Status
Not open for further replies.

dspin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2010
USA
dV-Ll0Ksb08OjQAsGoeve7p2bDdQ0ZwA3jkvI2MvXMmJQFDFbB3B3CLoQO74XdwvHXXJRmB2oj0An7SZI801NuDAT8ik2bb58j9EoDG_Zlc_Vi_pqf_puz1wHUw=s0-d-e1-ft

The Achilles is the next new dripper from Titanium mods, no wires or soldering. Simple, very easy to setup and build, with few parts . 22 mm, All titanium, extremely light and well made with beautiful engravings on the front and also the top cap. Plain on the back for those who dont care for engravings.

The little brother to Prometey 2, being only 36mm without drip tip and connector. Here we have it on the Lord by GUS in 18350 mode. You will see just how small it is.

Achilles640x245_zpsc78fc16c.jpg

It utilizes 2 juice wells making capacity 2.2 ml - however you can put more in to 1/2 way up the center chimney, because of the high posts and high chimney. It doesn't leak and air comes in from side hole in base. Filling is done by removing the top cap. If you happen to get juice down the center air chimney - just blow it out from the size airhole - easy and no removing it from the device. Trying to fill it down the drip tip usually results in getting some down the airhole.

Air control is adjusted from screw in bottom of base with allen key, with increments of - 0.3mm to 1.8mm - The best way to vape it is with a easy, slow, long draw. Some people have said they hear air when inhaling - so dont use massive hard inhales.

It also has an adjustable center post - so will fit all devices for sure.

It vapes just as great as the Prometey, flavor is amazing and a tad sharper/brighter. Vapor production is again excellent. I tried putting filler in top, but it is much better without it.

Price is 115 Euros w/registered WORLDWIDE shipping - here's what you get

"ACHILLES" set:- atomizer "ACHILLES"
-
allen key to adjust the air hole - 1 piece
-
shims to adjust center pin- thread of silica -1 meter- nichrome wire 0.20 mm-1 meter
- plastic drip tip - 1 piece

It is so versatile, it can take anything you may wish to build in it. Mesh U-wick, Mesh and Cotton, Silica, Ekowool, etc etc

Here we have Mesh U-Wick

_egO-4P04BOJx5nyyuxsSwK9CvGylnOdjKv5X6rpQdUWpgVbGdCVm4xxxgV4iLFeFI-hkyqf_jQecmd-UwTWxCqMsTv8zQhje3w9wi0XLCnMcwr0i2Df5VgTCLcqI7A1hg=s0-d-e1-ft

Next - Mesh and Cotton - Photo courtesy of Moueix

fBL5nMGO_t8kLHwFqzUPulidMigid6c6voV7-KeNpr--GbRfBbw-4ASPwSxiZDAOtikdqk3KsSo=s0-d-e1-ft

Silca in building stage

UsAaTE2TZdgvAr2g1fdNou5PypUmgHHo3yLInzYx-7yUol-BCnwrP2COSy8cxXWLcFBecKFOkRaXx9zstoNktgd9-2Z_0Y63Qp5r7NZZwiRW_xKEam2X4g90PYPXKeEqcw=s0-d-e1-ft

MIcro Coil with Cotton - Photo courtesy fo Vwls

1MkV_Ezn9aDK8j1Z_BW9spropRIKOjjq4j6g-LeeypwfPvggS_uvj40dqivl6av13i62boa4f84AWLpLloFRKT0RdF-z3WvZDXPc27_r9Ln05qSRzpUJq1PFpc8=s0-d-e1-ft

4NEN0gVICG2gz8VWwckadimhNkMxUNwIA2wWC94zdJb6jVziFwMyLQhMWD9qdZcJ2H8AN4d5HU9khAFcnimBO7_LvkA4ONPX2nwAd48qkqj85A5_bZb3Gbg-V0I=s0-d-e1-ft

Cotton yarn w/3/2/3 26 Gauge = photo courtesy of Pian Razak

emwnPq8C9PduoPI-Wa3bH3pfaX8sCe5mBbq09GYgRcd5mw4_23cJLyt6wzZNZTuPvaBxYseuN4rVBYAUoSVGk2BwdJZDxdF7UOt1oyUCRClkEdwiD_AGBJUvmhCfffJldtHe-UJuQynE=s0-d-e1-ft

dIF8aS0_0vEH2b4S9TMmMDq7806AUr9wFV4VHd9rO76fWod0_p6qowwIc3qJjDwKVhX0qbRgdJqj-JhJBjC7wKOV55ob1puwJKLuvmB0caDV6wawMjErQpKlEkFFc_5PQx4J0s1TlyDC=s0-d-e1-ft

Achilles on Gray Bishop

QpKbLHmPkuMd8btpkJTdm5n8Fqs4mczOPryEY32tZnCa70fqS651lrXvJVTdAkSno6VRa3BExEcEldX2xmR3MzZRDTllB8Spim7qG9NAN35j4PTkqf56eL5vYHzHzxP-ZGaT=s0-d-e1-ft

On Caravela

012bb_zps07dc41fb.jpg

mYpa5Qp-yPGOVyuTFQO5cxLTpfJcsiHux0FjYlJ3mRq8Rx61S-JgP-VQMBSgtfO4mDV1OIBeIgOwYfTyoe6dSDgfrG-iO2aeAIHrLHsSAQ7YCx4PR3mJISmKfwXEVagnwB8=s0-d-e1-ft

On Lord by GUS

mt3m8bRCbccmEzKXfIMKx_bDAUJu_tn9lBP507zSDjYdUUSOj6YzkEvFqk5b3L2yUyLBPlDydrUoeKKc-OnkaceSQ-CBdImUfGpn89MNoQlxd3GAZxAMW67P9c1cvfyrj6j9=s0-d-e1-ft

Achilles w/Bigger Brother Prometey 2 size comparison for those who have asked

ca

Last edited:
Reactions: David Wolf

dspin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2010
USA

Vwls

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2013
AZ
LOL Bashik is still sending me a Prometey... yes??? (Here's where Bashik rushes in to the thread to tell everyone how excited he is to send them more of his precious creations) ;)

Great review Dspin as always, and awesome photos.

For those who like a pretty hefty bit of vapor and an open draw, I will note here that the Achilles has a bit of a tight draw even with the air passage opened to full capacity. It more than compensates for this however with stunning looks and a great symmetrical design under the hood (and those deep juice wells - heavenly). I do recommend this atty - it's a must for the discerning collector/vaper.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
LOL Bashik is still sending me a Prometey... yes??? (Here's where Bashik rushes in to the thread to tell everyone how excited he is to send them more of his precious creations) ;)

Great review Dspin as always, and awesome photos.

For those who like a pretty hefty bit of vapor and an open draw, I will note here that the Achilles has a bit of a tight draw even with the air passage opened to full capacity. It more than compensates for this however with stunning looks and a great symmetrical design under the hood (and those deep juice wells - heavenly). I do recommend this atty - it's a must for the discerning collector/vaper.

I ordered the Promety-II on the day of it's launch. Waaaaaaaaaaaay back in Dec-13 (1st week if I remember right) ~ and there has been no updates. My emails to Bashik elicits nothing worthwhile either :(

Vwls

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2013
AZ
I ordered the Promety-II on the day of it's launch. Waaaaaaaaaaaay back in Dec-13 (1st week if I remember right) ~ and there has been no updates. My emails to Bashik elicits nothing worthwhile either :(
Similar experience for me. But I cried about it enough that I was sent an Achilles. I suggest tears - real tears qorax. This is no time to be manly.

dspin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2010
USA
LOL Bashik is still sending me a Prometey... <b>yes</b>??? (Here's where Bashik rushes in to the thread to tell everyone how excited he is to send them more of his precious creations) ;)<br />
<br />
Great review Dspin as always, and awesome photos.<br />
<br />

Check your order number, you should be coming soon, Everyone needs one Prometey

sent from my Droid Charge using Tapatalk

bashik1

Verified Member
Dec 10, 2011
Alexander from Nikolaev , Ukraine

Please write to me your order ID, I'll see how I accelerate the process.

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
Can't wait for my Achilles… wow,

my P2 gets more use than any atomizer i ever had, ( I've had just about every Ti from Bashik and the Ukraine modders.) and i've tried more than my share of high end atomizers in the last few years.

The Big Ben was tops for flavor in my experience (vapor is outstanding too)

…but the P2 has just been foolproof and the air draw is perfect as it came so i've never adjusted it.

I can put over a ml of juice at a time (mostly drip it in and tilt to let the filler absorb, and then it takes close to a ml more at the base.

fwiw Ive never seen any other atomizer with Bashik's trademark elevated air hole post (under the coil)…

I guess the P2 chamber size helps cool the vapor vs. ie. the Gryphon, which is awesome too and warmer… it (P2) really showcases the flavor of your favorite juice with clarity like nothing I've tried.

The P2 never gets hot either even at 0.5 resistance…

I know this is the Achilles thread Dspin, sorry… but just saying… can't wait to compare it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread