Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuzzy Thunderbear

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2015
NOWHERE, SD, USA
Yup, I am a bit of a stranger these days, just very busy but that's good for me, keeps me out of trouble.
There was no disguising that rope fall, head first into the water, no damage done for a change though. Take care..:thumb:
Well, I am sure we are all glad that you are NOT injured this time. As for being a stranger to this thread, it seems to me that nearly everyone has wandered off in other directions. There are so few posts here lately that if e-mail didn't tell me something new is here, I would have forgotten it even exists.

Y'all come back now; ya hear?

Rixsta

The Millionaire Vapor' The Enabler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
Of course! How could I not get the engine 2. I just wish that deck wasn't upside down. I'm gonna have to figure out how to hang the base from my ceiling to build it. Good thing coils last a long time with dry burning.
It's easy to build on and I think they did it this way to keep the wires away from the channels, it's a great rta, let me know what you think of it..

Well, I am sure we are all glad that you are NOT injured this time. As for being a stranger to this thread, it seems to me that nearly everyone has wandered off in other directions. There are so few posts here lately that if e-mail didn't tell me something new is here, I would have forgotten it even exists.

Y'all come back now; ya hear?
Yeah it's ashame but people move on, things change, such is life hey.

Last edited:

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
It's been too long, just wondered how everyone is ?

I miss our group but like me, we are all busy doing stuff. I fell off a rope swing into a lake last week, nothing changes lol.
at least it was a soft landing and ya weren't hurt this time! Good to see ya darlin xxx

Our season started up, and I've been busier than a one-armed paper hanger...

Did pick up a few new, though...

3667689e781437b449dfacf615b58b84.jpg
63447efa27c955603a94a31dca1e43cd.jpg
6ac825146ae73301ab25267ce11e277c.jpg
9df106f80ca07abecd9d238de9fafb23.jpg
c8667c0ba9c9ee43860e6f44967cb2ca.jpg

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk
a few? lol Good on ya, nice stuff.

Rixsta

The Millionaire Vapor' The Enabler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
at least it was a soft landing and ya weren't hurt this time! Good to see ya darlin xxx

Debadooooooooooo . Hugs galore to you, I hope you have been keeping well and say hi to Atcha if you speak to her please x

Hey guess what, I'm vaping at 45w and loving it.

It sort of happened out of the blue.

You can see the journey here lol

@Eskie Might be of interest to you too buddy.

OBS Engine II

Jay DeKay

Mar 26, 2018
Germany
To break the silence:
I have to commit something. I think i am modwomping. Every day. Now I found my diagnosis.
I'm vaping a kay prime in tc. My coil has a resitance of .8, so i'm slidely subohm. I vape it at 20 watts and 450°F. So i'm a little on the warmer side of mtl.
My vaping style also is something in between. Between restricted dl and loose mtl. But i've got the airflow on the second closest sitting. So some might say, it's too restricted for this kind of vaping. No. It's not.
Aaand last but not least i vape liquid in a 30pg/70vg ratio, what makes it a little bit cloudy for mtl-stealth-style-vaping.
In german you would call this neither fish nor meat.
Call me a modwomper.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
Try as I might, I could never get the 22mm Geekvape Ammit to perform above 25 Watts. I went by all the YT videos that used coils under 3mm ID and had wick tails touching the deck but not extending into the juice ports. Nothing worked--it was either a dry hit machine or a leak monster.

So I said to myself, "self, screw the videos. Go big or relegate this thing to the 'nice tank, but...' box."

Here's what I did: 26/30 SS316L Clapton, 4/5 wraps, 3.5mm(!) ID. I cut the tails short of the deck so that they don't touch at all. I also used a little bit more cotton than I normally would. Almost too tight.

20180608_143136.jpg

Wow.

Set up the Pico using Arctic Fox with starting resistance (read in Device Monitor) at 0.45, SS 316 temp control and starting wattage at 45 and temp at 446 F, thinking it would settle in at about 33-ish.

Nope.

"Protection" flashed around 42 Watts. It's fantastic.

I was worried about leaking since the wick tails aren't touching the bottom of the deck, but the extra cotton mass from the fat coil ID is holding a 70/30 mix pretty well. The extra surface area from the Clapton wrap makes up for the diameter increase so there's no flavor loss.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Try as I might, I could never get the 22mm Geekvape Ammit to perform above 25 Watts. I went by all the YT videos that used coils under 3mm ID and had wick tails touching the deck but not extending into the juice ports. Nothing worked--it was either a dry hit machine or a leak monster.

So I said to myself, "self, screw the videos. Go big or relegate this thing to the 'nice tank, but...' box."

Here's what I did: 26/30 SS316L Clapton, 4/5 wraps, 3.5mm(!) ID. I cut the tails short of the deck so that they don't touch at all. I also used a little bit more cotton than I normally would. Almost too tight.

View attachment 747169

Wow.

Set up the Pico using Arctic Fox with starting resistance (read in Device Monitor) at 0.45, SS 316 temp control and starting wattage at 45 and temp at 446 F, thinking it would settle in at about 33-ish.

Nope.

"Protection" flashed around 42 Watts. It's fantastic.

I was worried about leaking since the wick tails aren't touching the bottom of the deck, but the extra cotton mass from the fat coil ID is holding a 70/30 mix pretty well. The extra surface area from the Clapton wrap makes up for the diameter increase so there's no flavor loss.
I run the OG Ammit on the Pico at 55W with a 4mm SS316L fused clapton. I cut the Rayon tails flush with the edge of the deck, tuck the lower half down into the well and cut the upper half off.

Vapes perfectly in power mode as well as TC (Arctic Fox), the Pico is such a great mod for the Ammit.

coolerat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2015
Verona,NY
<<<tap tap>>>

This thing on??

Where ya all go??

No changes here. Zues Dual and a pod mod only new gear in some time.

Revisiting old gear. Its fun actually.

Still rocking the same old squonkers and RX200's. Things won't die. I think my daily user is nearing 3 years old.

DNA chips are still banned at my house.

Nic salts suck so far. Its fun to experiment but they are harsh and have almost no flavor. The Aspire BreezeII is pretty kewl but I'm not sure its gonna work for me. Very harsh and me no rikey. Still playing with it.

Zues dual answers my compliants with the regular Zues, mostly how it was good but could be better.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Nic salts suck so far. Its fun to experiment but they are harsh and have almost no flavor.

I've not used them at all, but everything I've read is that they're supposed to be less harsh. Interesting that you're finding it more. Curious. Of course, none of us have identical taste buds. :)

coolerat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2015
Verona,NY
I've not used them at all, but everything I've read is that they're supposed to be less harsh. Interesting that you're finding it more. Curious. Of course, none of us have identical taste buds. :)

Well please to be remembering I vape at 3mg and the salts are 35mg.

Reactions: Rixsta
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread