Tootle Puffers, Part Three! (The Sequel of the Redux)

lil_buddy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2017
@Bea-FL Just want to let you know there are people out here who profoundly appreciate the work of wildlife rehabilitators. I much rather live in a world where there exists places I can bring injured animals rather than just see them suffer in the street or in my yard - where I don't have to struggle with the decision to put them out of their misery myself.

I can simultaneously be a carnivore and believe that animals should be treated with respect, dignity, compassion and gratitude for all they give us and the planet we live on.

Nate5700

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2014
Jenks, OK, USA
On a vaguely related subject (animals, anyway): I got my dogs home from the kennel yesterday where they stay when I travel, as I was in Oklahoma City earlier in the week. I paid the extra $10 to have them get a bath while they were there. So I bring them home, let them in the backyard, and my pit bull immediately jumps into and starts rolling around in a mud puddle.

*vapevapevapevapevapevapevape*

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
Sometimes it's really hard for true meanings to come across clearly online. We don't see each other's facial expressions or voice inflections. And because these "discussions" can take place over many pages or days, if we are misunderstood, we don't always have an immediate chance to clarify our statements.Inadvertently, we may come across differently than we intend thus causing reactions that surprise us.

I think that is what happened with my post about food-animals, because from some of the subsequent posts, I think some folks felt I was disapproving of people eating meat.

To clarify again…in no way was I bashing anyone who eats food-animals…most of my best friends do. In no way was I being judgmental of other people's choices…we all have the right to ours and I respect that.

And then again, maybe I too misunderstood the comments that followed my posts. Either way, I'm sorry if I offended anyone. That was never my intent. Had I known my post would elicit such reactions I wouldn't have made it.

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
Had I known my post would elicit such reactions I wouldn't have made it.

I for one am very glad "You" did . . . And being able to read everyone else comments too . . . Made for good conversation . . . AND - Some of them actually made me laugh . . . Just Sayin' . . . ;)

BTW: My father was a butcher and actually worked in the Meat Market in NYC for awhile . . . Matter of fact. when he worked as the head butcher in a few different grocery stores in the 60's/70's - I would help him out in both the "Walk-in"/"Freezer" ( cutting down chickens, making ground meat, cleaning up the sawdust off the floor/butcher block, etc.) and in the "Deli" dept (slicing cold cuts) - when I was younger too . . . AND - Even though I saw a lot of stuff that I should have never ever seen, especially at that young age, however I'm still a carnivore . . . :facepalm:

Nate5700

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2014
Jenks, OK, USA
Had I known my post would elicit such reactions I wouldn't have made it.

It's all good. We got some good discussion out of it. And I don't judge someone for their choice not to eat meat, I'm glad that people are conscientious enough to make that sacrifice (at least it would be a sacrifice for me). I just wish I could think of a way to approach the problem of animal cruelty since as I said before I think the state of the system is such that non-participation by individuals doesn't actually alleviate any cruelty these animals face. Seriously, I'm baffled.

Maybe if we had the political will in this country something could be done legislatively. But this doesn't really seem to be high on the priority list of those who hold power right now.

Rangertrix

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2013
Collinsville, OK
I too was merely making a joke to lighten the mood as I saw where this was going.
The fact that some people made the HUGE leap between being a meat eater and condoning the mistreatment of animals only serves to prove my point.
It was a charged discussion, in the wrong venue IMHO, and I only served to interject a little levity.
I am an omnivore and always will be, but I in no way condone the mistreatment of animals.
Some of my family are ranchers, Oklahoma go figure, and I assure you all of our pets and livestock get treated better than most of our family members. However we do not allow any of them to vape.
I respect everyone's right to their own opinion, and hope that everyone else will do the same.
Now I have to go stage an intervention for some persons who have an unhealthy obsession with the Royal Wedding.
Cheers. :D

Nate5700

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2014
Jenks, OK, USA
Some of my family are ranchers, Oklahoma go figure, and I assure you all of our pets and livestock get treated better than most of our family members. However we do not allow any of them to vape.

I knew more than one person in college (Go Pokes) who came from a ranching background. Not hard to find those folks around here.

I'm glad you don't allow your animals to vape. I have to be careful about leaving mods or tanks lying around as I fear my dogs will chew them up pretty good...

Rangertrix

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2013
Collinsville, OK
I knew more than one person in college (Go Pokes) who came from a ranching background. Not hard to find those folks around here.

I'm glad you don't allow your animals to vape. I have to be careful about leaving mods or tanks lying around as I fear my dogs will chew them up pretty good...

I currently live in Collinsville, but was born and raised in Stillwater. (ORANGE POWER!) My whole family went to OSU. My father was the VP of Business there, my uncle was the Bursar, and my mother was a Professor. We bleed orange, lol.
My family has cattle in Stillwater, Owasso/Collinsville, Bartlesville, and Coffeyville, KS.
You are just just about 18 miles away from me in Jenks. We may not know each other, but we definitely chew the same dirt on a daily basis, lol. :D

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
Now I have to go stage an intervention for some persons who have an unhealthy obsession with the Royal Wedding.
Cheers. :D

I don't believe this. Even the Royal Family. Is nothing sacred?

Anyway, did you notice how when she had her hair up during the ceremony small wisps of hair were hanging loose. Such a magnificent statement showing in that simple gesture how she is independent yet respectful at the same time. And then when she switched cars before the Arrival at Windsor, wasn't the symbolism was just glorious? Don't even get me started on The Dress. England and the world have changed forever.

Actually I didn't watch it. But my wife did and a couple of times I accidentally heard snippets when I went to the kitchen for coffee and forgot to cover my ears.

Rangertrix

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2013
Collinsville, OK
I don't believe this. Even the Royal Family. Is nothing sacred?

Anyway, did you notice how when she had her hair up during the ceremony small wisps of hair were hanging loose. Such a magnificent statement showing in that simple gesture how she is independent yet respectful at the same time. And then when she switched cars before the Arrival at Windsor, wasn't the symbolism was just glorious? Don't even get me started on The Dress. England and the world have changed forever.

Actually I didn't watch it. But my wife did and a couple of times I accidentally heard snippets when I went to the kitchen for coffee and forgot to cover my ears.

Uh huh, that's what I'd tell everyone if I was in your shoes too.....:pervy:

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Sometimes it's really hard for true meanings to come across clearly online. We don't see each other's facial expressions or voice inflections. And because these "discussions" can take place over many pages or days, if we are misunderstood, we don't always have an immediate chance to clarify our statements.Inadvertently, we may come across differently than we intend thus causing reactions that surprise us.

I think that is what happened with my post about food-animals, because from some of the subsequent posts, I think some folks felt I was disapproving of people eating meat.

To clarify again…in no way was I bashing anyone who eats food-animals…most of my best friends do. In no way was I being judgmental of other people's choices…we all have the right to ours and I respect that.

And then again, maybe I too misunderstood the comments that followed my posts. Either way, I'm sorry if I offended anyone. That was never my intent. Had I known my post would elicit such reactions I wouldn't have made it.

Bea - I love you...and not just for your artichoke hearts :lol:

Maytwin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2011
SW France
I think I'll show my ignorance here and ask, in the overall scheme of things, what purpose does the royal family serve, and at what financial cost to the citizens of England?
As a Brit, I tend to veer towards preferring the the Queen as Head of State to the alternative of, say, a President. There's a lot of tradition involved and I quite like that. As to cost, it's reckoned to be about 65p (roughly 88 US cents) per UK taxpayer per year, which isn't too bad !

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
I think I'll show my ignorance here and ask, in the overall scheme of things, what purpose does the royal family serve, and at what financial cost to the citizens of England?

The Royal Family is "free" because the government pays for it. [Using the current mentality and understanding of the American citizenry.]

PS: How's the vaperskinz coming along?

Users who are viewing this thread