Tobacco Absolute (the NET redheaded stepchild)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VaporMizer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2012
I just finished talking to someone at http://tobaccoextracts.com/ and they seem to be very open to the idea of selling relatively small quantities in a group buy CoOp type arrangement. I have no experience in CoOps or anything like that, so that would be best left to a more experienced member IMO. If anyone is interested in starting a CoOp just send me a PM for contact info. I get the impression that any of the DIY supplier places would have absolutely no problem at all purchasing extracts from this friendly company.

This family owned company has been in the tobacco business a long time and involves some quite highly regarded tobacco graders from what I understand. They even grow some of their own tobaccos. Many different tobacco varieties are available and they use a number of different extraction techniques but they have singled out some varieties that work well for e-liquids and tend to do a maceration type of extraction that can use either alcohol as a solvent or taylored more to an e-liquid base (I assume PG/VG).

Last edited:

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
I just finished talking to someone at Home | Tobacco-Extract and they seem to be very open to the idea of selling relatively small quantities in a group buy CoOp type arrangement. I have no experience in CoOps or anything like that, so that would be best left to a more experienced member IMO. If anyone is interested in starting a CoOp just send me a PM for contact info. I get the impression that any of the DIY supplier places would have absolutely no problem at all purchasing extracts from this friendly company.

This family owned company has been in the tobacco business a long time and involves some quite highly regarded tobacco graders from what I understand. They even grow some of their own tobaccos. Many different tobacco varieties are available and they use a number of different extraction techniques but they have singled out some varieties that work well for e-liquids and tend to do a maceration type of extraction that can use either alcohol as a solvent or taylored more to an e-liquid base (I assume PG/VG).

You have been an awesome teammate in uncovering information! Thanks for your continued investigating.

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
I just finished talking to someone at http://tobaccoextracts.com/ and they seem to be very open to the idea of selling relatively small quantities in a group buy CoOp type arrangement. I have no experience in CoOps or anything like that, so that would be best left to a more experienced member IMO. If anyone is interested in starting a CoOp just send me a PM for contact info. I get the impression that any of the DIY supplier places would have absolutely no problem at all purchasing extracts from this friendly company.

I can't access that site without it blinking closed right away on my phone (my only home internet). I'll go to the local book, computer, cd/dvd, periodical, free-loan agency and check it out. I may get in on this.

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk 2

VaporMizer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2012
You have been an awesome teammate in uncovering information! Thanks for your continued investigating.

Thanks, but I really enjoy looking into this stuff anyway. Just because I'm done smoking doesn't mean I'm finished with tobacco, and I think we've only scratched the surface of tobacco e-liquids and their potential. I sincerely hope and believe they will be the future, and the pinnacle, of the tobacco industry.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Thanks, but I really enjoy looking into this stuff anyway. Just because I'm done smoking doesn't mean I'm finished with tobacco, and I think we've only scratched the surface of tobacco e-liquids and their potential. I sincerely hope and believe they will be the future, and the pinnacle, of the tobacco industry.

I feel ya'.

• Creative
Reactions: SCOTT-3

VaporMizer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2012
I can't access that site without it blinking closed right away on my phone (my only home internet). I'll go to the local book, computer, cd/dvd, periodical, free-loan agency and check it out. I may get in on this.

I sent you a PM with contact info.

EDIT: Just FYI, the person I talked to said to go ahead and forward that contact email to anyone interested in organizing a group buy, so it's OK despite the dire non-disclosure warnings. :)

Last edited:

unclestu

ECF Veteran
Apr 23, 2013
ALLENHURST, NJ, USA
Thanks for the great information. I just ordered some of Mom and POP's ry4 and noticed it was made with Tobacco Absolute. As TA can ruin a juice if not handled properly I am glad thaat I selectd my RY4 from Mon and Pop. I am going to try a NET RY4 and compare the two. Should be very interesting. I must say i am really starting to get into this . I want to say thanks to everyone for being so generous with all of the great information that is being made avaailable on this forum.
Stu

VaporMizer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2012

Hey Jerms, have you looked into http://tobaccoextracts.com/ more? I'd love to check out their extracts out too...it wouldn't take many people to get a small group buy going (although I have no idea how to organize that myself). They told me they've sold fairly small quantities before - they didn't want me to be specific on the exact quantity because they really didn't want to be tied down to that as a minimum order, so maybe they would even sell less. If a few more people were interested maybe we could convinced someone with CoOp experience to get something organized.

I was just thinking how even a company that has been doing extracts for decades for the tobacco industry mostly uses the relatively simple maceration technique. They do agitate during the soak, so my use of an ultrasonic cleaner during the soak is a pretty close aproximation. It all seems so accessible now, I just need to streamline my filtration process. Of course, I don't have elite tobacco graders selecting my tobaccos like Tobacco Extracts Inc. , plus they grow some of their own Orientals, but if I stick to blends from well known tobacconists I should be able to do fine for my own personal use. I need to shift back into DIY mode soon methinks.

Last edited:

Randy C

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2012
SW Florida
As much as I adore M&P's, their TA juices tend to gunk up my RBA cotton wicks quickly; they literally turn black in less than a day. No worse than most NET's though (except Ahlusion). This won't stop me from using M&P's, because regardless, the flavor hangs in there for quite some time.

Just an observation: Most synthetics or simple soaks tend to burn cleaner. I recently revisited a few vendors that I haven't used in quite some time; BWB Backo and Virginia are a few... In a cotton wicked RBA, these can go weeks without a "diaper" change. Although these burn cleaner, their flavors now seem elementary to me and lack complexity that most NET's, or even quality TA's like M&P's Tobacco Haze can provide. I'm kinda ranting... I just can't turn back to juices that used to satisfy me when I first began vaping; there are far too many quality NET and TA offerings out there today

Last edited:

dsy5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2010
New York
Sorry if this has been addressed earlier —

I make my own tobacco flavored juice and my main tobacco ingredient has been The Flavor Apprentices (TFA) Tobacco Blend (Alc). It is made from TA, Ethyl Maltol and Pure Grain Alcohol. Lately, I have not seen this available for purchase. Even the TFA website no longer lists this flavor.

I have sparingly seen TFA Tobacco Blend (PG) available, but this is not what I desire. I fear that the TFA Tobacco Blends are being phased out.

Now I know I can create my own, and I do have some TA, Ethyl Maltol and PGA. I was wondering if anyone could suggest the proper amounts to duplicate the TFA Tobacco Blend.

I have a recipe for a tobacco blend which calls for 2 drops TA, 1/4 tssp Ethyl Maltol and 10 ml of PGA. I just wonder if this is a much stronger concentration than the pre-made TFA Tobacco Blend. The suggested use of 1 drop per 1 ml seems to lead me to believe that it is.

You're thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Sorry if this has been addressed earlier —

I make my own tobacco flavored juice and my main tobacco ingredient has been The Flavor Apprentices (TFA) Tobacco Blend (Alc). It is made from TA, Ethyl Maltol and Pure Grain Alcohol. Lately, I have not seen this available for purchase. Even the TFA website no longer lists this flavor.

I have sparingly seen TFA Tobacco Blend (PG) available, but this is not what I desire. I fear that the TFA Tobacco Blends are being phased out.

Now I know I can create my own, and I do have some TA, Ethyl Maltol and PGA. I was wondering if anyone could suggest the proper amounts to duplicate the TFA Tobacco Blend.

I have a recipe for a tobacco blend which calls for 2 drops TA, 1/4 tssp Ethyl Maltol and 10 ml of PGA. I just wonder if this is a much stronger concentration than the pre-made TFA Tobacco Blend. The suggested use of 1 drop per 1 ml seems to lead me to believe that it is.

You're thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Hey.

I am sorry, but I only research TA from the standpoint of how it is made and who uses it (not necessarily how to use it). For this type of question, there should be readily available help from the DIY section.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread