Tootle Puffers, Part Three! (The Sequel of the Redux)

brewbear

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2017
alright squonker-puffs. I need recommendations for my first squonk mod. looking to spend around 50 bucks. preferably some kind of kit that comes with a decent atty. MTL or DTL, doesn't matter. it'll be a toy at first, just to see if I like it. prefer a mech, but I could make regulated work as well.

looking at the pulse pretty closely, but seeing if anyone has something else.
Hugo Squeezer is one I see talked about, decent mech. 3F hellfire v2 for mtl, yftk hadaly for dl. B2k caviar if you decide you like squonking. Coppervape squonking mod is good, Pico Squeeze also.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
You can add clearance and gifts as well and enjoy free shipping.

Yes, Clearance items just don't receive the 30% off discount. As far as the FREE shipping - as long as your order total is US $120 or more (after using the 30% off code), they don't care what it includes. :thumbs:

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
This has nothing to do with vaping, but I thought I'd pass along another deal I came upon yesterday afternoon. Stopped at a Dollar General for a Coke and some chips while headed home from out of town. While checking out I saw they carry a lot of different, well-known, Gift Cards. The Darden Restaurants cards are all on sale for 15% off face value! They have a variety of them in different amounts, some that you choose the amount from $0-100, too. The iTunes cards were all 10% off, too.

Not sure if DG are located all over the US, nor if the Darden group of restaurants is all over, but...15% off is a great deal! Pair using a Gift card bought for less, with 1 of their coupons in the mailer inserts, and you could save a nice sum of money when eating out. Or...give a $25 GC and pay just $21.25 for it, or a $45 GC and pay just $38.45 for it! :thumbs:

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona

pokemom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2014
Lauderhill, Florida, United States
Where have you been girlfriend? We missed you! I hope all is well with you :wub:

Thanks!! I’ve been swamped, literally and figuratively. Storm really took its toll. Slowly digging out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

brewbear

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2017
alright squonker-puffs. I need recommendations for my first squonk mod. looking to spend around 50 bucks. preferably some kind of kit that comes with a decent atty. MTL or DTL, doesn't matter. it'll be a toy at first, just to see if I like it. prefer a mech, but I could make regulated work as well.

looking at the pulse pretty closely, but seeing if anyone has something else.
There are a couple of forums I look at and some of the squonk-a-holiks there are saying the Hugo squeeze is better than the Pulse.
If you don't mind the black, Geek Vape Athena Squonk Kit - Black

LynnNC

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
NC
There are a couple of forums I look at and some of the squonk-a-holiks there are saying the Hugo squeeze is better than the Pulse.
If you don't mind the black, Geek Vape Athena Squonk Kit - Black
I got my Athena that I won here yesterday and got it built today. It’s a sweet little squonker. Easy to build with a postless deck(I have Clapton’s in it at .24 ohms) and super soft bottles. Really easy to set up and go.

brewbear

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2017
I got my Athena that I won here yesterday and got it built today. It’s a sweet little squonker. Easy to build with a postless deck(I have Clapton’s in it at .24 ohms) and super soft bottles. Really easy to set up and go.
I have been using squonk mods almost exclusively for the past couple of months and really like them. My problem is lack of time! Mech squonks require maintenance time in order to run properly so I am using regulated ones. I do have a couple of MOSFET ones I use at home but the Therions are my main squeeze!

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
When batteries start to recharge to 4.17 or 4.18 instead of 4.20, does that mean they definitely need to be thrown out? I have a few that do that.

Hi Mike!
Your comment made me realize that it’s time for me to get a more advanced charger (and one with more than 2 slots for charging).
Happy Friday all!

brewbear

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2017
Hi Mike!
Your comment made me realize that it’s time for me to get a more advanced charger (and one with more than 2 slots for charging).
Happy Friday all!
Same to you! Try to find a Hohm Base charger if you can. I think mt baker vapor had them at a decent price

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
@Burnie, it's terribly frightening to watch our most precious loved ones go thru something like this. I wish you the absolute best and am keeping good thoughts for both of you!!

I remember when my Dad had to have a surgery for an aortic aneurysm, at age 87. The dox were not terribly optimistic, but I was! He made it thru with SHINING colors.

Your Mom will as well.

{{{{YOU}}}}

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Thank you. I recently bought three new batteries, and was debating if and when to retire my old ones. Now I will be changing batteries every time I empty a 5ml topper and put a full one on. Except I have already decided to retire three of them. Sigh!

I started doing that because I didn't want to carry spare batteries. If a tank is full, so's the battery, so I can grab it (and one or two more in the same state of fullness ;) ) and go out the door without worrying. Since I primarily use one topper type (KFL2) and build them all the same, it's a pretty easy way to monitor cell condition.

If one is fairly consistent in one's vaping style, it does provide a rough estimate of actual battery condition. If, for example, a 2500 mAh one is still showing 1/3 capacity after a tank, and then after charging won't vape a tank, then the battery is shot. Once you start that type of routine, you'll get a feel for how it works for you.

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
@Burnie, it's terribly frightening to watch our most precious loved ones go thru something like this. I wish you the absolute best and am keeping good thoughts for both of you!!

I remember when my Dad had to have a surgery for an aortic aneurysm, at age 87. The dox were not terribly optimistic, but I was! He made it thru with SHINING colors.

Your Mom will as well.

{{{{YOU}}}}

Good thoughts and prayers for your Mom,Burnie:)
Thank You :wub:

corn flakes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2014
Brant County Canada
I started doing that because I didn't want to carry spare batteries. If a tank is full, so's the battery, so I can grab it (and one or two more in the same state of fullness ;) ) and go out the door without worrying. Since I primarily use one topper type (KFL2) and build them all the same, it's a pretty easy way to monitor cell condition.

If one is fairly consistent in one's vaping style, it does provide a rough estimate of actual battery condition. If, for example, a 2500 mAh one is still showing 1/3 capacity after a tank, and then after charging won't vape a tank, then the battery is shot. Once you start that type of routine, you'll get a feel for how it works for you.

Glad you have found a system that works for you.

I have way too much rotation to even keep track of what juice I am vaping at the moment.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
I have way too much rotation to even keep track of what juice I am vaping at the moment.

Heck, that's easy. In the dozen I have going atm, all the juices are mine, since I diy. (Should that be dim??)

OH! Did you mean what the flavors are? :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread