Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
Ok everyone this is what we got! We can put it to a vote or just vote in posts right here on this thread. Upon request The photo sections can be replaced by words, so that everyone can play. The only thing i want to eliminate is the classic "......,dfgsldg" posts.

Dolfan, I have a nice happy ending in store for the contest ;)
1. I'd say if you do the thread count one the numbers should be pre-selected but anonymous that way you avoid the server issues. Maybe pick out the number ahead of time and record a short video showing the number and the prize and then when the post number gets passed you could just post the video in the thread.

Another idea, which I've seen another vendor do here, is to do a photo identification contest. Takes a little more knowledge to win thus making it more challenging than a riddle that anyone could google.

2.You could think up a list of things, some obscure some not so obscure, and make up little riddles/clues that people would have to figure out in order to guess what each item on the list was. But instead of people just guessing at the answers on the forum, the first person to figure out what the items were and then find pictures of all of these things and post all of the pics in a single post would be your winner.

Maybe random number generator once a day for 15 day? ppl can post as much as they like but can only win once? :confused:

You could do a word association game. You give a clue every so often and we get to guess what the word or phrase is. I can't remember the name of the gameshow, it had two people as a team on either side of the host and they gave a one word clue to their partner. It could be a phrase instead. Would take a little longer though.

Random number generator was always a lot of fun on Dawns DIY sub forum. We'd all get on and chat then she'd run the random no.generator and the poster with that number wins. Whatever you choose is great! I think any supplier promo's generate a lot of excitement fun, and develop a customer loyalty base as we feel appreciated. Happy vaping!

1) Pick a secret, random number between 1-100.

2) Let everyone know the date/time when the contest begins (give a few days advanced notice).

3) The person who makes that numbered post/reply in the thread wins!

4) Only one post per member is allowed, and all posts must contain a funny poem, limerick, or picture. Double-posters or posts without the funny will be deleted.

You set a time for everyone to post
for example say 1/22/10 through 1/31/10 at midnight

1) You can only post ONCE and if you post more then once you are disqualified. This helps keep posts down to a min.

2) Then after the deadline you draw a number at random and that is the post number. Whoever posted on that number wins.

Picture Contest is always a cool idea too
i.e. Picture of you vaping somewhere....most creative wins

Thyestean

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2009
Upstate NY
oh woops ... didn't notice the second page before hitting post lol

so are we just voting right here then?

Or are you going to start a new thread with a new poll for voting to save yourself the headache of having to sift through new posts, that end up having new ideas in them, and try to tally them all up? (hint hint :p )

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
oh woops ... didn't notice the second page before hitting post lol

so are we just voting right here then?

Or are you going to start a new thread with a new poll for voting to save yourself the headache of having to sift through new posts, that end up having new ideas in them, and try to tally them all up? (hint hint :p )

rolling.gif
Heres the Greatest part Thy! My original post above said "Wow I was just going through all the pages and didn't even see page 2! You guys a quick!! :lol: "
I actually been contemplating on making a new thread or just making the voting here :confused:

skydragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2009
Mountain Cave
lol yeah it could be that. was just trying to think up something that took a little more effort/time to win so that those who didn't see it as soon as it was posted would have a little better chance of getting in on it before it was over. ;)
:D

Are you sure you weren't just trying to make your odds better? :D

Thyestean

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2009
Upstate NY
rolling.gif
Heres the Greatest part Thy! My original post above said "Wow I was just going through all the pages and didn't even see page 2! You guys a quick!! :lol: "
I actually been contemplating on making a new thread or just making the voting here :confused:

LOL nice.

Probably less headache for you in the long run if you do a new poll to vote for the ideas you chose to pick from. I've seen other ones where they left the voting in the original thread and then people kept adding new entries to the original post rather than just voting. Don't have that worry with a poll vote.

Are you sure you weren't just trying to make your odds better? :D

lol No.

I was just trying to lessen ctjs chances but shhh don't tell her
snickeringdog.gif

skydragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2009
Mountain Cave
LOL nice.

Probably less headache for you in the long run if you do a new poll to vote for the ideas you chose to pick from. I've seen other ones where they left the voting in the original thread and then people kept adding new entries to the original post rather than just voting. Don't have that worry with a poll vote.

lol No.

I was just trying to lessen ctjs chances but shhh don't tell her
snickeringdog.gif

No,NO, I won't say a word. We should have smilies of lips and a zipper.

skydragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2009
Mountain Cave
I think the contest should be how many squirrels are in our yard at a particular time. I know that may sound like it is stacked in my favor but if someone comes up with the correct answer before I do, I will be very honest about it and tell you they beat me to it.

Oh, did I mention, the type of squirrel also needs to be stated. As in gray, red etc. Nothing to it.

Thyestean

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2009
Upstate NY
No,NO, I won't say a word. We should have smilies of lips and a zipper.

zip-zip-animated-animation-smiley-emoticon-000408-large.gif
;)

I think the contest should be how many squirrels are in our yard at a particular time. I know that may sound like it is stacked in my favor but if someone comes up with the correct answer before I do, I will be very honest about it and tell you they beat me to it.

Oh, did I mention, the type of squirrel also needs to be stated. As in gray, red etc. Nothing to it.

Do the dead ones count?

LOL @ all of that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread