The Wizard Labs Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crunktanium

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2013
Florida (east coast)
but each thing was probably at least 6% and I used lemon, vanillin, cheesecake, cupcake and a few drops of sour. It smells like yogurt to me and the flavor is barely there.

At 6% per flavor across the board you are way over the top so you probably overloaded your taste buds.

Here is a sample of one of my personal recipes to understand how to approach it. Basically I'm looking for a specific sour sweet in this one since I loath blueberry. To get there it seems as though only two things are needed. But as you will often find it can take much more than what you might think you need. There are a hundred shades of black and white which are all considered gray.

I know most of my recipes are good with a bit of Ethyl Maltol to round them off. I also know which of my fruits won't be over the top sweet. Something you might not think about is the fact vinegar (all types will work different) can enhance sour or pronounce certain flavors more than others. I have sometimes also used Blue Agave to sweeten, other times marshmallow, but I also use the TFA sweet, TFA cotton or the TFA circus cotton candy and sometimes a combo of sweetners including menthol. But all of this flavoring combined should be around 10-15% or less (using ejuice Me Up calculator) and the flavor is plentiful.

30ml Blueberry Lemon
4.0% / 20 drop blueberry extra
3.4% / 24 drop lemon
1.3% / 8 drop green apple
2.0% / 12 drop sweetener
2.0% / 12 drop koolada
1.3% / 8 drop ethyl maltol
0.6% / 4 drop cider vinegar
1.0% / 6 drop marshmallow

Kyi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2010
Atlanta
I guess my first batch is kind of a experiment mix. I've been adding drops of stuff without really keeping track of how much I've added. I suppose I just want to know how much each flavor changes the taste of the mix. I added more lemon and some Capella sugar cookie drops and that really helped. Its becoming more like what I want it to be like but not quite. It still doesn't have that body and full richness I am looking for but maybe that will come with steeping. Right now, my mix smells like a lemony taro which actually smells pretty damn good. Doesn't taste like how it smells though.

Schnarph

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2013
Dripping Springs, TX
Does anyone know what happened to TFA at Wizard Labs? I was going to see what was in stock and there's nothing there. No "Out of Stock", just nothing. Am I doing something wrong?

Edit: scratch that, they seem to be making changes to their site, TFA is still there. When using the "All Flavors" or "The Flavor Apprentice" no TFA flavors appear. They only show up when looking at the main "Flavor Lab" link. That had me freaked out for 15 minutes...

Last edited:

buckethead

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2013
NW Indiana, United States
I can't even find the nick at wl today wats going on

I see it under Chemicals and Extracts. They had a banner on their site earlier this week that said they were overhauling some of the site, so maybe it disappeared for a bit.

EDIT: Looks like all they have left is 500mL of 100mg. Everyone hurry!

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
At homepage go to "chemicals and extracts" (upper left side) I just checked - they still have 500ml/100mg available.

Didn't really need it but ordered another 500ml/100mg nic, never hurts to be prepared. Now to figure out where to put it in the freezer.

vape On
:vapor:

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Got pretty quiet in here. Everybody still happy with their WL nic. I'm about due to make an order next month for about a years worth. I ordered a sample last year and tried it, and it was good, so, was wondering if anything has changed.

I'm stocked up for a lifetime with WL nic so I haven't bought any recently but I doubt anything has changed. It will always be good.

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
Yep, the packaging has always been good. The sample nic I bought last year I liked, clear, very little, to no odor. I have read recently about some vendors going to the organic nic, and getting complaints on the odor, so was just wanting to check to see if WL had changed any in that respect.

doctadrea

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2013
Maui
Well, I went to place my first order on Wednesday, but they were out of stock on all of the smaller bottles of nic base. I was sad. Then I got an email Thursday morning saying they were back in stock! Awesome.
I wound up putting my order in sometime in the afternoon Hawaii time, so they were already closed for the day. I forgot to add a couple little things (total $2.04) and sent them an email asking about how I could combine it in my order. They called me first thing this morning (5am my time, but I'm not hating) I got it all worked out, they called me again a few hours to make sure everything was correct, and I am now the proud owner of a tracking number. So yea, great customer service and they sent it out ridiculously fast.
Just wanted to share - I'm a happy camper. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread