• You Decide!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jlmanno

ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Random number generator was always a lot of fun on Dawns DIY sub forum. We'd all get on and chat then she'd run the random no.generator and the poster with that number wins. Whatever you choose is great! I think any supplier promo's generate a lot of excitement fun, and develop a customer loyalty base as we feel appreciated. Happy vaping!

quasimod

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Joplin, MO - USA
Pick a random word (like quasimod), then the first person who posts a reply with that word (like quasimod) in it, will win a Chameleon! (like quasimod).

OK, now for my real suggestion:

1) Pick a secret, random number between 1-100.

2) Let everyone know the date/time when the contest begins (give a few days advanced notice).

3) The person who makes that numbered post/reply in the thread wins!

4) Only one post per member is allowed, and all posts must contain a funny poem, limerick, or picture. Double-posters or posts without the funny will be deleted.

5) Send quasimod a Chameleon!

I, for one, think this is an awesome plan and a very fun contest. Especially #5.

Last edited:

JeannieB360

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2009
Central New Jersey, USA
Lol Those are great idea's Jeannie! I think you counted out the 2nd one!
Well, I don't have a camera to submit videos, and so far I've had no luck on hitting magic post numbers on other fora, and I'm relatively certain to be too late in answering riddles/trivia, if I CAN answer them, so I was just proposing a possibility where I know that I CAN win.:thumbs:

But as I said, I'm already a winner by having the Chameleon and two of the laser pointer mods. And when you get the 6 volt option, I'm certain to be a winner again.

fsu1dolfan

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2008
South Florida
Very cool idea!!! MY birthday is tomorrow do i get bonus points :w00t:

As for the post count thing...i have an idea not sure if anyone mentioned it but i am a member on some other forums and usually how they do giveaways is this:

You set a time for everyone to post
for example say 1/22/10 through 1/31/10 at midnight

1) You can only post ONCE and if you post more then once you are disqualified. This helps keep posts down to a min.

2) Then after the deadline you draw a number at random and that is the post number. Whoever posted on that number wins.

Picture Contest is always a cool idea too
i.e. Picture of you vaping somewhere....most creative wins

Just a couple of ideas

Great idea Iken (PS maybe a Mr ECF contest again...j/k remember that :lol:)

skydragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2009
Mountain Cave
glad to be of help Iken ... but...... lol.... now you have inspired another idea with your mention of mixing ideas.

This would be a little more complicated and time consuming to organize on your part though. But I'll post it anyhow just in case. ;)

You could think up a list of things, some obscure some not so obscure, and make up little riddles/clues that people would have to figure out in order to guess what each item on the list was. But instead of people just guessing at the answers on the forum, the first person to figure out what the items were and then find pictures of all of these things and post all of the pics in a single post would be your winner.

Thy,
Couldn't we just say what they are? I don't know how to post pics.

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
Random number generator was always a lot of fun on Dawns DIY sub forum. We'd all get on and chat then she'd run the random no.generator and the poster with that number wins. Whatever you choose is great! I think any supplier promo's generate a lot of excitement fun, and develop a customer loyalty base as we feel appreciated. Happy vaping!

Pick a random word (like quasimod), then the first person who posts a reply with that word (like quasimod) in it, will win a Chameleon! (like quasimod).

OK, now for my real suggestion:

1) Pick a secret, random number between 1-100.

2) Let everyone know the date/time when the contest begins (give a few days advanced notice).

3) The person who makes that numbered post/reply in the thread wins!

4) Only one post per member is allowed, and all posts must contain a funny poem, limerick, or picture. Double-posters or posts without the funny will be deleted.

5) Send quasimod a Chameleon!

I, for one, think this is an awesome plan and a very fun contest. Especially #5.

Very cool idea!!! MY birthday is tomorrow do i get bonus points :w00t:

As for the post count thing...i have an idea not sure if anyone mentioned it but i am a member on some other forums and usually how they do giveaways is this:

You set a time for everyone to post
for example say 1/22/10 through 1/31/10 at midnight

1) You can only post ONCE and if you post more then once you are disqualified. This helps keep posts down to a min.

2) Then after the deadline you draw a number at random and that is the post number. Whoever posted on that number wins.

Picture Contest is always a cool idea too
i.e. Picture of you vaping somewhere....most creative wins

Just a couple of ideas

Great idea Iken (PS maybe a Mr ECF contest again...j/k remember that :lol:)
LOL Dolfan! Long time no see! I was just thinking about a few days ago! Ahh the glory days :oops: Isn't it amazing how fast forum time is compared to real life? HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quasi You had me cracking up over here!!

These are all GREAT idea's!! LOVE THEM! Whomever Idea we go with will be awarded the very first Prize!!!

Well, I don't have a camera to submit videos, and so far I've had no luck on hitting magic post numbers on other fora, and I'm relatively certain to be too late in answering riddles/trivia, if I CAN answer them, so I was just proposing a possibility where I know that I CAN win.:thumbs:

But as I said, I'm already a winner by having the Chameleon and two of the laser pointer mods. And when you get the 6 volt option, I'm certain to be a winner again.
Awww Jeannie! Never underestimate yourself! You'll always be surprised with the outcome if you believe. I can definitely foresee packaging one of these guys up and mailing one out to you!

Last edited:

fsu1dolfan

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2008
South Florida
LOL Dolfan! Long time no see! I was just thinking about a few days ago! Ahh the glory days :oops: Isn't it amazing how fast forum time is compared to real life? HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes it sure is...Congrats on the online store by the way. I have been out of the game a while but getting back on track....ill have to check out your stuff!!

Thyestean

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2009
Upstate NY
Thy,
Couldn't we just say what they are? I don't know how to post pics.

lol yeah it could be that. was just trying to think up something that took a little more effort/time to win so that those who didn't see it as soon as it was posted would have a little better chance of getting in on it before it was over ;)

These are all GREAT idea's!! LOVE THEM! Whomever Idea we go with will be awarded the very first Prize!!!

8-o:w00t:

*starts thinking harder* :D

grimmer255

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2009
somewhere out there......
thats true is to cold outside..... how about doing a riddle and then you have to find a pic of that riddle. And who ever gets all three riddles and pieces it together wins. But there is one ketch... once those who figured it goes to round 2.....all three pics represent something and if you can find what it means and post a pic of that meaning.... you win.

think about it... it can be something in history .... it can be a holiday it can be narrowed down to a christmas tree for the final pic.... or valentines or what ever...

scavenger hunt meets riddles lol

Last edited:

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
Yes it sure is...Congrats on the online store by the way. I have been out of the game a while but getting back on track....ill have to check out your stuff!!
Thank you old friend! I can't stress again how great it is to see you! Sign up for the newsletter! Theres going to be Great updates very soon! :thumb:
thats true is to cold outside..... how about doing a riddle and then you have to find a pic of that riddle. And who ever gets all three riddles and pieces it together wins. But there is one ketch... once those who figured it goes to round 2.....all three pics represent something and if you can find what it means and post a pic of that meaning.... you win.

think about it... it can be something in history .... it can be a holiday it can be narrowed down to a christmas tree for the final pic.... or valentines or what ever...

scavenger hunt meets riddles lol
Hmm I'm really diggin the concept Charlie. If we were to roll with it, a few modifications would have to be made. I do love the concept and think it's really cool, but I don't want folks to have to jump through hoops. How about if we mark it down as: A riddle is said and solved by a picture of the solution?

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
lol yeah it could be that. was just trying to think up something that took a little more effort/time to win so that those who didn't see it as soon as it was posted would have a little better chance of getting in on it before it was over ;)

8-o:w00t:

*starts thinking harder* :D

You!? Needing to think hard?? Ha! I doubt it!
Besides your idea is still one of the best faves!

grimmer255

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2009
somewhere out there......
Thank you old friend! I can't stress again how great it is to see you! Sign up for the newsletter! Theres going to be Great updates very soon! :thumb:
Hmm I'm really diggin the concept Charlie. If we were to roll with it, a few modifications would have to be made. I do love the concept and think it's really cool, but I don't want folks to have to jump through hoops. How about if we mark it down as: A riddle is said and solved by a picture of the solution?
that could work.... but it has to be challenging.... God i love a good challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread