Vaping again - tank suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crankkt

Sep 28, 2015
Newfoundland
So it has been several years since I quit smoking. I vaped for a few months and then gave that up as well. I've started smoking again in the last few months. I pulled out my old vaping stuff but it has been a few years and I feel rather overwhelmed. A lot seems to have changed. I'm looking for a new tank. I have an eleaf 50 and a mvp 3 pro for mods. The tanks I have is a subtank, nautilus mini and an aspire k1. The subtank leaked and never performed right so I used the nautilus mini mostly. I cleaned it out, put a new coil, added juice and let it sit. The next day I go to vape on it and I find myself hacking. I've had the watts from 7 to 20 and don't find much of a difference. The k1 tank doesn't make me cough but is a cheap tank and doesn't do the trick.

I'm looking for a tank that will pair with a mvp 3 pro or eleaf 50. Something on the cheaper side of things and that can be found in a B&M store locally (I live in the boonies....lol). Any suggestions appreciated.

Reactions: stols001

dom qp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
South Central... Ontario
Hello b'y

The coughing might be caused by using old liquid, it ain't a bottle o screech y'know. Won't keep will it.

If I was you, i'd pick up an all in one device. You get get something like an Ego AiO for like $20 and it will include the mod and tank.

Either way, you should go to that shop and see what they have in stock. No point in us suggesting stuff if they don't carry it. They'll be able to walk you through any of the new changes you aren't aware of as well.

Just walk in and have a time b'y.

Novasonic

Nov 26, 2013
Ohio, US
I feel rather overwhelmed.
No need to. For some reason vape equipment can be intimidating, and even reading about it, you end up with more questions than answers. Hit the local vape store and talk to someone who is willing to give you the run down on how to start back up again. Befoe you know it, you'll be back in the game. It's sometimes just better to have someone explain in person.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
I’m a huge eleaf fan. I love stuff that lasts and lasts. I know what you’re saying about the K1s, they work and don’t leak, cheap too, but just don’t give a ton of satisfaction.

I agree you need to ditch the old juice. I don’t know what’s available at your vape shops, but I live in the corn and beans district, and there’s not much to pick from here either. I shop online mostly.

You should be able to find an Atlantis though. I have an older one, and it works very well, no leaks, good coil life, good flavor, and the coils are readily available. Not too spendy.

I recently got a Vapresso Tarot nano kit online, and I’m in love with that. Comes with a Veco tank which some don’t like due to it’s smaller capacity. But the whole flip top fill is new to me, top air flow too, and that is really working for me. So far anyway, because I can’t say about how long the could will last or how easy to come by they are.

I got a Herakles III as well. Jury’s still out on that. I had to YouTube how to fill it without leakage, but it’s easy enough. I just need to dial it in so I’m getting the best potential out of it.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
@Crankkt - Well, there's nothing wrong with using your 2 mods you already have, if they still work well and hold a charge. I know several people who still use them and some who just started.

From the tanks you have, and the wattage you vape at, it sounds like you're a MTL vaper who's a "Tootle Puffer" (likes low wattage and above 1.0ohm vaping). There are many of us on ECF like that. There's even a whole, long, discussion going on for us!

It's possible that your tank(s) will perform well and be fine...with new coils and definitely some new eliquid. If you're looking for new tanks that are for a similar style of vaping, you most likely won't find them in a local vape shop though. Most of them don't really carry much for MTL vapers, nor for Tootle Puffers. Best bet would be to go online for something, IMO.

A couple other fairly inexpensive MTL tanks that many have liked and they take drop-in factory coils are: the eGo ONE tanks (various sizes, but not super easy to find now) and the Innokin Prism tanks (2 sizes & usually less than $10 now). In fact, MyFreedomSmokes has the Prisms in both sizes in their Clearance section now for IIRC $8.95 each. Some people still love the TopTank Minis, too, which are running about $10 now, in some website Clearance sections.

ETA: About the STM leaking problem...perhaps you just need new o-rings. They're still available in some shops, but definitely are online for cheap.

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Yes, you probably need to replace your juice. Old eliquid can be very harsh (and on occasion, bad to inhale). I'd say your body's reaction may be telling you about the fact that it doesn't like your liquid.

I returned to vaping after a time and it was intimidating at first. If you want to stay MTL (less vapor, inhaling like a cigarette) some less "elderly" tanks (although I know there are folks out there still enjoying the mini) well, you could look at the Innoken Zenith tank, just a very solid large capacity MTL tank, (4 ml or so) and you can get 1.6 and 0.8 coils, it's an easy topfill and just a solid tank with great flavor (the 1.6 coil does have a break in period, where the flavor is a bit muted at first). Coils last forever.

There's also the Nautilus 2, takes the same coils as the nautilus, not sure how much improvement you may find over the Nmini, however.

There is the Nicholas Vapefly tank that doesn't get talked about a ton, but I rather liked it. It's bit more "cloudy" MTL tank, and comes with a 1.6 (I believe? might be 1.8 coil and a 0.6 coil) not everyone totally loves it however.

There are the Tron S tanks and the Ego Mega One V2 tanks, both take 4 ml capacity but the magic is in the coil (you do have to bottom fill and buy the right coil for these tanks, which would be the Joytech CLR coil, it comes in 1.0 and 0.5 resistance, the 1.0 coil is just a flavor monster, the coils last a long time, and can easily rewick the coil or even rebuild it if you so desire. They're fairly easy bottom fill, and one of my favorite set of drop in coil tanks.

Hopefully some of that may get you started. For ease of use coupled with flavor and coil longevity, I might seriously consider the Zenith if you want a new tank.

Best of luck and I hope vaping works for you this time :)

Anna

Crankkt

Sep 28, 2015
Newfoundland
I stopped into the shop today and showed them what I have been using. I bought some coils for the Nautilus mini that I have, as they suggested the same as all of you. I did also ask for another tank that was easy to use, cheap and that I wouldn't need to purchase another mod. They suggested the Nautilus 2 ($30)(@stols001 something to keep in mind for future) and a melo 4($40).

I bought the melo 4 to try something different. Quite a bit different than the nautilus and k1. Using it on the mvp pro at 30 watts and boy is there a difference. Not sure if that is what I am after lol. I think I might be a so called tootle puffer @JCinFLA (also found some O rings that I purchased online before. Worth a shot) .

As for the all-in-one @dom qp , I noticed an aspire breeze there b'y. But didn't notice if there was more. I watched a couple other videos of them and I think i'll like them for their simplicity. (Vape shop was a good stop for a yarn, b'y)

@Novasonic Still overwhelmed.... but less lol

@DeloresRose Something comforting about the simple things, they do seem to last longer. And when you're not close to things that seems to be a bit more important.

In the past I can remember using canvape and fasttech for online purchases? Any new/more popular/ cheaper(love cheaper lol) sites I should check out?

Thanks very much for all the responses. It was greatly appreciated.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
I have ordered from both FastTech and Gearbest multiple times and never had an issue until now. I have an order from FT that was "processed through" China Post back on March 30th and that has been the last update. Of course this isn't FT's fault, but I am starting to get a bit worried. I usually have my shipments by now, but this one doesn't seem to have even left China yet.

March 30, 2018, 7:12 pm
Processed Through Facility
BEIJING EMS, CHINA

• Optimistic

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
I have ordered from both FastTech and Gearbest multiple times and never had an issue until now. I have an order from FT that was "processed through" China Post back on March 30th and that has been the last update. Of course this isn't FT's fault, but I am starting to get a bit worried. I usually have my shipments by now, but this one doesn't seem to have even left China yet.

March 30, 2018, 7:12 pm
Processed Through Facility
BEIJING EMS, CHINA
Mine from April 1 is showing the same. We need to talk more people into needing stuff so that the intermodal container fills up and they send it!

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
I stopped into the shop today and showed them what I have been using. I bought some coils for the Nautilus mini that I have, as they suggested the same as all of you. I did also ask for another tank that was easy to use, cheap and that I wouldn't need to purchase another mod. They suggested the Nautilus 2 ($30)(@stols001 something to keep in mind for future) and a melo 4($40).

I bought the melo 4 to try something different. Quite a bit different than the nautilus and k1. Using it on the mvp pro at 30 watts and boy is there a difference. Not sure if that is what I am after lol. I think I might be a so called tootle puffer @JCinFLA (also found some O rings that I purchased online before. Worth a shot) .

As for the all-in-one @dom qp , I noticed an aspire breeze there b'y. But didn't notice if there was more. I watched a couple other videos of them and I think i'll like them for their simplicity. (Vape shop was a good stop for a yarn, b'y)

@Novasonic Still overwhelmed.... but less lol

@DeloresRose Something comforting about the simple things, they do seem to last longer. And when you're not close to things that seems to be a bit more important.

In the past I can remember using canvape and fasttech for online purchases? Any new/more popular/ cheaper(love cheaper lol) sites I should check out?

Thanks very much for all the responses. It was greatly appreciated.

I’m just starting to buy new toys after a long time coasting in my old gear.

But I’ll invite you to pop in on the Shinyitis thread. Those guys will have a link to anything that exists.

I think that’s where I heard about vapecrawler - if you know what you want, you can find where it’s sold through their search. Very dangerous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread