Tootle Puffers, Part Three! (The Sequel of the Redux)

Nate5700

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2014
Jenks, OK, USA
I did a good deed yesterday! We had a handy man do some work for us and he was new to us. I saw him smoke so I asked him if he ever tried vaping. He said he tried Blu but it didn't do much for him…big surprise there.

So I let him try some of my stuff and sent him home with one of my older mods and tank and juice. He couldn't believe how much better it vaped than Blu. So we looked through some of the AIOs on line because I think that kind of setup is easier to start with. I'm also mixing hima bottle of juice with 26mg nic because he smokes a couple packs a day!

I hope it works out for him because, in addition to the smokes, he's a little overweight, is a fast food junkie and has coronary artery disease. In fact he has six stents!

Well done. Sounds like it will be a step in the right direction for him. I hope it works out.

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
My son's upcoming wedding got me thinking about what kind of vape would be useful that was very small. My old 510's are dead plus I wanted something a bit closer to my current style than cartos. After a trip to Heavens Gifts and Health cabin, I've got my new little setups on their way - Kanger E-smart batteries and Innokin Iclear 10 1ml clearos. Just 11mm diameter so they ought to slip into a tux pocket very discreetly!

It looks like really small 510 batteries are disappearing quickly as the pods take over the small device market. I prefer interchangeable parts myself.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
It looks like really small 510 batteries are disappearing quickly as the pods take over the small device market. I prefer interchangeable parts myself.

I agree with you!
That's why I'm sitting on about 15 new 510 320mAh batteries (9mm) and boxes of the Vision Nano clearomizers. The new batteries still work and hold a charge, too. They're great for quick stealth vaping and easily fit in pockets. I like the tiny 400mAh eGo batteries, too, for the same reasons.

ETA: I saw the Kanger E-Smart kits on HC for $4 or $6 + change IIRC. Are those what you got...or did you get the batteries only there and then the iClear 10 on HG?

Last edited:

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
I agree with you!
That's why I'm sitting on about 15 new 510 320mAh batteries (9mm) and boxes of the Vision Nano clearomizers. The new batteries still work and hold a charge, too. They're great for quick stealth vaping and easily fit in pockets. I like the tiny 400mAh eGo batteries, too, for the same reasons.

ETA: I saw the Kanger E-Smart kits on HC for $4 or $6 + change IIRC. Are those what you got...or did you get the batteries only there and then the iClear 10 on HG?

Those Nanos looked interesting but I could never find them at at a low price. I thought they'd fit nicely in my old Madvapes Gripper 18350 device instead of a carto.

The E-Smart blister packs plus a couple white batteries from HC, US warehouse, and the Iclears plus a couple blue batteries from HG. The us20off code at HC made them under $7 for the kits, while the HG Iclears were about $1.75 a pack shipped. I ordered a good quantity as they are disappearing. Tiny top coils, a misunderstood and dying breed.:(

Although I prefer the stainless and black kits I ordered, the blue and white are for my wife if these little guys suit her too. She's been craving a smoke lately and I know the smaller form factor with a good tobacco vape will help. If she likes them I can cut down an eGo cone so the Iclears will fit neatly on her 350 & 450 mah eGos she carries at work.

Excitedly waitin' for vapemail like it's 2013!

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
... And, what about tootle puffing.
Many and many online vape shops don"t carry 18 mg anymore.
It isn't fair...

My Freedom Smokes and The Vapor Room both have most any nic level options and PG/VG options one could ever dream of.

Find your SWEET SPOT.

Last edited:

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
I have been nicotine free for 25 months and my vaping went way down.

never vaped much over 4-5 ml a day. but now a fill up 2.5 ml does me a week or longer in the last 3 weeks.

This was one of the last posts he made in January. I recall getting online was difficult for him after moving. I wonder if dropping nic and consumption to such low levels led to stopping vaping? I'm optimistic it's that or some other harmless event.

lil_buddy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2017
So I'm getting ready to make a bottle of juice for the handyman of which I posted ast Friday. He smokes a couple PAD and I was thinking he will need 26mg. Or should I go lower like 20mg or 18mg?

Opinions?
I would say a bottle of 26 AND a bottle of 12 (or 18). Then he could switch if one isn't working or even mix to, um, compromise.

Or, maybe the 26 with some unflavored on the side so he can water it down if he likes?

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
So I'm getting ready to make a bottle of juice for the handyman of which I posted ast Friday. He smokes a couple PAD and I was thinking he will need 26mg. Or should I go lower like 20mg or 18mg?

Opinions?
If he's a 2 PAD smoker, he's taking in roughly 40mg of nic daily.

The nic in eliquid is metabolized at about 80% efficiency. He'd need to vape around 48mg total per day.

If he vapes 2ml of 24mg liquid daily in a pod or something like an Evod or Nautilus with a 1.8Ω coil, I'd think he'd be on the right track.

If he decides he wants something a bit looser, you could go to 4ml of 12mg liquid in a restricted lung hit/loose MTL subohm tank with something like a .75 Ω coil. For instance, the MiOne holds 3.5ml and uses a 0.6 Ω coil.

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

Nate5700

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2014
Jenks, OK, USA
If he's a 2 PAD smoker, he's taking in roughly 40mg of nic daily.

The nic in eliquid is metabolized at about 80% efficiency. He'd need to vape around 48mg total per day.

If he vapes 2ml of 24mg liquid daily in a pod or something like an Evod or Nautilus with a 1.8Ω coil, I'd think he'd be on the right track.

If he decides he wants something a bit looser, you could go to 4ml of 12mg liquid in a restricted lung hit/loose MTL subohm tank with something like a .75 Ω coil. For instance, the MiOne holds 3.5ml and uses a 0.6 Ω coil.

Something isn't sitting right with me about your numbers. 80% efficiency? I've been vaping 36 mg, about 4 mL a day. By your numbers, that's about 115 mg of nicotine I'm absorbing. Or 6 packs a day. I don't think I could smoke 6 packs in a day if I tried, just on a basis of time I think I'd have to have 2 cigarettes at a time going almost constantly, and I don't think I could do that without throwing up.

I think it varies by the person, the way they smoke, the way they vape. So I think it's hard to answer Bea's question. 2 packs a day, I'd say start at 26 mg and adjust from there. I've always spaced my smoking out with oral tobacco (either dip or snus), but if I'm at home and have no other nicotine supply I can smoke about two packs in a day. And I'm vaping 36 mg.

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
Something isn't sitting right with me about your numbers. 80% efficiency? I've been vaping 36 mg, about 4 mL a day. By your numbers, that's about 115 mg of nicotine I'm absorbing. Or 6 packs a day. I don't think I could smoke 6 packs in a day if I tried, just on a basis of time I think I'd have to have 2 cigarettes at a time going almost constantly, and I don't think I could do that without throwing up.

I think it varies by the person, the way they smoke, the way they vape. So I think it's hard to answer Bea's question. 2 packs a day, I'd say start at 26 mg and adjust from there. I've always spaced my smoking out with oral tobacco (either dip or snus), but if I'm at home and have no other nicotine supply I can smoke about two packs in a day. And I'm vaping 36 mg.
Just sciencing it out based on research.

I used to smoke a PAD, and quit on 24mg. Actually made myself nic sick on 4ml per day. I'm now down to between 0 and 3mg, but I go through about 12ml per day... My nic intake has gone up...

Nate5700

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2014
Jenks, OK, USA
Just sciencing it out based on research.

I used to smoke a PAD, and quit on 24mg. Actually made myself nic sick on 4ml per day. I'm now down to between 0 and 3mg, but I go through about 12ml per day... My nic intake has gone up...

I'll admit I haven't seen much research on this topic. I do think if it's good research it will admit that mileage will vary based on genetics, smoking and vaping technique, etc.

1 mg per cigarette is a number that I've seen a lot but I'd guess is on the low end. 80% efficiency for vaping seems high. If we said 1.5 mg per cigarette and 50% efficiency for vaping, 2 packs a day would be 60 mg/day and I'd be vaping 72 mg/day, which seems more reasonable to me. But I just pulled those numbers out of thin air.

Reactions: stols001

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
The 26 might be a bit harsh to a new vaper learning to vape. Give them some nic free so they can learn how to vape to help avoid coughing up a lung. If they aren't subohm right away then its usually 18+nic to kick the smokes then go from there to what nic level after that. Its great they have access to a juice maker that can alter nic levels on a whim to make their experience enjoyable.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Thanks everyone. I think I'll start him on the 26 and tell him if he needs less I can dilute it.

Or spike it if it's not enough. :)

I was about a pack and a half of hand made shag cut pipe tobacco, i.e. about 30 of those a day. Started vapping at 18, didn't work. Went to 24 and became an ex-smoker almost overnight. And that was with Egos and CE4/5s. Today's hardware is much better :)

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
IMG_7256.JPG

I need advice on chargers. I've been using this one. They last me about a tear each. Is that normal or am I wearing them fast because I charge bats (18350s) about every other day?

Edit: what do you all use?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread