Vape Residue on Car Windows..........any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Truetopath

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2013
Lake View, NY
yhuzu3as.jpg

These work great for me! I keep them right in the car

CASAA member 2013

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Mohamed

ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2013
USA
Wife and mother I believe use an ammonia water mixture (not sure on ratio for that so google it) for first 2 passes. Then use a vinegar and water solution for final pass. Apparently the vinegar and water solution is to avoid any streaks.

I will make disclaimer that it's not a good idea to mix cleaning solutions unless you know for sure it's safe. They use two separate buckets and two separate rags and separate paper towels for drying. I don't think ammonia and vinegar is a big deal but could be wrong. I think the big one to avoid is ammonia and bleach as it can create a deadly gas. Don't think it's bad if use separately and dry separately it's just when you mix the two together in a bottle.

WorksForMe

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
N.N., Virginia
After vaping in my truck for over a year without cleaning, I had quite a build-uo. When I came out to go to work one cold (25 degrees) morning, the inside of my windshield was as frosted up as the outside. I had to scrape off an area to see through. When the inside frost finally melted, water drops ran down the glass and left a streaky mess. Fortunately, it all cleaned off with Windex pretty easy.

J.R.

I didn't see this mentioned. I use Invisible Glass (a bottled glass cleaner) and it cuts through the residue in nothing flat, leaving no streaks or marks. And I'm just using an old kitchen dish towel to wipe it off, so nothing special there.

1 part white vinegar in 3 parts water also does a fantastic job of cleaning windows and can cut through almost anything. I avoid ammonia because I hate the smell (and definitely never mix it with vinegar).

Huckleberried

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2013
Louisville, KY, USA
This would be my first fall/winter vaping. Since I'm just noticing this myself, I believe it's vaping, just like the nasty gunk when I smoked. I have found it's easier to clean off the windshield than the crap from smoking. So my question is, as much as vaping can make you thirsty, could the exhale or vapor from vaping attach to the windshield, attract moisture, which causes some people's windows to fog and stay fogged...... even frosted, as some have said? Just thoughts. I'm definitely no Bill Nye. My boyfriend thinks he is, but I'm leaving him out of this conversation. His post would be much longer than mine.

Wow1420

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2013
Somewhere out there
It definitely is from vaping in cold weather. I have an old car and I've never had this much trouble keeping the window clean. (Never smoked in this car).

The film cleans up ok with some dollar store window cleaner.

It was a bit warmer this week and I didn't have nearly as much trouble with fogging and smeary build up. There was some, but not as bad as during the cold spell.

eeevilyn.

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2012
WI
The residue drives me nuts. Almost everyday I have to clean it, now that it's winter. I have ArmorAll glass wipes. They work but of course I can't leave them in the car where it would be handy because they freeze. I also thought there was something wrong with my car when I first had the problem last year when I first started vaping.

omyeyes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2013
Las Vapors, NV
get a garbage bag tie a piece of 6' piece of 3/4" vinyl hose, in the top of the bag, duct tape it in there nice and tight. Put the bag in the back floor board exhale in the hose now the vapor will dissipate in the bag. Problem solved for less than 10$;-)

That's when you'll know you're a Redneck!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread