiest way to kick the vmod imo go to ebay and buy some coper foil its conductive on both sides eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices cut it to fit bend the spring out of the way
b82a01b6-f65b-7c23.jpg
cut out the area where the spring wire goes in then put the spring back in place
b82a01b6-f6a6-56f6.jpg
then cut another piece of the coper foil and place over the spring wire that goes up the side
b82a01b6-f6f5-3928.jpg
pop your kick in and battery and enjoy its easy to do and it looks really nice and clean hope this helps

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Ah, I didn't think of use another sheet! I'll try as soon as I get materials! Thank you!!

rse1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2012
Aloha, OR USA (near portland)
Looks like I get to wait another 2 weeks or so before my VMOD XL ships? :mad:
Wish I would have known this when i ordered it. Kinda sad ya don't get any kind of confirmation or email saying it is backordered and caught in customs, and wont ship for 3 weeks!!

I ordered on Monday 19MAR and received a shipping notification today (Tues, 20MAR). Looks like there isn't a 2 week delay, but we'll see when it shows up. I just wish Vapage would get in the bottles and seal kits so I could get some backup parts.

lithod02

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2010
Memphis

at least I'm not the only one! I ordered the vmod xl on the 14th and finally got an email after talking to them on their live chat and posting here about it not shipping for 2 more weeks!! doubt i will buy anything else from them.

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
"For those with experience with the VMOD XL, what is the best atty ( Hybrid 2.0 or Silo 1.8 )?"

The Hybrid 2.0 is an atty. The Silo's are cartomizers. ( With the XL one can use nearly any brand of 510 threaded atty or carto.) I like the Hyrbrid 2.0 as well as the silo 1.8 and use them as well as other brands and various ohms ratings on my XL.

You'll get to try both an atty and a carto as one of each comes with the A La Carte. I suggest that if you have been using carto's, start with the Silo. As simple as the Vmod is, there is still a bit to learning to use any new feeder and it's good to start with something that you are most familiar with.

nordoe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2011
Philly
Question for you guys. I have only had my vmod xl for 3 days and not getting used to the hybrid atty. I have been a carto user for a while, but since the atty came with my unit, I figured I would try it. I get a lot of dry hits. Also when I squak it, I sometimes get juice coming out of the drip tip or in my mouth. Its either not enough or too much. When I do get a good hit, it is really good, just not consistent. I know there is a learning curve but this is not my first bottom feeder but my first time using an atty on one. What are most people using? Do you think switching to my normal cartos would solve my issues?

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
i think the hybrid atty that comes with the XL is a bit too mild for the 18650 battery (voltage)... i put mine to better use on a regulated pv (VV) at 3.8 to3.9v.Better to look for lower resistance than the 2.2 Ohm i think it is that comes with it.
You'll find that atomizers are the most dispensable factor in vaping; they can last for a week (if you vape a lot) to some months, but in my experience they lose their oomph or die within a few weeks.
So best to find a good atty you like and get a few.
I suggest LR from 1.5 to 2.0 Ohms. Many feel that 1.5 is too hot so best to look for like 1.7 to 1.9 Ohms.
Question for you guys. I have only had my vmod xl for 3 days and not getting used to the hybrid atty. I have been a carto user for a while, but since the atty came with my unit, I figured I would try it. I get a lot of dry hits. Also when I squak it, I sometimes get juice coming out of the drip tip or in my mouth. Its either not enough or too much. When I do get a good hit, it is really good, just not consistent. I know there is a learning curve but this is not my first bottom feeder but my first time using an atty on one. What are most people using? Do you think switching to my normal cartos would solve my issues?

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
Boge 2.0's work very well on the XL. So do the 1.7 ohms resurectors. These are popular carto's for mods.

About every atty or carto made that fits is used by someone on the Vmod--from 1.5 ohms to 2.5!

1.5 to 2.0 seems most popular. I don't believe there is a clear favorite in brand or type of atty.

Last edited:

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
oops oh well then, in that case it's about putting the right amount of juice in it and also knowing when to change batts.... It seems that a carto with 2.0 Ohms is LR and doesn't correlate to an atty... i.e. a standard resistance carto is like 2.5 to 3.0 Ohms where an SR atomizer is 2.2 to 2.5. So between the two you have the right stuff.
The hybrid atty I got is at 1.5 ohms. For the most part, I use carto's, 2.0 from boge. Just really wondering what most people prefer with the vmod. And if I switch from the hybrid to my usual boges, if I can shorten the learning curve.

Andy Thatcher

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2012
Brit in Orlando
I have only tried the Silo carto's once and that was briefly then went back to atty's.

Have had some problems with the Vapage atty's in that they are either dead, shorted or fantastic. So I have moved to smartvapes 510 Dripping atty's and a couple of LR 510's. Only got the smartvapes today so early days but the one installed shows promise. I have a 3 ohm one ready to go once the 4.8v batteries are charged which should be by the time I get home from work.

Just prefer the flavour out of the atty's with this device. I use carto's on everything else apart from a little dripping but that to me is the advantage of a bottom feeder you get that dripping flavour without having to actually drip. I don't tend to squelch that often just invert the mod and lrt gravity do it's think. Even with the 100% VG Gorilla Juice I have on the bottle at the moment it isn't a hassle. Once every now and then I hit the bottle but mainly not.

AZCraig

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2011
Mesa, AZ
www.KidneyPuncher.com
The hybrid atty I got is at 1.5 ohms. For the most part, I use carto's, 2.0 from boge. Just really wondering what most people prefer with the vmod. And if I switch from the hybrid to my usual boges, if I can shorten the learning curve.

I also tried the Vapage hybrid 1.5 ohm atty on the VMod XL and did not like it at all. I highly recommend the Aero Bridgeless 510 1.5ohm atomizer from Avid Vaper for the VMod XL if you plan to stick with the standard 18650 3.7v batteries.

Straight up though, some juices don't "wake up" till they hit 10 watts. At 3.7 volts into a 1.5 ohm atty, you are only looking at 9.12 watts.

I plan on trying some of the new 4.8v batteries with a 2.2 ohm atty soon. That should be rockin around 10 watts.

Andy Thatcher

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2012
Brit in Orlando
Straight up though, some juices don't "wake up" till they hit 10 watts. At 3.7 volts into a 1.5 ohm atty, you are only looking at 9.12 watts.

I plan on trying some of the new 4.8v batteries with a 2.2 ohm atty soon. That should be rockin around 10 watts.

Better check the Ohm ratings when I get home think I have a 2.2 or 2.5.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
I use carto's on everything else apart from a little dripping but that to me is the advantage of a bottom feeder you get that dripping flavour without having to actually drip. I don't tend to squelch that often just invert the mod and lrt gravity do it's think. Even with the 100% VG Gorilla Juice I have on the bottle at the moment it isn't a hassle. Once every now and then I hit the bottle but mainly not.

VMODians, we've got a new one!

Squelch! And there's no "R" in that, Fernand. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread