Told I had not really quit

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngeLsLuv

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2009
Lake Ariel, PA.
So by that persons logic anyone who eats a tomato (which has nicotine) is a tobacco chewer???

Faulty logic = faulty conclusions.

In a month or two when you start coughing up the tar, you should take a picture of it to show the next person who wants to super-impose their personal judgments on you :facepalm:
Now that was a good one!! ^5

Jurassica Parks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2010
Indiana
When people say, "Oh, did you quit?!" I'm pretty sure they expect me to taper down from vaping too, so I say.."Nope, just doing something healthier" and that seems to work. I know I'm not an analog smoker anymore, if they still lump me in with smokers, fine. I'll just be the last one standing. I don't like to vape alone anyway. You can find me vaping outside with my smoking friends, leading by example...(Oh...and I love to make 'em all jealous when I stealth vape in a bar or restaurant. Can't do that with smokes.)

People are usually impressed when I can tell them the three ingredients in my juice.

MXBNW

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2010
NW Washingtion
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
I was asked once while explaining what I am doing and was asked when I am going to quit these to.

All I said is are you going to stop drinking beer with alcohol in it? I am over 18 Nic is legal and I am not harming myself or anyone else. She smiled and said your right and was happy I was not smoking any more.

sl_rat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2009
Western, NY
I got really upset yesterday when someone told me that I had not quit smoking because I vape. Their reasoning was that I still used nicotine. This person does not have a problem with the patch, the lozengers, or the gum; yet my vaping is not quitting. I explain that cigs have hundreds of other ingredients and that I can gradually lower the nicotine.

Why is it okay to put on a patch of nicotine or chew it, but not vape it.:glare: I haven't had a cigarette in two weeks which means I haven't smoked in two weeks. So there.

tell them that using their argument, no one can ever say that they are on a diet because they still eat food... that is absurd. yes- you are still using nicotine, but you are not smoking!!! chin up. people used to think that the world was flat too...:blink:

flbutterfly1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2010
Interlachen, Florida
Ok so the other day a friend actually said to me "that's not quitting" I could not beleive it I have never had anyone say that. I have read other posts about this same comment and I didn't know what to say so this was my answer " I went from a PAD with all those chemicals and more nic in them to less nic than a 1/2 PAD and am still cutting down just like if you used the patch" then the famous "when are you going to quit that?". "When the time seems right maybe never I don't know but I am no longer smoking and that is what counts to me". This was from someone who is an ex smoker who quit the hard way so I understand the resentment but, on the other hand as an ex smoker I wouldn't want someone to have to do it the hard way I did the cold turkey thing and I was able to quit for a few years but if I would have taken up vaping in the first place I would have been able to "vape" when I wanted to "smoke" and never started up on the cigs again. Some other friends of hers are smokers and wanted to know all about the ecig and they tried mine, including her on another occasion. I don't know it just baffles me the things people think if someone was using a patch, lozenge, or whatever would you say "that's not quitting"?

Nicronon

Unregistered Supplier
Aug 24, 2010
Baytown, TX US
I got really upset yesterday when someone told me that I had not quit smoking because I vape. Their reasoning was that I still used nicotine. This person does not have a problem with the patch, the lozengers, or the gum; yet my vaping is not quitting. I explain that cigs have hundreds of other ingredients and that I can gradually lower the nicotine.

Why is it okay to put on a patch of nicotine or chew it, but not vape it.:glare: I haven't had a cigarette in two weeks which means I haven't smoked in two weeks. So there.

I have to agree with Xenite - who's cares what others think? At the end of the day, they have to live with themselves and you have to live with yourself. Your job is to make sure you are comfortable living with yourself. If you spend your time trying to be comfortable with how others feel about you, you will never be happy. Have you quit smoking, yes or no? If yes, and the punk you're referring to says you haven't, does that mean you haven't in fact quit?

The person you spoke to sounds like a hypocrite and is definitely not worth getting upset over. When you go to bed at night and reflect on your life, the only opinion that really matters... is yours. If you are happy with your current path and feel good about who and what you are, the rest of the world can go to hell.

kaderick

ECF Veteran
Love the thread some people just have to complain about something.

I am smoke free for 2 weeks and love vaping! I have been married to a non smoker for 5 years and we hardly ever kiss, sence stopping smoking and starting vaping she is happy to lay one on me and loves the tast of the flavors on my breath!!!!!!!!

So some like the idea and some don't I personnally am a fan.

tarazarr

ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2010
Texas

here is the question you have to ask yourself... and it really doesn't matter what other people think, and your answer to this question is only for you to know....

If all your vaping gear and juices were to disappear today and you could not replace them.... How long would it be until you pulled into the gas station and bought a pack of smokes? No answer necessary.... it's for you to ask yourself....but be honest with yourself, your answer will tell you if you have really quit smoking or if your still at a "replacing" stage...

You read here on the boards all the time where someone will say... "I ran out of juice and had to resort to analogs today....." or whatever. Question is... Are they really a non smoker?

Like I said, it doesn't matter what others think.... what matters is your answer to yourself....

I'm smoke free... but I wouldn't be so bold to declare myself a non smoker just yet.... maybe not ever...nicotine is evil that way...

Last edited:

AngeLsLuv

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2009
Lake Ariel, PA.
But all you do is look online at articles, it is stated through many studies done, that although addicting, nicotine in of itself is a safe as cafeine, it's all the other stuff in it.. So on top of nicotine in potatos and brocoli (2 examples), anyone who uses cafeine is just as bad as nicotine users in the eyes of idiots.. If they don't equate the two, they are more than beyond idiots.

IndieVisible

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
USA
www.vaporjunkies.com

Here goes a honest unbiased opinion from some one who LOVES vaping.

Technically they are correct!

The reason we never quit smoking before is because we love the addiction! The throat hit, the cloud the act of smoking. We get all that AND the nicotine from vaping, that's why we love it! Did we quit smoking? Well yes, we are not buring tobacco and blowing out smoke, now we are vaporizing nicotine and blowing out a mist.

We are still addicted to the nicotine!

Granted, vaping is less risky and minus 99% of all the negatives of analog smoking, but we are still going thru the same motions :)

The biggest difference besides the health issues is we don't smell like smokers! :)

It's all the joys of smoking with out the same risks, so how can we honestly with a str8 face say its much different? We are still addicts, and that's what they see.

But i don't care. I love vaping.

HeatherC

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2010
New York

Gee also ask him if he has a problem with the nicotine inhalers they use for quitting smoking too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread