Tootle Puffers, Part Three! (The Sequel of the Redux)

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
I'm no noob, and I still prefer 48mg.
It did take me a long time to move up to 100 mg/ml. At first, it was 36, then 48. I stopped there until I started stocking up. At that point, the price difference started to really matter. So, did the space taken up in the freezer.

I would be terrified to use anything over 100 mg/ml.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
I'm no noob, and I still prefer 48mg.

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk
I started at 100, but I had advice from a juice company so I wasn’t concerned. And no kids in the house. If I had to worry about that I wouldn’t mix at all, unless maybe pre made base. 100mg isn’t that scary though. I wear gloves and clean up good.

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
Newport News, Virginia, United States
From what I read there it sounds like they are selling 1000mg/ml nicotine or at least they are calling it "Pure Nicotine". Isn't that something that you have to have a license to buy? I don't think I'd be interested something that would require a hazmat suit to use safely.

The prices are good, though.
They sell nic at all of the common concentrations, 3mg -100mg, etc.

Yes, pure nic requires proper PPE and knowledge to handle. But "NO", currently you do not need a license to buy it.

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
Newport News, Virginia, United States
I've never heard of that company before, so I went to their website to check them and their nic base out. Wanted to see where they were located, read alittle bit about them, etc. Links to "About Us" and "News" are 404 dead ends...just loads items on their website. Nothing at the bottom of the page tells anything about them either, like many websites have there. :blink:
For a better "About Us" blurb, see:
About Us

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
From what I read there it sounds like they are selling 1000mg/ml nicotine or at least they are calling it "Pure Nicotine". Isn't that something that you have to have a license to buy? I don't think I'd be interested something that would require a hazmat suit to use safely.

The prices are good, though.
Just because they have that option doesn't mean you have to buy that high of a mg. They do list options of lower mg's. I did post a link of the 100mg. If you looked at their website you probably realized they are a wholesaler and I am guessing most of their business is other vendors/business.

I have only mentioned this site a couple of times and have never recommended it to newly starting out DIYers. We are, after all, all adults and I do believe we can read. I really don't appreciate being 'called' out as irresponsible to having posted a link. I am not the DIY NIC police. Make up your own minds and preference.

And yes, I am having a bad day....outta here

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
I didn't know they could be re-wicked, Gerry. That's potentially valuable info - thank you!

Can they be rebuilt too?

DPL...I was only illuminating how Easy/Quick the Zenith MTL Vape Tanks are to re-fill...

I have NO knowledge...(or interest)...in their coils' re-wicking or rebuilding...

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Just because they have that option doesn't mean you have to buy that high of a mg. They do list options of lower mg's. I did post a link of the 100mg. If you looked at their website you probably realized they are a wholesaler and I am guessing most of their business is other vendors/business.

I have only mentioned this site a couple of times and have never recommended it to newly starting out DIYers. We are, after all, all adults and I do believe we can read. I really don't appreciate being 'called' out as irresponsible to having posted a link. I am not the DIY NIC police. Make up your own minds and preference.

And yes, I am having a bad day....outta here

Sorry, Sugar and Spice, if I sounded like I was singling you out. I didn't intend to sound like I was demeaning you. I was just probing for info about 1000mg nic and whether buyers needed to be certified to buy it. I guess it's all the hoopla about the dangers of using pure nic without hazmat attire that I've read that made me wonder if the average vaper could buy a liter of pure nic without prior warning of the risk. The warnings we read about pure nic talk about how a drop on the skin or a sniff from an open bottle can put you down. Pretty scary stuff for us shade tree DIYers.

Again, I hope you and I are good. My apologies if I said anything that singled you out. If so, it wasn't intentional. I just didn't drill down into the web site far enough to discover that they sold all levels of nic.

Last edited:

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Sorry, Sugar and Spice, if I sounded like I was singling you out. I didn't intend to sound like I was demeaning you. I was just probing for info about 1000mg nic and whether buyers needed to be certified to buy it. I guess it's all the hoopla about the dangers of using pure nic without hazmat attire that I've read that made me wonder if the average vaper could buy a liter of pure nic without prior warning of the risk. The warnings we read about pure nic talk about how a drop on the skin or a sniff from an open bottle can put you down. Pretty scary stuff for us shade tree DIYers.

Again, I hope you and I are good. My apologies if I said anything that singled you out. If so, it wasn't intentional. I just didn't drill down into the web site far enough to discover that they sold all levels of nic.

We are good. I also am just having one of those days and I probably was just a little more sensitive than normal. Thanks, tho for the apology.

:)

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
I’m thinking if I could add something to give a little more th she could go a little lower and not really miss the nic, but I don’t know what to add.

As already offered up, I'd remix to a higher PG ratio. Hope it works out for you (and for her), Delores! :)

I've loved my eGo ONE Mega V2 Tanks for 1-2 years...(and initially bought so many CLR coils that I have, yet, needed to rebuild one)...

But...but...being an energy conservationist (ie. lazy)...I'm slowly replacing them with Zenith MTL Vape Tanks...

The Zeniths have the same GREAT taste and vapor production as the eGo ONEs...but refilling:

Twist top band => FILL => re-twist top band => VAPE...

VS.

Remove from Mod => unscrew bottom =>check tightness of coil => FILL => screw back on bottom => readjust AFC => reattach to Mod => push FB to make sure you didn't disturb the coil's ohms => VAPE...:shock:

Innokin Zenith MTL Vape Tank

Gerry, what's goin' on with you lately, dear one? EVERY time a CLR is mentioned, you keep bouncing back up with the bennies of the Zenith. They're both great tanks and coils, I would think, and they both have pros and cons, methinks. I don't know why you seem set to have this competition going on. There's plenty of vapers for each. And both!

wacky-inflatable-waving-man-o.gif

DPL...I was only illuminating how Easy/Quick the Zenith MTL Vape Tanks are to re-fill...

I have NO knowledge...(or interest)...in their coils' re-wicking or rebuilding...

I wasn't sure on that either, so thanks for that info on the Zenith NOT being rebuildable/rewickable.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld

Got it, Gerry - thanks. That (rewick/rebuild) part is invaluable to me, and I don't fill tanks often enough that top or bottom makes a difference.

We all have our own ticking points, and I don't believe there's a "Right" way (thing/device/atty/) to vape. As Kat indicated, there sure is enough to go around (today, at least).

Enjoy! :vapor:

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
Gerry, what's goin' on with you lately, dear one? EVERY time a CLR is mentioned, you keep bouncing back up with the bennies of the Zenith. They're both great tanks and coils, I would think, and they both have pros and cons, methinks. I don't know why you seem set to have this competition going on. There's plenty of vapers for each. And both!

Sorry Kat and DPL...I didn't really realize that I had become so overzealous about the Zenith...

I guess it was because I was so SATISFIED with the CLR's...that I was then so SHOCKED when I tried my first Zenith...

It NEVER leaks...(the ONLY way I was able to handle the eGo ONE Mega V2 Tanks' leaking was to replace them with TRON-S's)...and as I often noted...(evidently, ad nauseam)...it's ridiculously EASY to refill...

Guess I'll kick up to at least 200...(from my usual 100)...times a day that I mentally remind myself that..."There ARE people in the world DIFFERENT from me."...:thumbs:

Last edited:

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
Why have I been gone? Well for "ME" it is the principle of it. EVERYONE HATES POPUP's, no matter what they are about. There have been quite a few threads about it, but the Admin just does nothing, guess they are making a chunk of change for doing it, so they ignore the membership, that is their choice, I am making MY choice. This site USED to be just about information & people helping others (and of course chit chat :)), not sure where it is going at this point. I will pop in from time to time, but unless something was to change, I won't be coming around like I was in the past. I created an email for my friends here, in case I go AWOL for a long while. :)

tootlepuffer
at
masterbrewer.net

ilporcupine

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2018
IL, Duh
Back a few weeks or so, there was a few KHPRO posts. Somebody pointed to Sublime Vapor for Kayfun clones. I ordered a KHPRO Kayfun V4 clone. At $5.00. It came in a KHPRO box, but says "svoe mesto" on the SS tank. Is this a counterfeit, rather than a clone? Did anyone else get same?

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
I understand, Burnie. You are one of the good guys and I don't like seeing you leave but I do get it. The place is changing but the direction is not a good one.

Why have I been gone? Well for "ME" it is the principle of it. EVERYONE HATES POPUP's, no matter what they are about. There have been quite a few threads about it, but the Admin just does nothing, guess they are making a chunk of change for doing it, so they ignore the membership, that is their choice, I am making MY choice. This site USED to be just about information & people helping others (and of course chit chat :)), not sure where it is going at this point. I will pop in from time to time, but unless something was to change, I won't be coming around like I was in the past. I created an email for my friends here, in case I go AWOL for a long while. :)

tootlepuffer
at
masterbrewer.net

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
@Burnie - I downloaded the uBlock Origin add-on that @oplholik recommended, and it stops all of the ads and all but 1 pop-up that only very rarely still comes up for me. (I think if I knew more about changing the filters for uBlock, I could probably get even that 1 to stop.)

Would using that add-on do enough to keep you here? I hope it would.

petrotech

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2015
indiana
dumb question...

I see everyone talking about pop ups and ads...is everyone using a computer?

I've been using my phone (android with chrome, not using tapatalk) since I joined, and I honestly have never seen a pop up, and only a handful of ads. I'm not running any ad blockers or add ons either...

am I missing something? lol

Users who are viewing this thread