Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptSteve

Airborn ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2011
41,000ft at M 0.85
Damn they seem to heat up really fast, impressive.
Wondering if it's safe to vape VG though with something like that.

What I demonstrated was without a wick as you saw soul. If the wick is wet she vapes like a freight train on steroids and never glows red. Titanium is safer than baby food

JMBH

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2014
Madrid , Spain
The new Titanium wire in action

Hey guys just put together a quick coil with twisted titanium wire on the Ithaka update to show you how quick this wire responds. What you'll absolutely love from this wire is the flavor. It seems to make your e-juice come out in full flavor but I figured that what's actually happening here is a lack of wire flavor which we as vapers are so used to. I've been vaping the same juice exclusively (and I mean nothing else) for the last almost 4 years now and this wire let me realize so many more undertones I wasn't getting with Kanthal and Nichrome.

Truly great stuff guys and surely much more healthy for you over Kanthal and Nichrome. It's resistance is less than Nichrome and Kanthal, so you can use longer pieces to get the same resistance you had with either Kanthal or Nichrome which is great for them micro's.

Only down side is you can't weld your own non-res-non wires as titanium cannot be welded with conventional welders we use. It requires a special complicated process (no chemicals) to weld it to non res wire.

Vassilis had to do a lot of work to finally get this wire to us and he is the world's first stockist of this wire. We've done a lot of testing of this wire in all sorts of different resistances/atties and coil combos and results were stellar across the board. I personally feel this is the wire of the future and the GG community will experience the future first.

Titanium Ready Wires up on ESG site on Wednesday together with only R titanium wires at 0,25 and 0,32 thickness.

Happy vaping

Thanks Captain :) Great !!!!

CaptSteve

Airborn ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2011
41,000ft at M 0.85
Obviously if it's in contact with a liquid it won't glow red since heat is dissipated into it. However it could be high enough to be toxic...

According to the test we've done it doesn't and I even rocked 0.28 duals in one of my drippers and they didn't run any hotter than kanthal. What you're referring to can happen with kanthal and nichrome as well if you over heat VG. We have several potential dangers in vaping, with the introduction of this wire we just eliminated at least one of them so you have to agree that must be a positive achievement

soulseek

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
London, UK
According to the test we've done it doesn't and I even rocked 0.28 duals in one of my drippers and they didn't run any hotter than kanthal. What you're referring to can happen with kanthal and nichrome as well if you over heat VG. We have several potential dangers in vaping, with the introduction of this wire we just eliminated at least one of them so you have to agree that must be a positive achievement

If you didn't get dangerous temperatures during testing then that's enough for me. I was only asking because I don't currently have access to an IR thermometer so I can't check it myself.

Obviously nichrome and kanthal can be dangerous, that's why I never build anything below .8 Ω

Aal_

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2012
Toronto
If you didn't get dangerous temperatures during testing then that's enough for me. I was only asking because I don't currently have access to an IR thermometer so I can't check it myself.

Obviously nichrome and kanthal can be dangerous, that's why I never build anything below .8 Ω
Doesn't matter what ohms or watts you're running. You can be at 0.1 ohms with lower temperature than 1.5 ohms. Energy is lost in phase transfer and not as heat all the time. As long as you have liquid you can run 100 watts and still be at good temperature levels.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
not at all seek. I have made so many experiments that you cant imagine lol
Do you think that I would introduce you something that was not totally safe? :)
Obviously if it's in contact with a liquid it won't glow red since heat is dissipated into it. However it could be high enough to be toxic...

Last edited:

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
  • Deleted by imeothanasis

soulseek

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
London, UK
Doesn't matter what ohms or watts you're running. You can be at 0.1 ohms with lower temperature than 1.5 ohms. Energy is lost in phase transfer and not as heat all the time. As long as you have liquid you can run 100 watts and still be at good temperature levels.

Don't think phase transfer is the correct wording here...
Wattage doesn't matter, or your resistance. What matters is what your coil is made of, i.e. it's thermal properties and hence how much heat it dissipates. My main worry was that the coil maybe was heating up too fast; enough for acrolein to be present. But apparently it's been tested.

Imeo obviously since you've been so concerned about safety I was sure you would have checked this. But since I myself care just as much about safe vaping, I had to ask.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
you did well seek. You put the question that other people wanted to put for sure.

You are safer than nichrome-kanthal. I cant tell you the reasons right now, maybe later. That means that you are not really safe because you never know in what temperature you vape. But much safer for sure and not only because of the temperature

Last edited:

Aal_

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2012
Toronto
Sell them to these that they don't care so much about their good health or throw them away.:unsure:
I already did that.
60€ of wires is just a meal in a tavern!!! :)
Ella re steliosss you are the first guys here in GG who tried the ti wire. So you are saying everyone vaping in the world except 5 people don't care for their health lol :D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread