Not open for further replies.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Andy, I just want to toss in my :2c: and say that I do like (really really like) the 4.8v (5v) batteries. They are not only for the Meglodon, of course. Yes, they take another charger, but I've seen them reasonably priced. After having used the single charger, I got the dual charger with light indicators that let you know when your batts are done charging. GOOD investment, if you do like these. You might even have luck on the classies. (want to buys)

AZ, "I must have been vaping a dry carto when I came up with this idea..."

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

*sigh*. You're not going to believe this. Washed my spare bottle for my XL, and had it in the window to dry. It was hot this evening, and my fiancee opened the window. I look there, and I see the cat in the window, and no bottle.

Has anyone even seen spare bottles on the website?

Will a 6ml for a Reo work in it?

Last edited:

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
AW IMR 18650 is the best brand and type for LR attys.... which are the best for this PV imo....
What are the best initial batteries to buy for first time user of Vmod XL? I have read about all different kinds people are using in this thread but still not sure which to go with.

Katdarling

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
*sigh*. You're not going to believe this. Washed my spare bottle for my XL, and had it in the window to dry. It was hot this evening, and my fiancee opened the window. I look there, and I see the cat in the window, and no bottle.

Has anyone even seen spare bottles on the website?

Will a 6ml for a Reo work in it?

A VMOD kitty! Cool Beans.

I am afraid the battery is going to have to wait for a few weeks.

Seem to have bought a Provari and will be buying a Mini so will have to lol

"Seem to have bought a Provari"?? Happened by accident? :lol:

Fernand

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2010
Californeea
It is so odd to me to hear people say the reservoir is the thing that makes the 357 not work good on the xl to me its the best part of the 357 on a bottom feeder once you know how much to feed it it can't be beat way less time feeding a atty and more time vaping

@Brian No question I've had spitting and tricky feeding on my 1st HH.357, the second one is perfectly smooth. But I agree with AZCraig that the squirsh-then-vape technique is tricky with the extra chamber under the cup. Now I prime it that way, but then keep it slightly tilted and it just auto-feeds with very little spitting or other trouble.

Horror oh horror! You say the Aero didn't work for you, and I was going to order several!

@AudioWeasel Just try any bottle, it won't hurt anything. As long as you can get it started in the threading, it might work because the soft plastic sort of "conforms".

@AndyThatcher I have 4 of the $5 4.8v NiMH batteries, and finally found a $12 two bay charger for them that has a green/red indicator. The Kick requires the shorter special 18500 batteries, and I'm holding off on that. With the 4.8v batteries you can use garden variety 2.8-3.2 ohm atties, and they vape a lot like premium 1.5 ohm atties on a 3.7v battery. The amount and type of vapor you get with a coil with more turns is different from a short coil with few turns (like the typical LR atty). Hence the excellent performance of a SR atty on a 4.8v battery. Of course the 4.8 batteries don't last very long, although not as short as I expected. It's OK, you just keep swapping and charging, because the vape is pretty awesome.

The advantage of IMR batteries has to do with huge current delivery, which is important where the battery is small and the load very demanding. But with all 18650s the current capability far exceeds what an atomizer draws, so it doesn't require an IMR type. Not only is the mAh rating of standard protected LiIon batteries better, but the discharge time with normal 2-2.5 Amp vaping has been graphed as flatter and longer with something like an AW 2600 mAh protected than even the highest mAh IMRs.

Last edited:

Katdarling

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Can't remember saying what batteries I was using.

Andy, I believe Tearose was replying to the other posts. :)

What are the best initial batteries to buy for first time user of Vmod XL? I have read about all different kinds people are using in this thread but still not sure which to go with.

AW IMR 18650 is the best brand and type for LR attys.... which are the best for this PV imo....

I'm different -- I like using Protected batteries on a mod that doesn't have extra gadgets installed.

Many love the AW IMRs. I usually use AW IC 1600 mAh protected or the Vapage Brand in my Vmod XL.

AZCraig

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2011
Mesa, AZ
www.KidneyPuncher.com
@Brian No question I've had spitting and tricky feeding on my 1st HH.357, the second one is perfectly smooth. But I agree with AZCraig that the squirsh-then-vape technique is tricky with the extra chamber under the cup. Now I prime it that way, but then keep it slightly tilted and it just auto-feeds with very little spitting or other trouble.

Horror oh horror! You say the Aero didn't work for you, and I was going to order several!

Hmm... I never tried to see if an HH.357 would auto-feed without squeezing the bottle. I'll have to try that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread