Took my son to the Zoo today with my PV and...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
Hm, so you're saying it's unfortunate that you can't beat up someone because you disagree with them? :confused:

Hopefully the OP will step back in here and clarify what happened.

Unfortunately in the Nannay state we currently live in you are supposed to call the police for any and all confrontation. Will they do anything no. Its silly to think so.

If you get in my face yelling and screaming and or grab me you will earn your self a black eye or fat lip.

There are consequences for your actions. There are still places where a man is expected to have a certain degree of civility in public If more people were to sock these jerks in the eye like use to be more common people would act right.

I know alot wont agree with my point of view and thats fine. I personally dont want the police to be expected to handle every little stupid situation. They are supposed to tough men because they handle the worst elements of our society. Then they are supposed to turn around and be counselors?

I have spent a night or two in the pokey before and might do it again because yes sometimes a black eye or fat lip is deserved and Im not afraid to give one.

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Meet Me in St Louie Louie
Nah...back just 40-50 years ago (think 40's and 50's)...back when things were actually more civil and less "nanny stateish" if you acted a knucklehead...someone put you in your place...now...they just "there should be a law against that" and POW...its "bloomberged"

I was around in the 40's and 50's and don't recall assault being OK and legal ..

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
I was around in the 40's and 50's and don't recall assault being OK and legal ..

Its never been legal but there was a time not to long ago if you asked for it, most times nothing was done when it happened. Obviously dotting someones eye in the middle of the Zoo in front of women and children is not acceptable. If you approach me with respect I will return the same I dont have to like what your saying if your confronting me but civility deserves civility. Hostility deserves the same.

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Must not be from the south then

No area of the USA allowed legal assault .. I don't know where you're getting your info from or if you are simply trying to create some sort of controversy here ..

This is an Electronic Cig Forum .. I don't think most members here would advocate violence in support of our lifestyle and violence is certainly not going to further our cause ..

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Its never been legal but there was a time not to long ago if you asked for it, most times nothing was done when it happened. Obviously dotting someones eye in the middle of the Zoo in front of women and children is not acceptable. If you approach me with respect I will return the same I dont have to like what your saying if your confronting me but civility deserves civility. Hostility deserves the same.

I'll bite .. so exactly where is it acceptable to "dot someones eye.. ??" ..

WarHawk-AVG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
H-Town
Please watch the video I provided...there are many ways to "verbally" correct someone without "dotting thier eye"

My "highfive someone in the face with a chair" was (supposed) to be a "funny" meant to say that when someone is acting the fool...sometimes it takes someone to with courage to step up and tell em they are wrong...upto and including thumping someone...which will land you in jail for assault..but sometimes...to get your point across to someone that won't listen [or is being a turd]...is worth it

But that's just me...would I ever "thump" someone for acting a jerk...probably not...but I am sure just like in bootcamp the first time I got face to face with a drill instructor and my hiney hole puckered so tight you couldn't drive a 16 penny nail thru it with a 10lb sledge , well...they will get to see what a "...... off Marine" looks like...up close and personal

I shall now follow up this comment with a smiley so someone won't be "offended" by me stating my opinion...and just like hiney holes and opinions...everyone has one...and they all stink :D

Please don't think what I am saying is "advocating" violence...what I am advocating is people need to realize their right to tell me I shouldn't be smoking (in a very disrespectful and rude way) is just as viable as me telling them to go whizz up a rope, and if that has to manifest as fist to mouth due to them poking me in the chest...well...2 wrongs don't make a right...but sometimes...on extremely rare occasions...it makes one feel better

Last edited:

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
Please watch the video I provided...there are many ways to "verbally" correct someone without "dotting thier eye"

My "highfive someone in the face with a chair" was (supposed) to be a "funny" meant to say that when someone is acting the fool...sometimes it takes someone to with courage to step up and tell em they are wrong...upto and including thumping someone...which will land you in jail for assault..but sometimes...to get your point across to someone that won't listen [or is being a turd]...is worth it

But that's just me...would I ever "thump" someone for acting a jerk...probably not...but I am sure just like in bootcamp the first time I got face to face with a drill instructor and my hiney hole puckered so tight you couldn't drive a 16 penny nail thru it with a 10lb sledge , well...they will get to see what a "...... off Marine" looks like...up close and personal

I shall now follow up this comment with a smiley so someone won't be "offended" by me stating my opinion...and just like hiney holes and opinions...everyone has one...and they all stink :D

Please don't think what I am saying is "advocating" violence...what I am advocating is people need to realize their right to tell me I shouldn't be smoking is just as viable as me telling them to go whizz up a rope, and if that has to manifest as fist to mouth due to them poking me in the chest...well...2 wrongs don't make a right...but sometimes...on extremely rare occasions...it makes one feel better

Its a slippery slope and I can agree its not the best thing but yes sometimes it just needs to happen.

BigBen2k

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2013
MA, USA
From the article (thanks Warhawk!)
When it is finally revealed that the scenario was all acting, the man leaves us with some real words of wisdom:

I think silence is one of the failures of people today – that when they see an injustice or an intolerance, they stay silent. And that’s the worst thing.
That goes both ways, no?

Someone here must have some really interesting family gatherings :pop:

WarHawk-AVG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
H-Town
As a Vet myself .. a soldier looks for a peaceful solution ..

Militant E-Cig Users are the absolute last thing we need in our quest to be and become socially acceptable ..

Knowledge and education for non-users is the key .. not a fist ..
Roger that...and sometimes...returning a rude and disrespectful reply IS the solution (upto and including laying someone out, standing over them with a finger and telling them they are WRONG)

99.999999999% of the time...education is the key

WarHawk-AVG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
H-Town
From the article (thanks Warhawk!)

That goes both ways, no?

Someone here must have some really interesting family gatherings :pop:
Oh you have no idea (if that comment was directed at me)

Yes on several occasions...members of my family HAVE gotten into fistfights over comments and actions (alcohol is usually a large contributing factor...go figure :p )...my brother in law jokingly popped me on the head...I almost broke his elbow, he apologized to me later and it's all good
Sister in laws throwing down on the front lawn...

yeah...it's like the "Clampits" I suppose...but at the end of the day and maybe a week or two of not talking to each other...we are still a family and we will stand in front of a speeding train for one another

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
As a Vet myself .. a soldier looks for a peaceful solution ..

Militant E-Cig Users are the absolute last thing we need in our quest to be and become socially acceptable ..

Knowledge and education for non-users is the key .. not a fist ..

I agree with your point in most cases. But some times defiance is also an answer. I was working on a construction project in Tuscon AZ they instituted a no smoking and vaping policy. We were building a sewer plant.

I tried discussion and education and was told it could be illegal substances Im vaping so it will not be tolerated. I refused to follow the rule I was confronted I politely said each time I chose not to recognize your silly rule and if you want me to continue this project please leave me a loan. After a few time they did I personally think the people who were supposed to enforce the rule also thought it was silly.

Sometimes you have to stand up for your self and not let others make decisions for you.

If I punch some jerk in the eye ,yes I am also in the wrong, and If I get in trouble I am certainly not a victim. I will accept my consequences with out complaint. That has nothing to do with vaping and everything to do with how someone treats me. Thats just me and my views I dont expect everyone to agree.

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
If an individual is in a scenario where they must physically defend themselves or suffer physical harm, defense is certainly justified ..

A yelling match does not fit that scenario .. being spotted using a PV in a non-smoking area and being reminded it is, in fact, a non-smoking zone is a fairly common occurance these days .. and will get more common as more folks make the switch to an e-cig ..

We as the early wave of users must deal with that in the most constructive way possible in order to further our cause ..

Many on ECF like to toss out sayings .. here's one for you .. "One bad apple spoils the whole bunch" ..

Todays headline .. "E-Cigarette User Punches Out Man As Fight Ensues Over Non_Smoking Sign" ..

Myself, I abide by the same rules as the analog smoker .. I abided by them before, I abide by them now .. because, if your blowing what looks like smoke, people think you're smoking ..

It's as simple as that ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread