US Vape Mail Ban - USPS/FedEx/UPS/DHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

man114

Mar 30, 2021
What's to stop me from making the 2 hour drive to OKC, buying a bunch of liters from Heartland and then going to Dallas, just 1.5 hours from where I live, and selling from my trunk? When the enacted this crazy law, they automatically set things up for a black market. Furthermore, I could dilute that nicotine with cheap industrial grade PG, or something worse, and increase my profits. Then we have another outbreak of something like EVALI.

Nothing. In fact industrial grade PG is probably safer than what I dreamed up. Since I do the DIY mixing I tell my wife every year that I’m gonna buy up the clearance Fog juice from the Halloween stores at the end of the season and mix her up a special batch of “Spooky” vape juice. Now obviously I’m not really going to do it but if I thought of it surely some black market reseller will too.

low_tar_neil

ECF Tea-boy, Vaping.com guy
Admin
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 20, 2008
    www.vaping.com
    Mig Vapor sent an email saying their products will now be available exclusively through Vaporfi. Said it's because vaporfi, unlike small companies such as Mig, had the resources to comply with all the PACT Act requirements. If i'm not mistaken, vaporfi is owned by R.J. Reynolds/Nabisco so, not surprising. Mig Vapor - The Best eCig Starter Kits, Vaporizers and Vape Mods . Kinda wondering why more small outfits didn't go that route.

Suggest you keep a record of what you purchase then report it however your state requires & pay whatever tax would be due... before anyone comes a'knockin'.
    Vapor Fi is owned by Turning Point Brands - https://www.bizjournals.com/louisvi...g-point-brands-makes-multimillion-dollar.html - there are actually a lot of things going on behind the scenes, expect to see lots of M&A news in the coming weeks.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
    ECF Veteran
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    I haven't seen any statistics either, but I've seen scenes not far removed from this...
    vapers.jpg

Looks like an Air Bag explosion...

Reactions: NolaMel

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    Vapor Fi is owned by Turning Point Brands - https://www.bizjournals.com/louisvi...g-point-brands-makes-multimillion-dollar.html - there are actually a lot of things going on behind the scenes, expect to see lots of M&A news in the coming weeks.

Turning Point Brands (TPB) also controls these Companies..

Turning Point Brands - Our Business

I believe that they have about 250 PMTA's on file with the FDA. And are exploring Tobacco Free Nicotine (TFN) possible ventures. I also believe that TPB holds some TFN manufacturing Patents.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal

englishmick

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 25, 2014
    Naptown, Indiana
    Does anyone know if the refurbishing service for Provari's is still available? How much it costs and contact info?

This is the email address. Last I heard he was still doing it but he was running out of some parts.

Repair service

Warranty and Non-Warranty - If you need service on your ProVari, please contact Bill. He is a third party ProVari repair technician who is providing repair services.

Repair Services Email

aikanae1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 2, 2013
    az
    This is the email address. Last I heard he was still doing it but he was running out of some parts.

Repair service

Warranty and Non-Warranty - If you need service on your ProVari, please contact Bill. He is a third party ProVari repair technician who is providing repair services.

Repair Services Email
    I wonder if he'll become restricted by the mail ban. [emoji22]

Sent from my LM-G850 using Tapatalk

IgnorantCig

ECF Veteran
    Mar 31, 2015
    new york
    I ordered some juice yesterday and noticed that the shipping was almost double the usual cost.

That has to do with the new signature requirements I believe.

I'm ok with twice the shipping cost, as I prefer to sign for a package, as it's more secure and ensures that nobody can steal my package as it will be handed over directly to me.

It remains to be seen if I will actually have to sign for that package in a few days or not. My local mail delivery people usually just leave all packages in the lobby of my building, they don't care about any requirements.

If they're charging me a hefty amount for the signature requirement, then they had better enforce their own rules and follow the law or I will report the USPS to the proper authorities.

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
    If they're charging me a hefty amount for the signature requirement, then they had better enforce their own rules and follow the law or I will report the USPS to the proper authorities.
    While I agree on the 'follow their own rules' thing in principal, I don't think I would do much to basically say, "Hey, you guys aren't being a PITA enough to me like you said you would"..

Katcandoo

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 4, 2013
    Georgia , USA
    I ordered a new cell phone a couple of months ago, delivered via FedEx. It required a signature, but FedEx policy is no customer contact, so I couldn’t sign for it. I asked the driver how that worked, and he said he would enter my name for me. But he never asked for ID or what my name was. So I’m confused how the government regs can be complied with.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I ordered a new cell phone a couple of months ago, delivered via FedEx. It required a signature, but FedEx policy is no customer contact, so I couldn’t sign for it. I asked the driver how that worked, and he said he would enter my name for me. But he never asked for ID or what my name was. So I’m confused how the government regs can be complied with.

Well FedEx won't transport vape anyhow. So that's easy :)

As for USPS, what little time they have left to legally transport vape to consumers, they will have to comply with PACT.

As for the new shipping company that's supposedly going to do vape deliveries, they will have to comply with PACT, no way around it. Hefty fines for both the company and the delivery driver if they don't, from what I understand.

K9Luvr

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Feb 26, 2010
    Hampton, VA
    Got my last shipment of juice from Flawless Vape today, through USPS. Ordered 23 bottles of juice. Came in a white USPS box, return address on shipping label listed ‘Fullfillment Center, Shipping Department’. Postman just placed it on my doorstep, like he has for my previous deliveries.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    My local mail delivery people usually just leave all packages in the lobby of my building, they don't care about any requirements.

My regular mail man has signed for signature (not adult signature) deliveries for me before if he comes too early and/or doesn't want to wait for me to answer the door. I trust him, but it is kinda odd. He actually puts his own name in the computer.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Aspire China (aspirecig.com) seems to no longer ship to the USA because there is no USA in the country dropdown of their shipping estimator anymore.

I didn't actually attempt checkout, though.

Could have been this way for a long time for all i know, I haven't bought anything directly from Aspire (China or USA) for many years.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread