UD Goblin Mini v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Thats for sure :) I use my GBMV3 every morning with my coffee vape :)

Hows this for a single coil :)
Pharaoh RTA IMO curent King of the Single Coil :)

Nice, be no flavor from that one... ;)

I try to keep my single builds on the simple side, which is one reason I didn't pick up a Pharaoh RTA. :)

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
Funny thing is the flavor is quite good. It seems like a pure cloud tank, but a little fiddling with coil height and wicking can give a decent flavor experience.
+1 just keep the top air flow closed & the flavour is Quite good!
It's not your ordinary single coil tank, it uses as much juice & battery life as most dual coil tanks.
It is a very nice deck to use with those fancy coils :)

ccwaters

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2013
Minnesota USA
Personally I thought the Engine Nano was a piece of poo. I sold it within a month, considering I hord atomizers that says quite a bit.

I tried everything with that little large turd, blocked off back air, reduced the front with a reducer from my Athea n'sane, reduced the back, coil high, coil low, in between, damn near every conceivable size coil round wire to exotics. In the end it lacked.

I don't think I've ever put that much effort into an atomizer before, doubt I'll ever again. I kept the Engine dual coil, that one is not king but the nearly leak-less design makes it worth keeping around.

Now from seeing him post I know ricks has very strong and narrow likes on vaping, 2 flavors, MTL. So he has found an atty which works, and provides him with exactly what he likes. I envy that, wish I could be so happy with one atty and 2 flavors!

All that said, I have a few hundred atties I'd choose before that conundrum of an atty they call "Nano"

As for reviewers, only reason I watch any of them is to get a good look at potential purchases. They all ride the gravy train of free gear, and the large majority always have that next best thing for us to spend money on.

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
Personally I thought the Engine Nano was a piece of poo. I sold it within a month, considering I hord atomizers that says quite a bit.

I tried everything with that little large turd, blocked off back air, reduced the front with a reducer from my Athea n'sane, reduced the back, coil high, coil low, in between, damn near every conceivable size coil round wire to exotics. In the end it lacked.

I don't think I've ever put that much effort into an atomizer before, doubt I'll ever again. I kept the Engine dual coil, that one is not king but the nearly leak-less design makes it worth keeping around.

Now from seeing him post I know ricks has very strong and narrow likes on vaping, 2 flavors, MTL. So he has found an atty which works, and provides him with exactly what he likes. I envy that, wish I could be so happy with one atty and 2 flavors!

All that said, I have a few hundred atties I'd choose before that conundrum of an atty they call "Nano"

As for reviewers, only reason I watch any of them is to get a good look at potential purchases. They all ride the gravy train of free gear, and the large majority always have that next best thing for us to spend money on.

All most my experience to a Tee! I tried literally over a dozen builds in the nano.
None of witch I would condiser a "GoodVape"!
I to have many many atty's ,maybe not a hundred but close!
No one is a vaping authority, it's mostly opinions! The YT reviewers are the worst place to look for opinions, they have ulterior motives! The only way to form a true opinion is to try it your self!

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
All most my experience to a Tee! I tried literally over a dozen builds in the nano.
None of witch I would condiser a "GoodVape"!
I to have many many atty's ,maybe not a hundred but close!
No one is a vaping authority, it's mostly opinions! The YT reviewers are the worst place to look for opinions, they have ulterior motives! The only way to form a true opinion is to try it your self!

Oh, it's all opinions, certainly regarding stuff like taste. Too many variables to believe flavor experienced by one holds up for others. Throw in different juices and it's a real crap shoot. About the only thing a reviewer can offer that's objective would be concrete stuff like measurements and test results for mods.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada

I know that I have asked your opinion on a few tanks in the past and you have always been spot on. I should have asked about the Engine nano before I picked it up. :thumbs:

I thought that reducing the chamber airflow might have solved the problems. Seeing that you have gone much farther than I ever would have trying to get a decent vape, it looks like time to follow suite and sell it off.

ccwaters

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2013
Minnesota USA
I know that I have asked your opinion on a few tanks in the past and you have always been spot on. I should have asked about the Engine nano before I picked it up. :thumbs:

I thought that reducing the chamber airflow might have solved the problems. Seeing that you have gone much farther than I ever would have trying to get a decent vape, it looks like time to follow suite and sell it off.

Was a few things I did which did improve it, some to the point it wasn't bad, but even at its best it just wasn't anything special, It reminds me of the RJmods Catz RDA, which had a very similar set up for the airflow. Its like even when I got OK density, and decent flavor something was still missing, only thing I can figure is the airflow system acts like a sort of muffler and no matter what you do with it, bottom line you just aren't going to get a true direct airflow with it.

Add that to a less then stellar press fit deck and all signs pointed to sell before its one of those $5.00 clearance atties. As it was it paid for nearly half of my Aromamizer Plus so it wasn't bad :thumbs:

f1fanoly

Jan 18, 2014
Centralia

Haha, that's funny and well written. My thoughts exactly and I find myself in the same boat as you in regard to hoarding atomizers. The Serpent Alto was the same way for me, tried as hard as I did with the Engine Nano and just couldn't get it to perform, and I'm pretty sure I know what I'm doing after 4 years of RTA's only. The Digiflavor Fujison is awesome, it hardly gets mentioned, probably my best and favorite all around. The Mage GTA performs just as well, and I have been enjoying the Serpent RDTA very much since I got it. I only do single coil and I try to keep my builds similar in the tanks I'm using. SS and Rayon FTW!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread