Tired of the FDA Lies Repeated Over and Over?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vocalek

CASAA Activist
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
How many times have you read something like this in a news story about e-cigarettes? "The FDA tested electronic cigarette samples and found that they contain carcinogens and toxic chemicals such as diethylene glycol, an ingredient used in antifreeze."

The FDA refuses to correct the disinformation on their web site, so it's up to us to bring the true facts to light.

Using social media such as Twitter, Facebook, and Google Recommend, we can get this information out to a much wider audience.

FDA's partial truths and exaggerations endanger health

kwalka

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2012
Clearwater, Florida
walkers-finest.com
I am one of the lucky ones who was able to go from 2+ PAD, to exclusively vaping overnight. As I have said in many other posts, I am still in awe at how easy it was. I experienced no withdrawls, and minimal side effects, which were from stopping smoking not vaping. Anyway, I have become a bit of a spokesmen for vaping. Every chance I get I am approaching people and educating those who are interested. I have been saying since the day I found ECF that we need to be using our #'s to effect change.
Why are we not doing some kind of member wide survey, or study, or the like? We could put up some numbers that could not be ignored.

Vocalek

CASAA Activist
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Over 2,200 people responded to the survey that CASAA sponsored. Here is a link to the results: https://www.surveymonkey.com/sr.aspx?sm=HrpzL8PN5cP366RWhWvCTjggiZM_2b8yQJHfwE9UXRNhE_3d

This page on the CASAA site contains abstracts of additional surveys: Survey Studies: Electronic Cigarettes

The Etter & Bullen survey had more than 3,500 participants.

One way we use our numbers to effect change is by fighting proposed legislation that would ban sales to adults or indoor use of electronic cigarettes. CASAA issues Calls to Action (CTAs) when there is legislation being considered and supplies all the information you need to contact the decision makers, plus tips on what to say.

Virtual member meetings are held every other Sunday: CASAA Member Meetings

When you join CASAA (which is free of charge) you'll be sent our monthly newsletter. You can also support our work by making a donation. Why not do both? CASAA - The Consumer Advocates for Smoke-free Alternatives Association

crashinbrn

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2010
south-east Texas
CRASHINBRN.NET
Can we suggest that a number be put under the last chart showing how much DEG was found in the one cart of the e-cig? I know the visual is awesome, but seeing the minuscule number might drive home the point more??

the chart is based on these words. i wish i had noted who said it. pretty sure it was a CASAA board member tho.

The cartridges hold one ml of liquid, so the quantity the FDA found is 0.01 ml.

How toxic is this quantity?

It would take 100 cartridges to accumulate 1 ml of DEG.

Most consumers use one cartridge a day. Some may use as many as 3 cartridges.

The fatal dose of DEG is 1 ml per kg of body weight.

So for a 150 pound person to be fatally poisoned, he or she would need to ingest the contents of 6,600 cartridges—in a single day.

but i added this to the page as well as a brand new chart

DEG%20II.JPG

Last edited:

crashinbrn

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2010
south-east Texas
CRASHINBRN.NET

Vocalek

CASAA Activist
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Here's a little more:

Skoal Bandits 1,300 ng /g
Swedish snus (General) 2000 ng / g

Stepanov I, Jensen J, Hatsukami D, Hecht SS. Tobacco-specific nitrosamines in new tobacco products. Nicotine Tob Res. 2006 Apr;8(2):309-13. http://www.starscientific.com/404/stepanov tsna in.pdf

Table 1 lists quite a few different products, however the values are expressed as micrograms rather than nanograms. To convert, multiply by 1,000.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread