USA Manufactured PV (From CaSH and Friends)

Status
Not open for further replies.

StratOvation

ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2009
Michigan, USA
I'm sure Steve will correct me if need be, but My understanding was that the intro "Kit" would be the base unit with a choice of one 801 or 901 size adaptor (additional adaptor sizes slated for future release) and a battery option choice (maybe batt charger?).

I dont think the atomizer is part of the "Kit". So, if you have some 801 atomizers, you'd probably choose that adaptor size and then select which battery option to go with.

BTW, I'd prefer no LED be added as I want to use this on my long daily commute to work and don't care to have a blinding LED shining back in my face while driving in the dark.

Mike

tmt99

Apr 28, 2009
Steve: Important, please respond. I am excited about a USA made device, but I have one question. What happens if/when your orders held in customs are released. I see on the puresmoker.com website that all of the other models/accessories/liquid you used to carry are gone. Are you dropping those lines from your company permanently regardless of the FDA/customs idiocy ? If we purchased the pilot from you recently, what are we to do for parts/etc. ?

NoAnalogs4me

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2008
Pittsburgh to Philadelphia
Steve: Important, please respond. I am excited about a USA made device, but I have one question. What happens if/when your orders held in customs are released. I see on the puresmoker.com website that all of the other models/accessories/liquid you used to carry are gone. Are you dropping those lines from your company permanently regardless of the FDA/customs idiocy ? If we purchased the pilot from you recently, what are we to do for parts/etc. ?

Hi tmt99,
I was mistaken and know nothing regarding Puresmoker's website.

Last edited:

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
Ok, so through this whole thread this question hasn't been asked, so I'll go first... unless I have misunderstood, the first production run of this USA made Prodigy will be 1000 units, and you get your choice of a 901 or an 801 atomizer... so the question is: Do you have 1000 901 and/or 801 atomizers on hand, or have the ability to get them through customs by the projected Prodigy delivery date? :confused:

Hey RSN .... Yes we have Plenty of 801 and 901 Atomizers...

We tested RN4075 and RN4072 atomizers with the prodigy, and although they work, the true DSE series seem to work better.

So, we will be carry true DSE901 atty's and DSE801 4 Hole Atty's. And yes, we have everything :)

May I suggest a BRIGHT LED that faces toward the user, that way I can see when it is working. Even if it is a manual switch will it blink when the battery is low, and how does it recharge? :confused:

Derfman, our original Prodigy did in fact have an LED placed between the switch and adapter. The issue being pumping 6v through an LED that could only handle up to 4 - 4.5v. I'm sure if we searched hard enough, we could find an LED that worked, however, we already have an idea for LED placement likely on the 2nd half of this production run. :) That and when the LED wasn't flickering from too much power, it was BLINDING !!! haha

I'm sure Steve will correct me if need be, but My understanding was that the intro "Kit" would be the base unit with a choice of one 801 or 901 size adaptor (additional adaptor sizes slated for future release) and a battery option choice (maybe batt charger?).

I dont think the atomizer is part of the "Kit". So, if you have some 801 atomizers, you'd probably choose that adaptor size and then select which battery option to go with.

BTW, I'd prefer no LED be added as I want to use this on my long daily commute to work and don't care to have a blinding LED shining back in my face while driving in the dark.

Mike

Hey Mike, we will be including an atomizer of choice 801/901 with the first production run.

1 Standard Kit will include:
* (1) DSE801/901 Atomizer
* (1) Adapter to fit the above
* (1-2) Batteries to match the above (3.7v for 901 -- 6v for 801)
* (1) Charger
* (1) Battery housing

Hope that clears some stuff up :D

Steve, are these going to be made available in the UK through e-cigs.co.uk from day one?

Hey Gadget, Not sure. Depends on how fast shipping can get to the UK. If anything, it won't be more than 5-7 days after our release.

If/When orders at customs are released, GREAT !!! They will be available on our site again. :) I'm not entirely sure (assuming we ever get product released) that we will be carrying all models. We do plan on keeping atleast 1-2 (smaller ones) to offset the bulkiness of the Prodigy and for those that really care about size. I doubt we will carry the Pen any longer.

We will likely keep the bada bing as well :)

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
If I was you Steve I would just make the prodigy work with 'any' atty ......and only sell the prodigy ....and every possible kind of atty anyone could want to use with it.

Don't get me wrong, the Prodigy will be able to accept 90% of the atomizers built with the correct adapter, however, I don't want to monopolize someone's decision if they really don't care for the size of the prodigy. Until our next model is released, we will continue to sell smaller once to appease everyone :)

Cash, I'm trying to comprehend size wise how bit this thing really is. Will it be able to be carried around in a pocket still or is it really large? Is it bigger than a screw driver? How many Mah will the batteries be for the 901 3.75 V? Thank you.

I carry it around in my pocket ...

* A normal size Pen battery is 3.25" long.
* The prodigy is roughly 4.5" with adapter already screwed on. The OD (Outside Diameter) is roughly .875" or just under an inch.

Not sure if its bigger than trog's screwdriver or not, as I have only seen pictures. No specs and nothing in my hands.

Batteries carried for the 901 3.7v, will likely either be 2200mAh or 2600mAh.

Oh an one last question, with the manual button, will it be able to be set off in a pocket or somewhere without pushing it? There is no on/off switch.

The button is recessed, roughly 1/16 - 1/8", thus the outer *ring* is actually higher. If something pokey touches your pocket it can be pushed, otherwise, it can't. I keep mine in my pocket all the time and have not had a single incident happen of it being pushed :)

youfillintheblank

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Hey Steve. I saw you listed the contents of a standard Prodigy kit, but will there be the option of a "standalone" unit for a reduced price? I actually have 18650 and CR123 batts and chargers from previous mod projects, I won't need any more. So is that a possibility? Maybe you keep some batts and chargers from a kit aside for warranty issues so you can sell the unit by itself?? That's be great.

tribalmasters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2008
United Kingdom
Not true, look at Steve's original post and my reply. I am estatic about it!!! :D

He has seen how I tape mine to try and keep them "on life support." He KNOWS how excited I am about all of his new products, but especially the passthrough.

I got to sample the Prodigy and I really understand the excitement about it. It ROCKS!!! :hubba:

Mine has cable ties round it, the old one had white tape around it and I am thinking about getting heatshrink tubingand then it will be time to buy the Puresmoker one yayy!!

youfillintheblank

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2008
Ontario, Canada
:D:D:D My buddy Steve, what a guy! :D:D:D

And this answer is for youfillintheblank :) I can't respond via visitor message for some reason, so I will just post here:

I have seen several people interested in a *Base* parts kit - Housing only.

So, Sure ... We can go ahead and carry a Base parts kit for those that have all their own batteries and charging equipment :)

Momof3

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2009
Midwest, USA
If someone chooses the 901 kit with the 18650 battery and an 801 adapter would they have about the same performance for their 801 atomizers as using a regular 801 battery or is there not sufficient power to operate the 801 atomizer? The 18650 battery should operate either atomizer with the same efficiency as their actual batteries, just for a longer period of time correct?

I'm trying to decide which unit to get to work best with what I already have. From what I've read so far on Fri I could pre-order a complete 901 standard Prodigy kit and an 801 adapter and be set for both style atomizers with 2200-2400mah battery. When the 510 adapter is released I would then only need to purchase the proper adapter.

Or I could purchase the 801 Prodigy kit and a 901 adapter. I would then also need to purchase either a cr123a spacer or an 18650 battery and charger along with a 510 adapter. The highest cr123a battery I've found so far is 900mah. Big difference from 2200-2400.

So for those who have more than just 801 atomizers (901, 401, 510) are we better off with the 901 Prodigy kits. Same performance from our existing atomizers, just longer lasting batteries?

And how will this affect your new atomizers? Will they have to have the CR123A batteries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread