Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
Is it new? I never shopped on eBay for e-cigs supplies.
Yeah, it's new. They did have tons of vape related items listed. I've bought several things from there such as used mods, custom drip tips, and supplies like wire. It was a good resource to find used high end Facebook only mods and some other hard to find things.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Yeah, it's new. They did have tons of vape related items listed. I've bought several things from there such as used mods, custom drip tips, and supplies like wire. It was a good resource to find used high end Facebook only mods and some other hard to find things.

Yeah but it's not been allowed per eBay policy for years.

People were selling anyway, but if you got reported for it your vape related items would get removed by eBay..

The way eBay looks lately I'd say eBay finally cracked down on it across the board... but their policy isn't any different now than it has been for about 4 years now. (I think that was about when the major policy change was and many/most legitimate vape shops stopped selling on eBay)

Also, PayPal made their change then too, you cannot use PayPal for any vape or tobacco related purchases for about 4 years..

Last edited:

DarrenMG

ECF Veteran
May 9, 2015
Vaping products have long been a pseudo no-no on Amazon. A few accessories are allowed to slip through. Last time I bought 40 some pre-made coils, they were listed as something like 'used for radio frequency experiments' or something like that. Yea, because well everyone needs fused clapton coils for radio frequency uses!

Reactions: stols001

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
Yeah but it's not been allowed per eBay policy for years.

People were selling anyway, but if you got reported for it your vape related items would get removed by eBay..

The way eBay looks lately I'd say eBay finally cracked down on it across the board... but their policy isn't any different now than it has been for about 4 years now. (I think that was about when the major policy change was and many/most legitimate vape shops stopped selling on eBay)

Also, PayPal made their change then too, you cannot use PayPal for any vape or tobacco related purchases for about 4 years..
I knew that nicotine was banned, but they had a category labeled "e-cigarette" until a day or two ago. I don't think they would have a category listed for a product that they don't allow. As long as it did not contain nicotine, it was ok to sell. I kept an eye on the rules for a while since I have been selling vape accessories on there for a couple years now.

Reactions: stols001

BigPappa

Ultra Member
Sep 21, 2019
Fort Myers, FL
Well that stinks! I am glad I am done stocking up as I got a ton of stuff from ebay... I currently have 3 vape related ebay orders on the slowboat.

EDIT: When I go through my past orders and click on stuff, the items are still for sale... maybe they're censoring the search??

EDIT #2: When I search for things like coils, I am getting a few results, but nowhere near what I used to.

EDIT #3: Just noticed, the results that are showing up are only sponsored listings that vendors have paid for, they must not have gotten that far in their cleanup.

Last edited:

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
When I go through my past orders and click on stuff, the items are still for sale... maybe they're censoring the search??
I would say that, like @Izan pointed out, it is a US restriction. I would say the listings would still appear for other countries, like maybe Canada, so they didn't pull the listings themselves down but rather restrict who can search them according to country. My listings didn't get pulled down, but I can't find them in a search. So I'm manually ending my listings myself.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
IDK, I just did this search. Maybe it's search related on keywords because this is on DNA 75
ebay DNA example.JPG

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
IDK, I just did this search. Maybe it's search related on keywords because this is on DNA 75
View attachment 844395
It was everything in the e-cigarette category. There are still a few random items listed, but 99% of the stuff is gone.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Domestically. I use PayPal all the time when I shop overseas.

Yes.. but have you noticed the PayPal receipts? They will only include the order number and not the object you purchased if it's vape related..

your PayPal receipt looks slightly different than the store receipt as a result..

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Ebay Canada does not allow the sale of vape products. To my knowledge, the policy has been in place for both US and Canada for some time. There are sellers who do not comply to the policies, and I am sure there are challenges to policing. There may also be accessories such as drip tips that may not fall under the regulations.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
I knew that nicotine was banned, but they had a category labeled "e-cigarette" until a day or two ago. I don't think they would have a category listed for a product that they don't allow. As long as it did not contain nicotine, it was ok to sell. I kept an eye on the rules for a while since I have been selling vape accessories on there for a couple years now.

I'm a seller on eBay, this policy was implemented long ago..

This was in Febuary 2015:

Confused about eBay Tobacco Policy - The eBay Community

I was contacted by an eBay customer service representative informing me that my ecig materials were against the TOS policy and as a result, my listings were taken down. He didn't explain much, he just told me to look at the eBay policy and told me to figure out what i can and can't sell from there

BigPappa

Ultra Member
Sep 21, 2019
Fort Myers, FL
I'm a seller on eBay, this policy was implemented long ago..
But obviously not enforced, because up till a couple of days ago, I could have sworn that ebay.com was on it's way to changing it's domain name to ebay-the-largest-source-for-vaping-supplies-on-the-internet.com

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
But obviously not enforced, because up till a couple of days ago, I could have sworn that ebay.com was on it's way to changing it's domain name to ebay-the-largest-source-for-vaping-supplies-on-the-internet.com

As I said before, all legitimate shops stopped selling when the policy over ecigs first came into effect. That doesn't mean some people still didn't sell anyway, they just played the averages that eBay couldn't police everything and hoped they could sell a few things before the ad was taken down by eBay..

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON

There are many complaints and or inquiries found on the internet, some dating back a few years in regards to Ebay’s vape policies. There are also some who feel Ebay shows favoritism, thus turning a blind eye for large volume sellers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread