Told I had not really quit

Status
Not open for further replies.

7thCabal

ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2010
808state
It probably won't be the last time you'll hear those types of comments. I've heard that one more than a few times and from some surprising sources who I thought would be happy for me and support me, but instead decided to chastise me instead. And the interesting part is that the only ones who have not been very supportive are those who either used to smoke or still do. Every single person who never smoked has been very supportive and very happy for me...

So true... so very true & sad-- smokers are dumb (not all, but a lot!):p

Personally don't like labels & I don't really care... I kinda rather just like being. Save the labels 4 when i'm dead... you can put it in my eulogy.

Last edited:

suddenly

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 26, 2009
The Secret Garden
My daughter was thrilled when I started vaping. That was 9 months ago, now things have changed.

When are you going to stop using that thing mom? I feel sometimes like I just can't win, with my kid at least.

Personally even though I am on low nic I know for a fact I would go right back to analogs by the end of the first day if I stopped vaping. It doesn't bother me to vape so lay off me.:D

Speak for yourself, mutt
I vape, I don't smoke. If there's smoke coming outta YOUR PV, you oughtta have it fixed or looked at...:)
and I would NEVER go buy a pack of cigs even if it was the last nicotine on earth.
I'm a vaper and an EX SMOKER and plan on keeping it that way

Then I am assuming you are at 0 nicotine. In that case, yes I will consider you an ex-smoker and a true voporererer, or however its spelled.:p I would also assume that you could leave the house without your PV and go through a full day with no worries. If thats the case, congrats, you are where I plan on being one day.

i'll say that i'm not a smoker as well. Mutt, I respect and thank you for posting your opinion but i disagree, If you think you're still a smoker, try putting down u'r PV for a pack of smokes, i'm fairly certain you'll MUCH rather have your PV and put the cigs down for it. We may be Nicoholics because if an alcoholic can't get alcohol they'll resort to mouthwash and nyquil. now for us, cigs are mouthwash and nyquil. that if we had no other alternative, we would go back, but I would, given the choice now rather vape. This is coming from someone who didn't intend to quit smoking but instead intended to just use a PV where smoking was prohibited but wound up quitting anyway.

if you're not using tobacco flavors anymore just try lighting up - it's awful.

so given that i'd rather not have a cigarette if i have a choice i'll say i'm a non-smoker
but i will admit completely and totally that I'm a nicotine addict and choose to stay one (better anti-depressant (w/ a few other things) and w/ fewer side effects than anything BP has on the market)

I agree, I would rather vape than smoke, BUT, if I lost all my supplies, I would go right back to smoking. Thats why I consider myself a smoker.

Hi mutt! My name is Brian and I have been tobacco free for over 1 year. lol

But yeah, I'm slowly weening myself down off the nicotine, so that hopefully I'm at 0 nic by the time they ban them.

Congrats on the year+...:D

My daughter was thrilled when I started vaping. That was 9 months ago, now things have changed.

When are you going to stop using that thing mom? I feel sometimes like I just can't win, with my kid at least.

Personally even though I am on low nic I know for a fact I would go right back to analogs by the end of the first day if I stopped vaping. It doesn't bother me to vape so lay off me.:D

Sounds like my wife...you dont smoke cigarettes anymore, why do you have to have that thing...you have to take so much more stuff with you, blah, blah, blah. I will never win with the wife, so I dont even try anymore.

And the red highlighted area is the point I was making. We all have made a choice to use the PV instead of lighting up a cigarette, and personally, I think we all made the right choice, BUT a lot of people who are vaping now, would go back to cigarettes IF all the juice, PVs etc went away.

Now one day I plan on being a real ex-smoker. That will happen on the day I dont smoke a cigarette, I dont hit the PV for a nicotine fix etc. Thats my goal, thats what I am shooting for.

guitarman023

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2009
Marietta, Ohio
Then I am assuming you are at 0 nicotine. In that case, yes I will consider you an ex-smoker and a true voporererer, or however its spelled.:p I would also assume that you could leave the house without your PV and go through a full day with no worries. If thats the case, congrats, you are where I plan on being one day.

I agree, I would rather vape than smoke, BUT, if I lost all my supplies, I would go right back to smoking. Thats why I consider myself a smoker.

Yup, I still consider myself a smoker/nic fitter. I'm getting there though. I'm on 6-10mg nic most of the time, and 12-14 when I've had a bad day. lol
Thanks mutt :D Easiest way to quit, I tried everything else. Anybody else get craaaaaaazy dreams when they tried chantix? lol

Melwig

ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2009
Northern CA
Lol one of the many reasons I prefer dogs! The dogs politely move away a little when you smoke and stay close when you vape. THEY know the difference.

Just remember that when people start picking your life and your choices apart and nagging at you for what you are doing, there is always something about themselves that they are not dealing with.
When they start just ask "So what is it about yourself you are running away from that you need to pick on me?" Usually stops that conversation quite abruptly and sometimes for good. lol its the grown up version of "I'm rubber you are glue"

whiskey

Moved On
Jan 13, 2010

I got ya there Suddenly...How have you been sweety? Miss the heck out of you!!!

DemonCowboy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2010
Florida, US

Sounds like my wife...you dont smoke cigarettes anymore, why do you have to have that thing...you have to take so much more stuff with you, blah, blah, blah. I will never win with the wife, so I dont even try anymore.

And the red highlighted area is the point I was making. We all have made a choice to use the PV instead of lighting up a cigarette, and personally, I think we all made the right choice, BUT a lot of people who are vaping now, would go back to cigarettes IF all the juice, PVs etc went away.

Now one day I plan on being a real ex-smoker. That will happen on the day I dont smoke a cigarette, I dont hit the PV for a nicotine fix etc. Thats my goal, thats what I am shooting for.

then you'd merely be like an alcoholic grabbing mouthwash or nyquil just like i made reference to in my previous post. it's not different. i still say u'r a nicoholic (or some sort of holic for the thing in u'r hand that i don't know) rather than a smoker. if there was a different working and viable alternative i'm sure u'd use that before a cigarette too.

if i was going to call myself a smoker, i'd still smoke and deserve to be ostracized as a smoker.

Warped3k

ECF Live Chat Manager
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2010
North Carolina, US
Mutt, while I see your point, I do have to disagree somewhat. That's like taking anyone that uses tobacco products, whether it be cigarettes or chewing tobacco, and calling them a smoker. Those that have never used cigarettes but do use chewing tobacco, I don't feel should be labeled as a *smoker*.

While vaping does somewhat resemble the act and even look of smoking, there is no actual smoke coming out, just a vapor. Just because something has nicotine in it doesn't automatically mean they are smoking or are a smoker.

I feel that I am replacing a very, very bad habit, with a much safer one to satisfy my cravings. I am a vaporer IMO.

telsie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2009
Maryland
Being a smoker means you inhale and exhale tobacco that is burning — you inhale and exhale smoke. Vaping looks similar because we're inhaling and exhaling something visible, but it's not smoke. I am no longer a smoker and neither is anyone else who only vapes.

Are we still nicotine addicts? Yes (unless you only vape 0mg), but that doesn't make us "smokers" anymore than people who use oral tobacco or NRTs. We retain the habit of hand-to-mouth / inhale-exhale, though, so people (always seems to be smokers) tend to say stuff like: "You gave up cigarettes, but you're still smoking that thing".

What I tell them is: "It's not smoke, it's a nicotine vapor. Nothing is being burned, so there's no smoke. I believe it's much safer for me than cigarettes and doesn't harm those around me. And I haven't coughed since I started using it."

After that I tend to get the questions about where I got it, how long it lasts, etc. ;)

AngeLsLuv

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2009
Lake Ariel, PA.
First off I'd tell them to go shove it up their .....

2ndly, this person is friggin' crazy because it seems as if they do not understand that 1) you are not smoking, you are vaping and 2) If they "think" that the gums, patches and sucky's are quitting, but vaping isn't, then the idiot seems not to understand that the gums, patches, and sucky's have nicotine in them so they cannot say that those are quitting either..

Obviously this person is an anti-smoker nazi and should be avoided...

Last edited:

Mr.JcP

ECF Veteran
Jul 26, 2010
Taxsachusetts
This thread makes me want a anolog.. I have not quit smoking yet. Today is my first day vaping... I am enjoying the vape and though I'm chain sucking this thing dry on 18 MG it makes my 2 pack ano habit a thing of the past. I can feel the need not to have a ano till its talked about and I have a pack here next to me, I have not reached for w/o trying ..

So are you a smoker, not by definition. Have you quit anything??? Not buying anos for the fix of the drug, as I see it. I have quit many substances over the last 10 years including class A drugs. Nicotine has a hold over me more then any of them did. I am a ex-drug addict after 7 years clean with help of stimulants 2+ pots of coffee a day cigs now vape.. I will be a Nic user probably for life.

But if this is "safe/ safer".. Ill take it and not care what others think of my choices... Thank gawd im free in the USA to decide what I want to put into myself. If the government takes this from me I will go back to smoking and I know it. I love stimulants and I cant and dont want to live w/o them!

DLite

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2010
CA
www.vapealiciousjuice.com
This thread makes me want a anolog.. I have not quit smoking yet. Today is my first day vaping... I am enjoying the vape and though I'm chain sucking this thing dry on 18 MG it makes my 2 pack ano habit a thing of the past. I can feel the need not to have a ano till its talked about and I have a pack here next to me, I have not reached for w/o trying ..

So are you a smoker, not by definition. Have you quit anything??? Not buying anos for the fix of the drug, as I see it. I have quit many substances over the last 10 years including class A drugs. Nicotine has a hold over me more then any of them did. I am a ex-drug addict after 7 years clean with help of stimulants 2+ pots of coffee a day cigs now vape.. I will be a Nic user probably for life.

But if this is "safe/ safer".. Ill take it and not care what others think of my choices... Thank gawd im free in the USA to decide what I want to put into myself. If the government takes this from me I will go back to smoking and I know it. I love stimulants and I cant and dont want to live w/o them!
I was a 2 pack a day malb red smoker untill I started vaping and the only thing that helped me get over the cig urge was a 36mg nic. Before the 36mg without a cig I would get sick almost like a addict withdrawing. But once the 36mg came into my life the cigs left and havent been back, its been over a month now

Mr.JcP

ECF Veteran
Jul 26, 2010
Taxsachusetts
I was a 2 pack a day malb red smoker untill I started vaping and the only thing that helped me get over the cig urge was a 36mg nic. Before the 36mg without a cig I would get sick almost like a addict withdrawing. But once the 36mg came into my life the cigs left and havent been back, its been over a month now
Same, 2 pack red here 10 years on 2 a day 25 year habitt.. today has been easy.. 4 anos one I stubbed !!! High MG juice on its way..

Thanks for all your help people. Sorry for the off topic but reading/talking here is helping me kick these anos .. :)

Rin

Jul 27, 2010
MS, USA
I think smoking and vaping are inherently different. Different process, different state of matter, different state change process (evaporation instead of sublimation), the list goes on. I consider myself an ex-smoker.

They're just too different in my mind to be considered the same thing. If someone doesn't like the look of the vapor, too bad, I don't like the look of crack hanging out the back of people's pants at Wal-Mart. Deal with it and move on, it's not harmful.

AngeLsLuv

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2009
Lake Ariel, PA.
My advice would be to ask them how vaping is any different for the gum or patch which i'm sure there are far more chemicals in the patch and gum
I read in all the info about the e-ciggies that the juice we all know and love actually has the same stuff as in the patch since the patch is made with Nicotine and PG or PEG (depending upon the company making them).. Well not unless you vape the 100% VG stuff...

PS.. They've got to be a Non-Smoking Nazi.. Has got to be..

*Me remembers a few weeks back posting on another thread this whole thing before.. If I don't drop dead or sleep in my car, I need to stay at a friend's house in September who is one of those.. Told him I vape so he couldn't complain and that it would not harm him and he went off going on about how I must be putting poisons in my body.. That made me start to think (and still does) that all hell will break lose.. The other thread was told that I need to just quit for the time I'm there.. No friggin' way!! I can't anyway and with vaping I chain vape now more than I smoked.. I can vape in a hospital and be legal no one is going to tell me that I can't vape when I am not going to effect them*

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread