Turbocad's finally selling mods :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

turbocad6

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2011
brooklyn ny
yeah the dna60 chip is around half the size of the dna75 allowing more flexibility in building a smaller mod, once you're up to an 18650 sized mod then theres really not that much of an advantage to the 60 unless you get pretty creative with maximizing space use which is something I really like to try to do :)

the dna60 will be really cool for retrofitting into existing dna40 devices too for those few who could do that.

what it really comes down to is, as the current deeming regulations stand, unless you have a product actually on the market by 8/8 you will not be able to sell it in the future. what sucks is I have so many ideas of things I'd love to build eventually but are not fully developed yet. that's why I want to try and at least develop a few of my best and furthest along ideas into a product that can be on the market by the deeming date, just in case this thing does actually stick.

what sucks is that the FDA deeming as it stands right now is going to stop innovation dead in it's tracks throughout the whole industry, and personally that's what I really like doing the most is innovating and constantly improving and coming up with new and better ideas. I really hope it is all BS and will eventually get overturned

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
Clarksburg, Maryland, United States
yeah the dna60 chip is around half the size of the dna75 allowing more flexibility in building a smaller mod, once you're up to an 18650 sized mod then theres really not that much of an advantage to the 60 unless you get pretty creative with maximizing space use which is something I really like to try to do :)

the dna60 will be really cool for retrofitting into existing dna40 devices too for those few who could do that.

what it really comes down to is, as the current deeming regulations stand, unless you have a product actually on the market by 8/8 you will not be able to sell it in the future. what sucks is I have so many ideas of things I'd love to build eventually but are not fully developed yet. that's why I want to try and at least develop a few of my best and furthest along ideas into a product that can be on the market by the deeming date, just in case this thing does actually stick.

what sucks is that the FDA deeming as it stands right now is going to stop innovation dead in it's tracks throughout the whole industry, and personally that's what I really like doing the most is innovating and constantly improving and coming up with new and better ideas. I really hope it is all BS and will eventually get overturned

Question is how do they figure enforcing this? State sales taxes are supposed to be paid on all internet purchases. How's that working out? My thoughts are when the come knocking on my door and issue a citation I will pay it and make changes as needed to avoid paying the second fine. If you know you are saving lives it may or may not work out but it's better than just folding up. I'm not a quitter, if that means we have to go to a newsletter system instead of a forum format so be it. This thing has already gotten way to big to be silenced, that ship sailed in 2010.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
I'm gonna guess it'll be a long long long time before anyone "comes after" a "boutique" operation - like anyone selling craft mods or custom metal thingies on a thread with a list.
They will shut down vape shops. And they'll screw with "big" juice vendors - probably brands they see in the shops. That will keep them busy for a couple years. Not sure how or when they may try to choke the DIY nic supply. But ordering a single mod from a craftsman? Hell - they may never even try to stifle that.

edit: Still, precautions are good.

turbocad6

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2011
brooklyn ny
yeah, I'm working on making an ultem mod right now, been working with ultem past few days because I want to have ultem mods on the market before the deeming date. it sounded a whole lot easier in my head than it winds up actually being :lol:

I am of course starting out with solid billets of ultem and then machining it from scratch, just like I do with the wood mods. I really thought that making them out of ultem would be easier than making them from wood, but really that's not the case. since everything is transparent and very visible inside and out and needs to be polished to a glass like finish it actually winds up being a bit more work than wood and requires even more precision, but man I gotta tell you, I'm really loving the look of these things so far and honestly I'm not much of a "plastic" kinda guy to begin with, but these ultem mods are really starting to look sick... hopefully I can finish it by tonight. for those that really like the design of my mod but are a little leery about the durability of wood this ultem is the ticket man, stuff is incredible, gotta be the strongest plastic I've ever worked with and I've worked with a lot of plastics outside of mod building. these things will be nearly indestructible.

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
yeah, I'm working on making an ultem mod right now, been working with ultem past few days because I want to have ultem mods on the market before the deeming date. it sounded a whole lot easier in my head than it winds up actually being :lol:

I am of course starting out with solid billets of ultem and then machining it from scratch, just like I do with the wood mods. I really thought that making them out of ultem would be easier than making them from wood, but really that's not the case. since everything is transparent and very visible inside and out and needs to be polished to a glass like finish it actually winds up being a bit more work than wood and requires even more precision, but man I gotta tell you, I'm really loving the look of these things so far and honestly I'm not much of a "plastic" kinda guy to begin with, but these ultem mods are really starting to look sick... hopefully I can finish it by tonight. for those that really like the design of my mod but are a little leery about the durability of wood this ultem is the ticket man, stuff is incredible, gotta be the strongest plastic I've ever worked with and I've worked with a lot of plastics outside of mod building. these things will be nearly indestructible.

Damn. That sounds like the perfect mod for a tool like me.
The translucence is what makes em so dope.

turbocad6

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2011
brooklyn ny
I'm also playing with ultem with metal or wood inserts. the possible combinations are almost unlimited here so really when it comes down to the letter of the law with the whole deeming thing it's kinda ridiculous. I mean as they are saying it, any change becomes a new product. well how the heck would this work when each and every mod I build is unique to itself and different from any other? I mean I'm set up to build custom one off mods to a customers specifications. I want to offer a wide range of truly custom and unique combo's but there is no way in he ll that I could possibly have every possible combo on the market before deeming...I mean is it good enough to just say "dna* chip with custom enclosure" as being already on the market? I mean yeah I'd like to be able to follow the letter of the law but this is just so ridiculous that in the end I guess the only real answer here is F U K the FDA! such bulls*t really...

from now on I think I'm just going to call my mods "custom power enclosures" instead of vape mods... in essence my products have absolutely nothing to do with nicotine, there just little portable personal fog machines
:evil:

turbocad6

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2011
brooklyn ny
also, coming soon:

dna60 lipo powered micro mods :thumbs:

these will be slick, they are not intended as being an all day every day mod but personally I find myself sometimes wanting a real tiny mod for any kind of certain event that may last just a few hours. a micro bottom feeder for those kinds of stealth vape times is something that I have always wanted. the dna60 will make that a reality without it being a wimpy vape. stay tuned for more in the coming weeks, dna60's are in route to me :) I haven't heard anything back about the dna250's so they may have just been a rumor but I'm very excited about the dna60's for micro mods with the latest greatest temp controlled algorithms...

BobC

Reformed Squonker
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2013
Downtown Charleston, SC
also, coming soon:

dna60 lipo powered micro mods :thumbs:

these will be slick, they are not intended as being an all day every day mod but personally I find myself sometimes wanting a real tiny mod for any kind of certain event that may last just a few hours. a micro bottom feeder for those kinds of stealth vape times is something that I have always wanted. the dna60 will make that a reality without it being a wimpy vape. stay tuned for more in the coming weeks, dna60's are in route to me :) I haven't heard anything back about the dna250's so they may have just been a rumor but I'm very excited about the dna60's for micro mods with the latest greatest temp controlled algorithms...

I love tiny :thumbs:

turbocad6

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2011
brooklyn ny
also, since the charging and escribe interface chip is actually a separate module I'm designing a version that comes with a tiny mod and a docking base. the docking base would get connected to a usb power source and the mod will connect to it and be charged whenever it's sitting on it's base, so if you leave the base sitting on your desk and just pick up the mod to vape it and sit it back on it's base it will always remain charged, same could be done in a car, a mobile docking base, and of course you could just use it for an hour or 2 then just sit it back on it's base to recharge... to connect it to escribe you would just plug the usb into the base and sit the mod on this base for comunication... pretty exciting things coming this way from big apple mods I'd say, I'm really loving this dna60 and I haven't even gotten my hands on it yet :)

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Custom crafted, adjustable, self-contained lubricant heaters.
Not for use with nicotine. Do not eat. Maximum capacity: 10 ml or 4 very small people. ADA Compliant. Warning: Contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause delerium in pregnant miners. Not sure how the miners got pregnant, or what they were mining. Keep away from open flame.

Nautilusfan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
The ultem with metal accents would be very nice. Also would probably be really cool with the right wood accent panels :thumb:

The lipo micro is very interesting also. Like Turbo said probably won't be an all day mod but would definitely have a spot in the lineup :)

pdib

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2012
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
indeed. any experience that tells you you're getting the same nicotine delivery parameters from battery holders made of different woods is purely anecdotal. you'll need to do a certified scientific study for each, and hire a technical writer to spin those into . .. . meh . . . about 12 hundred pages (each), and then hire a lawyer to submit it.

. .. and be sure to dot your Ipes and cross your Teaks. :sleep:

[disclaimer: I'm not being serious. . .. . . . . . .. . .
. . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . it may be true, but I'm not being serious.]​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread