Vaping in Public places indoor. Do you do it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnnyVsGirl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2012
Las Vegas, NV
I vaped at the unemployment office the other day. Whomever said blow it in your sleeve that doesn't work. So I tried blowing it down my top then the rather inept security guard said my chest was smoking. I told him it was some Altoids I ate. Thankfully he fell for it. I've been working on a getting a grant from the state for some IT certifications which means I get to spend an hour or so in a government office...blech.

I did vape at Whole Foods last week and blew it into my mimosa. vaping Rawr Hawaii Sunrise while drinking a 3 glass mimosa flight at Whole Foods is heavenly.

Ashlee Foltz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I haven't done a lot of public vaping indoors as of yet, but I plan to. I pulled it out in my friends car the other day and she gave me a weird look and said "I can't smell that at all! What is it?" So I explained everything to her and she was totally exited that I had quit the stinkies and was on a better path to health. I vaped at the local brick and mortar if that counts lol. I figure, the worst that can happen is they ask me to stop and put it away. No harm no foul.

I'm quite lucky because I can vape in public.

I openly vape in public basketball courts and no one has told me off so far. I can vape at my station in the office without getting reprimanded and also without getting the evil eyes from my co-workers. The thing that I appreciate the most is being able to vape inside malls!

GiddyLydia

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 22, 2010
Kentucky
I never ask first, that's just inviting a "no". And so far, I've never been asked to stop, including airports, seated in flight, restaurants, movies, etc.

Here's the thing: What's the first tip somebody is smoking, even before you see them? It stinks. Nobody really cares if some stranger is killing themselves with cigarettes, it's obnoxious, so get it out of the air I'm breathing!

Without the stench, and assuming you are not using a device that looks like it wants to be a cigarette (do we really need the glowy tip?), few people pay much attention to vaping because there's no aspect of it that is about them.

Last edited:
I haven't vaped much in public as of yet, however today I went into Target with my fiancé to get her some cocoa butter for her belly, and I vaped a little bit when there wasn't a large crowd around, and I didn't get any attention whatsoever. I really don't see what the issue would be, considering that in all tests that have been done, the conclusive results read that the amount of nicotine present in the vapor clouds we exhale is negligible, and generally less than the amount you might find in say: a tomato, potato, eggplant, or cauliflower. I think a handful of us should get together in a place like say: a mall, and organize a booth to simply inform people on vaping, what it is, what the vapor is, and how it is harmless to those around the vaper.

Sugarfoot

ECF Veteran
Nov 5, 2011
One Step Beyond
I spent Spring and Summer in various places around SoCal and Washington vaping all over, sometimes with a Provari, often with a ss ego and carto. Also been to a dozen music festivals (Blues) and vaped inside and outside (usually after a few beers and reduced inhibitions.) NOT ONCE has anyone complained or called me on it. It's even "illegal" in King County, WA. In fact, it seems I'm somewhat of a vaping evangelist since quite a few times I've been asked what it is and how it works. My impression is that if doesn't look or smell like tobacco, people leave well enough alone.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Of course, I don't always blow huge vapor clouds
:p
If I can't blow a nice cloud of vaper then I am not enjoying the act of vaping.
And if I'm not enjoying the act of vaping, then vaping becomes useless to me in most situations.

The satisfaction of having a vape after a good meal? Gone.
The enjoyment of having a vape with a few beers? Gone.
The usefulness of having a vape to combat stress? Gone.
The importance of having a vape while mentally working my way through a tough problem? Gone.

So yeah, if a person just needs nicotine, no problem to get that fix without the clouds.
But for me, nicotine is just a small part of a much bigger picture.

If I can't blow a nice cloud of vaper then I am not enjoying the act of vaping.
And if I'm not enjoying the act of vaping, then vaping becomes useless to me in most situations.

The satisfaction of having a vape after a good meal? Gone.
The enjoyment of having a vape with a few beers? Gone.
The usefulness of having a vape to combat stress? Gone.
The importance of having a vape while mentally working my way through a tough problem? Gone.

So yeah, if a person just needs nicotine, no problem to get that fix without the clouds.
But for me, nicotine is just a small part of a much bigger picture.

I concur!!!

avonjon

Oct 4, 2012
United States
I vape at work. I do my South Beach Smoke from 1pm - 5pm when the day crew leaves I break out my SuperEgo and vape flavors. I try not to attract to much attention during the day and the South Beach Smoke doesn't have an odor.

I had an e-cig in my hand on a plane and was asked to put it away. I explained to the steward what it was but he just said put it away so I went in the bathroom and vaped it.

nanovapr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2011
Catatonic State, USA
I vape in public places, usually asking permission. If it is close seating, I usually do not, so that i don't have to go through the complete spiel.

{snip}
Of course I always challenge police on what they say since most cannot tell a chevrolet from a cow.
{/snop}

I usually do not.

kwalka

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2012
Clearwater, Florida
walkers-finest.com
I have been vaping in public a lot lately. I just got back from the mall with the fam, and I sat in the food court blowing clouds from my Penelope and Provari. There was a middle aged couple that looked like they just wandered out of the woods sitting a couple tables away. They kept staring, and he actually had to turn around to get a closer look a few times. So when we were leaving I walked by and said it's a vaporizer, I'm not smoking. They smiled and said we couldn't figure out why nobody wasn't saying anything.

I vape in public everyday... but don't always vape where cigs are banned. I think most people still think I'm smoking (OTHER STUFF) because a lot of people use vaporizers out here in SoCal that look like ecigs. Even while at my local vape shop a lady came in and asked the owners if it was ok for her to vape her "(STUFF)" in the store and they let her out of a device that looked just like an eGo. I don't smoke (OTHER STUFF)........., so it's a little bothersome that people think I'm a (EDITED) in public... but it's still not going to stop me from enjoying vaping on a daily basis.
Anyone else experience this?

Last edited by a moderator:

flaming_monkeys

Oct 8, 2012
Michigan
I vape (stealth) at work even though specifically in our "Handbook" it says that the use of PV's is prohibited, there are quite a few of us that do it and there are even a few managers that do it. I specifically asked my manager and he said he doesn't have a problem as long as I'm not blowing huge clouds, he even said he'd back me up if HR somehow found out, we think it's ridiculous that they'll pay for nicotine patches and gum but won't let us use PV's which we paid for. The HR department set this rule and no one else cares.

I have also vaped openly in the locker room at drop-in hockey. I got a few looks from the older gentlemen there, but when one asked about it (very politely I might add), I gave my little spiel and everyone seemed to have more questions, where to get one, how to use one, etc.

Jman8

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Wisconsin
I used to ask and get denied about 70% of the time.

Now, if I'm in public place with people, I usually don't do it. Sometimes I'll stealth vape, but it is rare.

Today while visiting doctor's office and having to wait in the room like they always make you, I vaped with just a slight amount of hesitation. If I'm in a public place where other people aren't, I'll vape and likely not even ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread