Status
Not open for further replies.

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
I saw the picture and thought it was the 50TC. That's what I have. I don't use them much any more. I really like the ipv6x I got a couple weeks ago. I also got an ipv d3s in the mail today that I picked up for about $20.
I keep thinking about getting the 50w one. Know of any deals on them?

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
It's interesting to read that comparison to the Merlin mini RTA. I'm not so sure that they're 23 mm tank I think they're 25 or something weird like 24. I have to say for me I don't find the Marlin mini to be built all that well and the absence of any knurling makes them a true pain to clean. I have to use pliers to get the top of the tank off every single time. And I was actually wondering if a goblin mini v3 would be better for me. I own a v2 but I don't like building on it, too small and off center decks are out for me now. I'm using single coil setups in all the mentioned tanks.

Also with my Merlin mini the AFC is not quite lined up properly so there's this ugly silver lip. Overall it's an OK tank for the money but I certainly don't think it's anything to write home about. I also don't find the flavor to be particularly good on the Merlin mini as for single coil the chamber is way too large. Which brings about another problem with the marlin many witches with fixed use it never fully properly drains from the sides around the chamber between the glass juice get stuck in there.

I find I have to use beefy builds even for mtl vaping with the Merlin mini. Like 5 wraps of 38/36 Clapton wire around 2.25 mm post for a .9 build. Otherwise the vape is anemic.

I know a forum member here came up with the design for the Merlin mini and that's amazing. But it isn't without a relatively long list of issues in my experience. And I've had mine for. Along time now compared to most is a some of the first to get one I think.

I wanted it to be an amazing tank. It's not. The flavor is below the goblin v2. Below the digiplay siren by a huge margin. The digiplay siren tank is miles ahead of the Merlin mini in all ways except size. And that's the shame of the siren. It's huge.

Based on what I'm reading here I'm not is sure I'll get the goblin mini v3 or the serpent mini. But I definitely cannot recommend th merlin mini for mtl vapors.

If you're doing direct lung hits that's another story. While the build issues persist it is a flavorful direct lung tank. Unfortunately it reiterates the known fact that there is no such thing as a tank that's good for direct lung and mtl. The reducers help but not enough.

After reading that long post about the Merlin mini I thought that I would put in my two cents for anyone considering buying one for MTL I would definitely suggest against that idea but if you're looking for a good small tank for direct lung it may be good enough for you with the dual deck and no afr inserted but the cleaning is a huge pain. I don't think it holds anywhere near 4ml , more like 2 maybe. Build quality is so so with the afc not aligning properly. The drip tip is also not good for mtl and standard size drip tips don't fit properly. They're too tall. So they stick out. So unfortunately I feel let down by the merlin mini. But at least it was cheap.

Just some thoughts on a goblin competitor. Thanks for all the info in the thread value the mini

I wonder if leaking issues, like with the v2, are the result of incorrect wicking moot times. I'm guilty myself of wicking v2 of the gm incorrectly and flooding the mod but now the air isn't on the bottom it shouldn't be as big of an issue right?

Maybe we can get a tank pass around going on so everyone doesn't have to buy all three. I'd be in to circulate the Merlin for any who want to try it.

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
Funny. Even with a 1.4 ohm coil build, my iStick Pico still reads 1.15 ohms, just like with the above build (that is actually maybe about 1.25 ohms). That above build runs anyway in SS TC mode, but the 1.4 ohm one (also SS 316L) does not (works fine in wattage mode though, of course). I wonder what the heck is up with that? I thought TC mode on the iStick Pico could run up to 1.5 ohms? None of that makes any sense to me. I guess I need to build lower resistance coils for TC to work properly.

Maybe that displayed 1.15 ohms is the SS TC build limit? I wish I knew for sure. The Merlin is doing fine in wattage mode with the 30 gauge SS coil, 3mm ID, about 8 wraps. A 3mm inner diameter is easy to wick with Rayon, as it is just half a full diameter strand of the stuff - straight out of the box. I'm definitely getting better flavor and it appears to wick well. Still no leak or seepage issues. I think I will just try double twisted 30 gauge Kanthal next, for another straight wattage mode vape - at least until I can figure out TC a little better.

My Kayfun Mini V3s came in yesterday. They look short and slim compared to the Merlin. I haven't built anything on them yet. The drip tips on them are fit so tight I almost thought they were built in and non-removable at first. Not a single one of my other drip tips fits them. The fit being just too tight. I'm a little disappointed by that. I don't personally like metal drip tips.

That's compared to the full size merlin not the mini right? Did you buy authentic kfmv3 or a clone? I have a clone and found it very lackluster. I men's the clone is fine, pretty spot on but the vape for, the mini is mediocre and it's way too tall. They should have made it 22 but short. Like a kf5 with nano. I just haven't been a big fan of the flavor of the latest kfm. Maybe the authentic is different somehow ?

billybc96

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Reno, Nevada, USA
That's compared to the full size merlin not the mini right? Did you buy authentic kfmv3 or a clone? I have a clone and found it very lackluster. I men's the clone is fine, pretty spot on but the vape for, the mini is mediocre and it's way too tall. They should have made it 22 but short. Like a kf5 with nano. I just haven't been a big fan of the flavor of the latest kfm. Maybe the authentic is different somehow ?

Yes, full size Merlin. No experience with Mini Merlin. I have two Kayfun Mini V3s. They are both clones, but considered one of the better KFM V3 clones out there right now. I've only just gotten around to using them, so I can't comment on how well they work yet. I've been tied up playing with my Augvape Merlins for quite awhile now, but have never quite gotten them to work the way I want them to. I need to rewick them every day, which is kind of a pain, but they don't really break-in to a good vape until after about a day of use - then quickly go bad on me.

The only thing I don't like about the KFM V3s so far is the 2ml juice capacity (the 4ml juice capacity of the Merlin is a big plus by comparison), and the metal drip tips that there seem to be no delrin versions of, anywhere, in the world. None of my 510 drip tips that fit many of my other tanks seem to fit, as the connection is just too tight. Any ideas on how to resolve that? Smaller o-rings, from some supplier, somewhere, maybe? It really bothers me, as I've gotten used to softer drip tips that don't threaten my teeth when I hit a pothole while vaping and driving. (I drive a lot for work.)

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
The JFC on my Goblin Mini V3 is very loose and turn quite easily. You can actually wobble the tank back a forth a tiny little bit. I assume this is not the norm and could the base be pressed tighter like we did on the Merlins?

Mine wobbles a bit at the JFC to, my JFC is quite loose also. But It causes me no issues.
Are you having issues with yours?

Reactions: TrollDragon

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Haven't used mine in a month. It's a good vape for sure. The machining isn't the best but it gives a quality vape.
Yeah I was late to the party as always. The Ammit is much better IMHO and when the EXO RTA arrives, I can see the Goblin, Ammit and Engine Nano getting boxed. ;)

Reactions: MMW

drewburton48

ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2015
Hornsea,UK
Just a heads up for those in the UK, Totally Wicked are selling these for £14 with free postage for a limited time.
I have recently received mine and am having no leaking issues... Couldn't be happier with it. It is the version that comes without the anti-spitback gizmo not pre- installed.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread