The XHALER Sneak Peek

Status
Not open for further replies.

opuscroakus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2009
San Angelo, Tx
I'm sure this has been explained *somewhere*, but I couldn't find the answer through the search feature.

I'm not mechanically-inclined, so could someone explain to me why "solder-less" is preferable? The only thing I can think of is it might equal "more durable", but that's really just a guess.

Thanks.

Lead is still used in quite a few types of solder. Don't really want lead close to something that could possibly vaporize it and then get inhaled.

EDO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2009
I think your right lotus. i am just wondering what the draw will be like, considering the 901's have their own holes and cartomizers dont, but i am sure drews thought of everything, he's mentioned that he was considering that whole number since the beginning

edit, just noticed on another nhaler thread that Drew mentioned an airflow option that is exclusive to kr808d1/greencig tip models of the xhaler, wanted to clear that up, my bad

Yes that is what is confusing....I thought he had special tips for the cartomizers. In this thread he cleared it up by saying that the cartomizers will fit the 901 tips.... so what is the exclusive airflow option when it comes to the cartomizers?

lotus14

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2009
Columbia SC
Yes that is what is confusing....I thought he had special tips for the cartomizers. In this thread he cleared it up by saying that the cartomizers will fit the 901 tips.... so what is the exclusive airflow option when it comes to the cartomizers?

I was under the impression these wouldn't need a special tip for the kr808s or Greencigs - they would just screw right onto the mod. Then just open the airflow hole to your preference. The 901s thread right on to an 808 batt so I assumed you would just close the airflow hole back up to use with a 901. Or maybe you need a tip for the 901 to close the airflow hole completely?

Or perhaps they do have a special screw-on tip for the kr808s, Greencigs, and 901s (same threads) and you just adjust for airflow as needed?

KonaNeil

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2009
Big Island, Hawaii
Lead is still used in quite a few types of solder. Don't really want lead close to something that could possibly vaporize it and then get inhaled.

Regarding solder for consumer electronics in the 21st century, this isn't really true. The EC countries made the use of lead based solder VERY illegal a few years ago. The world's solder suppliers acted swiftly to be in compliance.

Today, you could buy lead based solder, but you'd have to work at it and you'd risk prison and financial ruin for no reason.

Regarding the reliability and serviceability issues sited; One can build a very reliable, easily serviced product containing solder joints. If anyone doesn't believe this, they should never get on a plane or in an elevator.

I would advise everyone who vapes to buy a 'mod' or battery case to free themselves from the puny, Chinese e-cig batteries and to have a usable, renewable device in their hands if and when the FDA manages to make sales illegal. However, solder / no solder, shouldn't be a reason to choose one over another.

solonguniverse

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Missouri, USA
Regarding solder for consumer electronics in the 21st century, this isn't really true. The EC countries made the use of lead based solder VERY illegal a few years ago. The world's solder suppliers acted swiftly to be in compliance.

Today, you could buy lead based solder, but you'd have to work at it and you'd risk prison and financial ruin for no reason.

Regarding the reliability and serviceability issues sited; One can build a very reliable, easily serviced product containing solder joints. If anyone doesn't believe this, they should never get on a plane or in an elevator.

I would advise everyone who vapes to buy a 'mod' or battery case to free themselves from the puny, Chinese e-cig batteries and to have a usable, renewable device in their hands if and when the FDA manages to make sales illegal. However, solder / no solder, shouldn't be a reason to choose one over another.

True. Proper soldering should *not* come loose.

Drewsworld

Resting In Peace
Mar 14, 2009
New Jersey
www.nhaler.com
After trying almost every ecig brand and model on the market as well as all the mods and tinkering and lurking in the mod section of this forum, I made the decision to go with solderless switches and was able to find a solderless resistor...When higher heat is involved as with these mods most small resistors are not made to hold up to the voltage and amperage maintained....I have studied electrical theory and worked With Johnson Control World Services while doing my Mechanical Engineering Apprenticeship and helped design and develop the Medasis Automated Building Ops system back in the early nineties...Not bragging or anything but more qualifying my experience and I will tell you that if something can fail it will...Soldering joints and resistors fail...Why you would design something that would have a risk of a flaw when you can do a better job mechanically just dosent make sense to me...Thanks for your in put an d interest in my products...
Drew

needvapor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2009
Treasure Coast Florida =)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDO View Post
I was under the impression these wouldn't need a special tip for the kr808s or Greencigs - they would just screw right onto the mod. Then just open the airflow hole to your preference. The 901s thread right on to an 808 batt so I assumed you would just close the airflow hole back up to use with a 901. Or maybe you need a tip for the 901 to close the airflow hole completely?

Or perhaps they do have a special screw-on tip for the kr808s, Greencigs, and 901s (same threads) and you just adjust for airflow as needed?

EDO,
I do believe Lotus is correct here, at least that was my impression also but bumpin for Drew just in case! =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread