Status
Not open for further replies.

bushmaster

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2010
Colville, WA
Zero degrees at the house this morning--10 below up on the logging site.
Skidder broke down just about at daybreak and had to mechanic the rest of the day.
My REO bottle was stiff and my juice flowed like sludge to the point where I unwittingly burnt my cotton wick in half. I thought my REO would be ok in those temps in my front shirt pocket but not so. My co-worker pointed out to me that a Bic lighter under the same circumstances often refuses to flame up. I had to find a way to vape on the way home, so I poked the burned off tufts of the wick under the coil and it worked well enough to get me home.
It was a long day.:)

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
Zero degrees at the house this morning--10 below up on the logging site.
Skidder broke down just about at daybreak and had to mechanic the rest of the day.
My REO bottle was stiff and my juice flowed like sludge to the point where I unwittingly burnt my cotton wick in half. I thought my REO would be ok in those temps in my front shirt pocket but not so. My co-worker pointed out to me that a Bic lighter under the same circumstances often refuses to flame up. I had to find a way to vape on the way home, so I poked the burned off tufts of the wick under the coil and it worked well enough to get me home.
It was a long day.:)

Oh my! That does not sound fun!

Maybe you need a little hand warmer packet to put in your pocket with your REO!

Be careful out there sweetie!

Funk Dracula

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2013
Earth
Would it make sense to adjust to a more PG heavy liquid when anticipating being in the frigid outdoors? I could be off my rocker, but doesn't PG have a really low freezing point, hence why it was a suitable substitute for a toxic ingredient in anti-freeze?

I'm an all VG person myself (well 90% because my flavoring is PG) but I'd deal with PG if I had to.

-B

Justice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2011
The part of Canada that doesn't get enuf Snow :(
Would it make sense to adjust to a more PG heavy liquid when anticipating being in the frigid outdoors? I could be off my rocker, but doesn't PG have a really low freezing point, hence why it was a suitable substitute for a toxic ingredient in anti-freeze?

I'm an all VG person myself (well 90% because my flavoring is PG) but I'd deal with PG if I had to.

-B

pg freeze point is about -60 and vg is -37f so not likely an issue yet :lol: but they do both get thicker in the cold past few days here I've just made sure to keep mine in an inside pocket so close to the body :lol:

bushmaster

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2010
Colville, WA

-B

Good idea but I'm already an 80/20 pg/vg vaper. Ya know.....it doesn't freeze, it just thickens to the point where it flows poorly if at all.

mackman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
NorCal
How bout one of those pocket hand warmers

hand warmer.jpg

bushmaster

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2010
Colville, WA
Handwarmer and socks are both really good ideas. I'll keep them in mind.
I was kind of hoping to hear comments from fellow vapers back in Minnesota(where I was born and raised), Montana or Alaska--places where it really gets cold.
Outdoor vaping has got to be a challenge in those states when the mercury drops to the bottom of the glass.

Justice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2011
The part of Canada that doesn't get enuf Snow :(
Milwaukee makes heated jackets and hand warmers that run on 12 volt Li rechargeables. Not cheap but would definitely work.

I was looking at them the other day. Only thing is I wouldn't get a whole lot of use out of it but some days yep it would be nice like today it would have been great :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread