Status
Not open for further replies.

leekeylee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2014
Hull, UK
Hi all,

UK vapour here, I was wondering what you guys use on your windscreen inside your car to stop a build up and misting/smearing on your screen and internal windows

I am finding if I clean the inside of my windscreen with soapy water and a leather to get it clean within a few days it is misting back up again

Thanks in advance for your responses

Reactions: stols001

Ahoy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2012
Philly
I usually have to wipe my windows down once every 2-3 weeks due to the VG build up on my windows from vaping. Normally this only happens in the winter time though, during the summer I don't have many issues at all. I really haven't found a way around the build-up on the windows.

Even if I crack my windows slightly it normally still builds up. I'd rather have a small buildup that I have to clean off then freeze my a** off in my own car while I vape with the windows down more than a crack.

• Agree

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
I've posted about this more than once. I've used vinegar, rubbing alcohol, and several types of window cleaner and no matter what I do I end up having to scrub my windows several times to eliminate all of the smearing and streaking.

My solution?...

I no longer vape in my car, except for maybe a low-volume device like a pod or Juul, and even then it's hold-the-vapor-in-till-there's-nearly-nothing-to-exhale-even-with-the-window-down.

Not worth the time or effort.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
It is worth my effort. So worth it. I don't even crack a window most of the time, because it interferes with my awesome music going on and etc.

Of course, when my son had asthma, that was the one place I could never stop smoking either. The car. I always pretty much had a non smoking house, but I couldn't beat the car.

I felt so bad about it because of his health issues , but I just couldn't darn it. I felt even worse when as an adult, he told me that he was repeatedly questioned by adults and peers about being a smoker, because he smelled like smoke.

Vive vaping! And the other good harm reduction methods available to us and to each his own but if I couldn't do some serious deep breathing in my car, I doubt it would be possible for me to remain CALM in a car. I think.

If cancer, a heart attack, and neglecting my own child weren't going to stop me, I sincerely doubt some smeary windows are going to stop me vaping and etc.

Anna

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
I've tried all sorts. What works best for me is Dawn. Wash then wipe with a clean microfiber cloth. Right now it's 12F outside so I just live with weekly cleaning.

Some folks have said a dilute alcohol solution works pretty well. Never tried that though.

To me the key is to wash then wipe with a clean dry cloth. Anything that dissolves it will just evaporate and leave the VG in place.

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
Vape clouds cause Cheech & Chong syndrome inside the automobile.

One thing I liked about vaping at first was it was practical to avoid the deafening "wrrrrrrrr" noise of the cracked window to vacuum cigarette smoke out while driving.

I'm not a clouder so build up is not really an issue. I have hearing loss in my left ear from driving left hand drive vehicles with the window cracked for years. It's nice and peaceful now. Sometimes I will crack the passenger window at times I see my exhale looming around the windshield.

4mehealth

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2011
canada
I use Stoner's Invisible Glass cleaner and a microfiber cloth. That works well for me. Not too much effort.

On item that helped me (decrease the frquency/ amount of buildup) was to keep a sock of kitty litter silica in the car. That helped suck up some of that moisture from my vape.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

sake1bs

ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
nyc
I use those nano towels from amazon pack of 4 for $25. first got it for my iMac glass it was so annoying to clean would always take off glass then clean it and put it back and would always see streaks so it was like a 3 or 4 time process. I started using these towels and they work great so I keep one in the car and works great at removing the haze and doesn't smear it, and it can even be used dry which makes it very convenient

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
upload_2019-1-21_14-39-50.png

• Agree
Reactions: Eskie

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
Sunroof. Tipped up at the rear. And don't blow giant cloudz in the car. ;)

Mr Clean Magic Eraser followed by Zep Foaming Glass Cleaner because I don’t have a sunroof and love some giant clouds in the car. (I do crack the window because, well, it’s generally a good idea to be able to see where you’re going ;) )

And, I’m with @stols001 on this, it is so worth it :thumb:

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
I don’t have a sunroof
I find the lack of a sunroof disturbing.

Seriously. I own one car without a sunroof and the fact that it doesn't have it annoys me like the lack of vent windows did when those went away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread