Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
i can't find any internals of the Eclipse.... its a sweet looker.
whats the story with the bronze?
any info?

hell i ought to just order it... i don't want to be sorry later

I know, right? Man, Uke, you are such a bad influence. But, I, like you, will unload something in a second. I love the bronze and if djBrewart ever gets done with the MFTP I will have a bronze mod coming too.

dspin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2010
USA
D, are you going to start a thread for the Eclipse too? I also see the Phoenix is up, but I am less interested in mods (at least compared to attys).

No, I wont be buying an Eclipse until there is an elegant engraving put on it like the Achilles. I dont buy plain atomizers. I would however buy another Achilles as it is very beautiful to my eyes and vapes awesome.

Everything I buy/recommend must also appeal to me aesthetically besides vaping great. Also if I dont like the looks of something, it would be difficult for me to take the time to photograph it.

I am sure the Eclipse will appeal to those who do not like engravings on their attys

Last edited:

dspin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2010
USA
I don't mind the no-engraving look, D... Although the Achilles is one of the most attractive atties I've ever seen, because of the engraving.

But what do you think beyond the aesthetics... How about the build and internal styling?

V, your right about the looks of the Achilles, it is just magnificent. The Eclipse with no engraving reminds me of the Stamer before it became Prometey.

The build quality I cant comment on since I dont have one in hand but based on the pic Uke posted - it looks like a prototype pic.

For example, the internal air posts arent finished off - meaning at the top - they are rough, need smoothed out. The other posts arent polished up - this tells me its not a production model, but a picture of a prototype. Reason I say this is - on Prometeys and Achilles ALL posts are finished off.

For build, I think its hard to beat a properly setup single coil atty. Thats only my opinion though. However, for dual coils and triple posts, I would prefer to see large holes drilled into the posts for easier set-up.

Last edited:

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
V, your right about the looks of the Achilles, it is just magnificent. The Eclipse with no engraving reminds me of the Stamer before it became Prometey.

The build quality I cant comment on since I dont have one in hand but based on the pic Uke posted - it looks like a prototype pic.

For example, the internal air posts arent finished off - meaning at the top - they are rough, need smoothed out. The other posts arent polished up - this tells me its not a production model, but a picture of a prototype. Reason I say this is - on Prometeys and Achilles ALL posts are finished off.

For build, I think its hard to beat a properly setup single coil atty. Thats only my opinion though. However, for dual coils and triple posts, I would prefer to see large holes drilled into the posts for easier set-up.

I thought something similar when I looked at the internals, though I could've never been able to articulate it like that.

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
I am not the connoisseur that Dspin is, to his credit. For me beauty is what beauty does... as far as holes in the center post, i plan to use a method for duals that others have done before, but learned it when i saw how easy it is in the youtube for the Veritas.

You take one long piece of wire anchored/center to the center post, and use a blunt tip needle to wrap your coils on either side of the post, and anchor to the neg. posts one at a time. (Works good on the Origen too).

Last edited:

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
I am feeling that my Achilles gives better flavor than the P2.

But because it doesn't hold as much juice as P2, 1.5ml vs. P2 3ml (?)....and for some reason the P2 is a little easier to fill through the d/t than the Achllles without getting juice in the air post (even tilted), I have to take the top cap upper section off to refill... its worth it imo. Actually if you tilt the Achilles it will fill ok, and then blow or suck out the air post a bit.

I believe the Achilles, would make an EXCELLENT b/f like the Origen2 with b/f conversion post... but not sure if its possible with the center post lined up with the air post (seemingly)....

Last edited:

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
Update on Achilles... Aside from needing to take the upper top cap part off, the trick is wicking and what resistance you use.
Because the coil is about what 3-4mm over the juice wells and if you are going much under 1 ohms you need excellent wicking to get the juice to that coil.
I'm imagining many are do like .8 to 1.8 ohms on the Achilles with good results but i like sub ohms for the fast response.
I use .5 to .6 ohms, and I'd like to go lower but I will get some dry hits if I do... thats why I say the Achilles in not for sub .5 ohms.
Even with .5 I will get some dry hits when the juice well is half full.
(btw it takes a good 1ml easy)

Best wick so far I found is the Rayon Cellucotton and a slightly large ID micro coil; that stuff wicks great!
It feels like cotton but finer strands, and more uniform, and wicks much faster.

Still waiting on word about my Eclipse; I can't wait to try dual coils and where the d/t filling will not drip onto the air posts (duals).

i just saw folks talking about the Viking which looks very similar but has more neg posts for some reason.

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
Uke buddy, try some Pima Cotton Sliver from the cottonman. I wouldnt use Rayon - thats man made - too many chemicals. Pima Cotton really wicks well and tastes awesome. Only cotton I have ever found that I liked. You can try an 18" piece for 2.00 shipped

that looks good Dspin; looks like what a guy on ebay is selling called Angel Hair organic cotton... I have some but will get a $2 piece of Pima.
Does anyone know if this is organic btw?

aage

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 28, 2014
iceland
Got my Achilles today and LOVE IT. Its fantastic quality and holds a lot of Juice and the flavor is fantastic. I built it using double twisted 32 gauge kanthal and a silica wick. its awesome , no other words for it. It look fantastic on the Gus mods, Lord and Kiss , its about the same diameter as that mods. Now I want the Promety to and whatever the third one was ;-).

dspin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2010
USA
D, what mesh and gauge Kanthal do you use for your U-wick on the Achilles?

MM as I recall that was 400 mesh ( I think) and 30 G Kanthal. I quit using that after a bit and went back to Ekowool. Then I changed out to Pima Cotton Sliver and found that wicked the best of all. Great flavor, no boiling - I didnt much care for any of the other cottons till I tried that from the Cotton Man.

dspin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2010
USA
Got my Achilles today and LOVE IT. Its fantastic quality and holds a lot of Juice and the flavor is fantastic. I built it using double twisted 32 gauge kanthal and a silica wick. its awesome , no other words for it. It look fantastic on the Gus mods, Lord and Kiss , its about the same diameter as that mods. Now I want the Promety to and whatever the third one was ;-).

Congrats Aa, glad you like it so much. Prometey is awesome also. The third one is perhaps the Ataman?? If so I should have mine in August and will let everyone know how it is. He offers full metal tank now too so I just bought one.

10537112_633868010054137_3309438254553400017_n.jpg

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
MM as I recall that was 400 mesh ( I think) and 30 G Kanthal. I quit using that after a bit and went back to Ekowool. Then I changed out to Pima Cotton Sliver and found that wicked the best of all. Great flavor, no boiling - I didnt much care for any of the other cottons till I tried that from the Cotton Man.

I took your advice on the Cotton Man -- that stuff is regal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread