Status
Not open for further replies.

Vwls

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2013
AZ
Hi there - thanks for this thread. A great modder I know is also looking into titanium wire as a safer alternative for coils, and some of us on another forum have been planning a group buy. Can you tell us please, what % titanium is the wire you'll be selling, and what is the link to place an order for the resistance varieties?

Much appreciated - I'm so happy that vaping is moving toward scientifically demonstrated safety!

firehorse66

ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Marktredwitz, Germany
I don't know the % of titanium but the link where you can order is following:

www.e-smokeguru.gr/en/supplies-en/wires-wick-en

Listed and available from Wednesday 09. Jul.

Hi there - thanks for this thread. A great modder I know is also looking into titanium wire as a safer alternative for coils, and some of us on another forum have been planning a group buy. Can you tell us please, what % titanium is the wire you'll be selling, and what is the link to place an order for the resistance varieties?

Much appreciated - I'm so happy that vaping is moving toward scientifically demonstrated safety!

Last edited:

Vwls

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2013
AZ
kanthal_versus_Ti.jpg

billypapa

Supplier Associate
ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2011
Greece
www.e-smokeguru.gr
Seems like every couple months a newer wicking medium gets discovered, yet in the few years I've been vaping kanthal and nichrome have been the only option for resistance wire. Nice to see a possible evolution in this area. Subscribed and excited to see how this turns out!

I think thats great for the vaping comunity Jerms,
all of us want to have new and better vaping stuff :)
In the beginning of the my research about titanium i read that some guys have tested this material but in a wrong way and with wrong material.
After months of research and tests and with Imeos and some great friends help i have manage to get them work perfectly.

petar k

Unresolved Status
Jun 6, 2010
Serbia / Croatia
Thank you pet:)
you dont really need Ti mesh. Titanium is dangerous like all other metals when oxidised. As you may know, inhaling metal oxidation is one of the worst things you can do to your body

pure titanium is the grade

so, that means that higher percentage of Ti the better. i found some on the net which are 99.7 Ti for about 36$ per 10m, compared to 99.9 which is much more expensive. i hope that 0.2% less Ti doesn't make that much of a difference as much as the prices.
anyway, i hope that you will stock the Ti wire soon because i know that would be the best one for the purpose.
just one more thing - how long is the 0.65e piece?

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
welcome vw:)
Its pure titanium. The composition is 99,7%

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
the length depends on resistance pet. Also resistance depends on thickness. There are so many combinations that I cant really find and post them.
There are a lot of fake titanium wires out there. We need a very serious/reliable factory for those wires.
so, that means that higher percentage of Ti the better. i found some on the net which are 99.7 Ti for about 36$ per 10m, compared to 99.9 which is much more expensive. i hope that 0.2% less Ti doesn't make that much of a difference as much as the prices.
anyway, i hope that you will stock the Ti wire soon because i know that would be the best one for the purpose.
just one more thing - how long is the 0.65e piece?

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
I post this on esmokeguru thread too so all people can be informed:

Unfortunately, the only R wires are the wrong grade, so we cant have them on Tuesday or Wednesday. Vasilis will have the ready made wires for now.

You maybe know it but saying it one more time will not hurt anyone. The ready made wires are better for atomizers that dont use NR wire because all the resistance is around the wick and there is no loss of power like with only R wires

Bishopheals

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2012
Staten Island
www.youtube.com
Titanium fires up very very easily. I played with it in the past for drippers and going .25 ohms it will burn up and flames. the higher resistance the better it worked but from time to time would give issues. The titanium i used was grade 1 not sure if its same grade your using but as far as I know there are 5 different grades.

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Welcome buddy,
i didnt know you ventor/discoverer of the microcoil.
It is very good to have you here and to share knowlege of coils and wires :)

Thank you. It was all just luck - wrapped some wire with close wraps around a small nail, posted it on ECF and the rest is history :)

It happened very early in my Rebuilding career so I haven't tried many other setups cause the micro works so well for my vaping style so I'm afraid I don't have much knowledge of anything else :)

These days an 8 to 10 wrap of 29 ga around a .055" rod is just perfect for me :)

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
very nice videos super, thank you very much. They look really nice methods and all people must use them.

As for torching, there is no reason to do it as I see it because wire has undergone plastic deformation because of the strong and small loops around the metal rod.

If you ask a serious scientist that knows about metals he will tell you to stay feets away when you burn a metal and of course not to put it in your mouth. Also to not put liquid on it that will delute its oxidation.

If you want to see how much people are confused, they think that using drippers for example they have fresh liquid all the time (not true, maybe the opossite) but on the other hand they dilute oxidation to their liquids. Its like we dont eat old but only fresh eggs and then we drink gasoline to quench our thirst. Its also like when we worry about our liquid when it becomes dark from sun and we dont worry about it when WE make it black inside oxidised wires all the time without knowing the big risks we take

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread