Status
Not open for further replies.

jmur

Aggie AND Moon's Acct., on retainer for Beckyblue
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2013
Connecticut
I got my Beserker today, and I have a couple questions. How does one take the chimney, and tube off to change them?

I'm absolutely loving the Berserker, flavor and mechanics are excellent. Only one small prob, related to your question. I wanted to switch to the larger capacity tank, but I'm finding it impossible to take out the screw holding the chimney down. Tried to sort through this thread to see if its been discussed, but didn't find any relevant. Apologies if I've missed it. I'm fine with using the smaller tank, but I'm filling it constantly it seems. Will probably order those replacement tanks from FT. But as far as the tank itself? Yes, it IS excellent!

zed888

Verified Member
Mar 25, 2015
Vortex 4
I'm absolutely loving the Berserker, flavor and mechanics are excellent. Only one small prob, related to your question. I wanted to switch to the larger capacity tank, but I'm finding it impossible to take out the screw holding the chimney down. Tried to sort through this thread to see if its been discussed, but didn't find any relevant. Apologies if I've missed it. I'm fine with using the smaller tank, but I'm filling it constantly it seems. Will probably order those replacement tanks from FT. But as far as the tank itself? Yes, it IS excellent!
The screw is reverse-threaded, so you need to screw it clockwise to remove it.

jmur

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2013
Connecticut
The screw is reverse-threaded, so you need to screw it clockwise to remove it.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:...

Thank you! My face is red...

I DID at one point think it might be reverse, but apparently I had tightened it so much by that time!

I will redo tomorrow. Thanks for that nugget of info!

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
LOL, it does suck at times. But fortunately, my husband is into glasses, as I already wear contacts and I REFUSE to go to bifocal contacts. As for night, well, I've stumbled upon my share of interesting events. LOL.

Yeah, the husband comes sniffing around every time I build coils, and he has NO interest in building coils. It's all good-- they told me I'd be blind by the age of 15. I was like, "no, I'm not going to learn braille quite yet, that sounds like a task that is best accomplished once blind. I should have plenty of time on my hands in the elderly old folks home. Heh.

But thank you, yeah it sucks sometimes.

Anna

jmur

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2013
Connecticut
I have to thank Zed again. Got the tank swapped out today. Absolutely loving the extra capacity, and no leaks at all like with the smaller. Really happy writhe the Berserker, gonna order another as backup. Thanks again guys!

jmur

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2013
Connecticut
?..no, I'm not going to learn braille quite yet, that sounds like a task that is best accomplished once blind. I should have plenty of time on my hands in the elderly old folks home. Heh.

Anna

Don't forget you'll need to set aside time for coil building and wicking, of course:D

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
I'm having trouble with my Berserker. It's started leaking. I thought maybe I hadn't wicked correctly. I tore it out and did it again being more careful with the wicking. It still leaked. Both leaks were extreme. I think it's an oring.

Gonna wash it out and look over the orings.

Oh, well. I had gotten spoiled.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
I'm having trouble with my Berserker. It's started leaking. I thought maybe I hadn't wicked correctly. I tore it out and did it again being more careful with the wicking. It still leaked. Both leaks were extreme. I think it's an oring.

Gonna wash it out and look over the orings.
You didn't happen to lose the o-ring at the bottom of the tank, did you? It's easy to do if it was 1 of the clear ones.

kinda

Aug 24, 2017
I've been using mine for a few days now and I noticed that I was getting juice in my mouth pretty often. When I had that problem in the past it was from getting big POPs that shot juice up when I vaped. This isn't popping at all. It just seems like I'm pulling droplets into my mouth like a straw. I was using the shorter ultem tube and the clapton coil that was included. Juice seems to puddle up underneath the driptip and I don't know if that is what's causing it or if it's something with the wicking/wattage/etc.

I saw some posts saying that this didn't happen much with the larger glass tube. I switched over to that and I'm not getting juice in my mouth anymore, but I noticed the flavor has decreased a bit. I'm still playing with different wattages and which airhole to use.

I'll probably try a round wire coil eventually but right now I want to stick with the clapton to see if I can get a nice vape from it. I read that it needs more wattage but when I did that with the ultem tube it became a very hot vape. With the extension glass I can turn up the wattage a bit and it's not uncomfortable.

I just want the best flavor I can get without getting juice in my mouth all the time. If anyone has had success with the clapton coil I'd love to hear what you did.

Last edited:

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
Repetitio est mater scientiam :) Try kanthal 28ga,7 wraps,2mm and put it and spread it on the deck as much cotton as possible.That works very nice for me.12,5W - 13W.

Poslato sa PRA-LX1 uz pomoć Tapatoka
That's what I use in my Berserker except I use SS wire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread