Status
Not open for further replies.

Rixsta

The Millionaire Vapor' The Enabler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
I impulse purchased the blitzen last night. Not sure if I'm happy with myself yet. The flavor seems good to me so far. But I was supposed to just get wire. With what I paid I feel just okay roughly online would of paid for shipping making the price the same. Are you all Still like/disliking the blitzen?
Great rta, build outwards as close to the airflow as you can increases flavor.

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
I impulse purchased the blitzen last night. Not sure if I'm happy with myself yet. The flavor seems good to me so far. But I was supposed to just get wire. With what I paid I feel just okay roughly online would of paid for shipping making the price the same. Are you all Still like/disliking the blitzen?
I like the vape, but I am a little disappointed with the fill method. That flat top leaves me with drips to wipe up every time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
welcome to the thread!!

Hey Rixy... long time no see... talk... uh, type. Just thought I'd pop in here and see how many of the old gang is still hanging about...
good to see ya! Keep meaning to call Lannie, but every time I finally get around to it, it's late. Are y'all mountain time? (not that it would matter when it's 3 am) :lol:

@Rixsta love the new avi!

Fuzzy Thunderbear

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2015
NOWHERE, SD, USA
Keep meaning to call Lannie, but every time I finally get around to it, it's late. Are y'all mountain time?
Yeah, Deb, we're Mountain time, and Lannie is in bed NLT 8 PM. But even though she is up by 4 AM, I am not, so try not to make my phone ring before 7:30 AM. :D

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Yeah, Deb, we're Mountain time, and Lannie is in bed NLT 8 PM. But even though she is up by 4 AM, I am not, so try not to make my phone ring before 7:30 AM. :D
Fine! Man, y'all keep some funny hours :p :wub:

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
Fine! Man, y'all keep some funny hours [emoji14] :wub:
I dunno... sounds pretty normal to me. The Wife goes to bed around 9:30-10, I'm up to around 1 am. She gets up at about 4:30, I sleep in until 8 when she brings me tea and a mod. :)

Fiestylillady

ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2017
USA
I'm leaking like a sieve. My first wick on the blitzen went great. (My second rta). But now I'm leaking like crazy or getting dry hits. How do you all wick it. I'm posting picks of current setup. I need a miracle to get building correct lately. I'm getting dry hit too.

Attachments

• 20180216_201143.jpg
    20180216_201143.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 18
  • 20180216_201133-1.jpg
    20180216_201133-1.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 19
  • 20180216_201101-1.jpg
    20180216_201101-1.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 18
  • 20180216_201034.jpg
    20180216_201034.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 19
  • 20180216_201055.jpg
    20180216_201055.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 20
  • 20180216_201133.jpg
    20180216_201133.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 21

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Wick looks really loose. The coils may be a bit low as well, but that (height) varies with decks, and I don't use those. Just another :2c: .

But the wicks show gaps where they enter the coils, they need to totally fill the coils.

Fiestylillady

ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2017
USA
Wick looks really loose. The coils may be a bit low as well, but that (height) varies with decks, and I don't use those. Just another :2c: .

But the wicks show gaps where they enter the coils, they need to totally fill the coils.
Without a better word substitute just shove them down it the juice hole? I've tried think wicks that are dry and thinner that leak. I'm going to try and resposition my new build wick. So happy I going on cotton right now. II'm 0/0 lately.m

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
A (very!) general rule of thumb puts the bottom of the coil about 2 mm above the nearest point of the deck. Again, that will vary with the particular deck, but 2 mm is a decent starting point. Too low and it MAY contribute to leaking. Again, that can be atty dependent. (Too high and it's likely to run with a hot vapor, since it's then really close to the chimney ;) )

I wouldn't stuff wick down the juice hole, at least on most atties. Touching it, yes, crammed in, no - that can actually choke off the flow, dry hits. With no "shoulder pads" on the wicks where they enter the coils, there are places where you have hot coil and no wick to deliver liquid. Hot and harsh hits.

Yes, especially with cotton, if it's really too tight it will choke off the flow in the middle of the coil. Harsh hits, and then burnt hits when the dry hot spot burns out.

Wicking does take a bit of trial and error, to find the "feel." Somewhere between the two you've done may be the spot.

Fiestylillady

ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2017
USA
A (very!) general rule of thumb puts the bottom of the coil about 2 mm above the nearest point of the deck. Again, that will vary with the particular deck, but 2 mm is a decent starting point. Too low and it MAY contribute to leaking. Again, that can be atty dependent. (Too high and it's likely to run with a hot vapor, since it's then really close to the chimney ;) )

I wouldn't stuff wick down the juice hole, at least on most atties. Touching it, yes, crammed in, no - that can actually choke off the flow, dry hits. With no "shoulder pads" on the wicks where they enter the coils, there are places where you have hot coil and no wick to deliver liquid. Hot and harsh hits.

Yes, especially with cotton, if it's really too tight it will choke off the flow in the middle of the coil. Harsh hits, and then burnt hits when the dry hot spot burns out.

Wicking does take a bit of trial and error, to find the "feel." Somewhere between the two you've done may be the spot.
To annoyed with this tank atm. But will try again after work tomorrow. With pics of I cam must

Fuzzy Thunderbear

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2015
NOWHERE, SD, USA
Fine! Man, y'all keep some funny hours :p :wub:
I sleep midnight to 7:30 AM, Lannie 8 PM to 4 AM. She's a morning person, I'm a night owl. Best time to get her on the phone when she's not chasing animals of one sort or another is noon. :D

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
I dunno... sounds pretty normal to me. The Wife goes to bed around 9:30-10, I'm up to around 1 am. She gets up at about 4:30, I sleep in until 8 when she brings me tea and a mod. :)

Jup........said that tongue in cheek.......fuzzy knows I keep crazy hours. I'm often going to be well after the sun comes up

I'm a night owl.
peshawww........I need to give you night owl lessons ;)

Rixsta

The Millionaire Vapor' The Enabler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
Hey Rixy... long time no see... talk... uh, type. Just thought I'd pop in here and see how many of the old gang is still hanging about...
I'm doing good, getting geared up for a new vape setup. This one is a bit special ;)
You must get info of our Lannie :) I speak to her every week, although I left it 10 days not long back...Bad Rixy.. I've just been extremely busy with life and Emmy is high maintenance (sshh)

To annoyed with this tank atm. But will try again after work tomorrow. With pics of I cam must
Welcome, as with any RTA it's all about practice, once you have been doing it a while you get the feel of how much cotton you need, then wicking any RTA is pretty much the same...stay with it, you will get there.

Much easier to show you if you were sitting next to me but I will try and help the best I can..

Never had the Blitzen leak so you have too little cotton and it's not plugging the juice holes and flooding the deck....too much cotton and the juice won't saturate your cotton and dry hit.

Wick through coil, this RTA the cotton needs to hit the bottom of the juice holes, measure where and cut. Fluff your wicks out and start to tease the bottom of the wicks down, when you feel resistance stop and do the other side, make sure the hole is filled but the cotton when you poke it with tweezers (or whatever) isn't packed. It's very hard to explain via text.

You can also you the crossing method where you put one wick in to the left and the other to the right so they cross each other, then tidy them up. We have all been where you are buddy, it can be extremely frustrating.

As for coil height, make sure when you look through the side airflow that the coil is high enough for the air to pass under a bit. The honeycomb airflow, the bottom holes should be clear of coils when you look through. Some have the coil dead centre, I find raised slightly increases flavor..

@Debadoo New Avi is funny hey ha..

Great to see you, miss the gang but we are still about here and there. How's Atcha ?

I like the vape, but I am a little disappointed with the fill method. That flat top leaves me with drips to wipe up every time.

Have to agree with that, I've found myself back with the Aromamizer Plus in shorty mode, I always seem to go back to that atty, probably why I've not bought anything for a month.....which is a miracle for me.

Last edited:

Fuzzy Thunderbear

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2015
NOWHERE, SD, USA
I'm doing good, getting geared up for a new vape setup. This one is a bit special ;)
You must get info of our Lannie :) I speak to her every week, although I left it 10 days not long back...Bad Rixy.. I've just been extremely busy with life and Emmy is high maintenance (sshh)
Uh, Rixy, isn't EVERY new setup you get "special," at least until next week when you get something even more special? :rolleyes:
Lannie does tell me when you wrote IF there is something noteworthy in your post. Like I heard something about a pub that Emmy is going to run (or something like that), but daily stuff doesn't get repeated unless I ask, "Heard anything lately from that troublesome kid in England?" :D

Reactions: Debadoo

coolerat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2015
Verona,NY
Still squonking at work but a impulse buy of a Zeus turned into a whole new way of vaping as it turned out. I haven't used anything but the Zeus at home in months.

For part of the work day I still use an Ares but truly madly deeply hate this tank.

Couple weeks ago a Siren II I ordered last fall from Gearbest showed up finally. I'd actually forgotten after so many months. Turns out I love this tank very much. Use it every night when reading. Really a great tank. Super impressed with it.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Still squonking at work but a impulse buy of a Zeus turned into a whole new way of vaping as it turned out. I haven't used anything but the Zeus at home in months.

For part of the work day I still use an Ares but truly madly deeply hate this tank.

Couple weeks ago a Siren II I ordered last fall from Gearbest showed up finally. I'd actually forgotten after so many months. Turns out I love this tank very much. Use it every night when reading. Really a great tank. Super impressed with it.
Zeus is a great tank!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread