Vapor Flask V2 clone .. who do we buy this mod from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikkita6

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
New York
Well I am a few hours into using the V3 Flask, and no problems at all. :) I will probably set my TP down from 450F just so I can see how well the TP cuts in when I am about to exceed the temperature limit.

Its been so long since I used to the rDNA that I need to go check my notes, there is one difference between the clone and the authentic Evolv in terms of value displays, but I need to make sure of what I am talking about before I post it .. all in all I am totally pleased with this chip, impressed is more like it. I have said in jest many times that it would be hilarious if China nailed what Evolv stumbled a lot with, and I think it just may have come to pass.

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
You guys can keep the snow. 42 degrees here in Montana with 50's coming the end of the week. Not much snow left down in the valleys.

HD

We're at 17 degrees with 35mph wind gusts. miserable out there. So cold I cant get the Bobcat to start. Got to go back out after the battery charges in an hour or two & try to get it to start again. Low tonight is 8 degrees! Miserable!

Last edited:

HDMontana

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2014
Montana
We're at 17 degrees with 35mph wind gusts. miserable out there. So cold I cant get the Bobcat to start. Got to go back out after the battery charges in an hour or two & try to get it to start again. Low tonight is 8 degrees! Miserable!
You should have been here in Montana about a month ago. Went through a few days of highs below zero and night temps around 25 below. Now we have a week off 40 degree weather coming. Go figure.

HD

Nikkita6

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
New York
Why the heck can't they get that 510 lined up with the air channel? :)

I'm so close to pulling the trigger on that USB model to beat the CNY delay, but just as soon as I do, you can be sure a 1:1 clone with TC will show up.

That and why is the USB port so high up on the body??

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
Cradle size probably.

Re 1:1 clone: Gina from 3F sent me this on Monday in response to My question below:

Has the VF V3 1:1 w/ TC met your expectations since you received it the other day? (They were getting samples on Saturday).

So far so good. We need two more days for testing. We need to know if this product could work stable after a long time. Please understand.

I now understand that they wanted to raise the price point on Kangxin w/usb & wait a little while then introduce the 1:1 even higher would be my guess. Just hoping they don't go too high.

Last edited:

Croak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2012
Right behind you...
That and why is the USB port so high up on the body??

Looks a little better on the red, blue and silver photos, but that just tells me it's going to be a crapshoot on whether one comes lined up properly or not. Then again, if you recall, the real VF had that same issue for some folks.

Nikkita6

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
New York
Cigabuy just sent me a tracking number for the Hana DNA40TC. At least I got 1 TC Clone in transit! Finally!

Nice .. all of this waiting can be quite aggravating for sure. In fact, I never intended to get the Kangxin Flask, its just that I have been waiting FOREVER for Waidea to get theirs out, and once I heard on AAEC that Kangxin was out and working, pfft, I was on it.

Speaking of Waidea, I spoke to Summer last night who also sent me two photos of their Vapor Flask production sample ... well, it ain't 1:1. First, the top plate is thicker than the real Flask, its thick like the Yiloong Flask is. Second, the battery caps are actually sitting outside the body and similar to the battery cap on the ipv Mini. Now ... before I panic, about these battery caps which are nothing like a real flask, I am leaving some room the possibility that further revisions are being made because Summer wouldn't let me see the front, only two shots of the back with the Flask sitting on a desk.

Summer promised to send me more pics later this week of the "more finished product" , but we'll see as Summer has been promising me many things since November :glare: .. All that being said, the Waidea Flask is also made out of stainless steel as per Summer, which I like, but its yet another thing that takes it away from being 1:1.

I wonder who made Cigabuy's dna 40 Hana? because I know that Waidea makes one of these also ...

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
Yeah I skyped with Summer more than a few times and you can get some info out of him but it is like pulling teeth, often contradictory & seems ultimately unreliable. He promised me a sample on 23rd & 27th & was completely unreachable for days afterward. Finally I just stopped trying.

Never could figure out how he could have that unit in the video in his hands back in November & still not be able to provide samples at end of January. Something wrong there! Never saw problems with the top plate or battery caps that I noticed in the video.

Can you post the production sample pics? Did Summer give you any info on the chip beyond works like original?

Last edited:

Nikkita6

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
New York
Yeah I skyped with Summer more than a few times and you can get some info out of him but it is like pulling teeth, often contradictory & seems ultimately unreliable. He promised me a sample on 23rd & 27th & was completely unreachable for days afterward. Finally I just stopped trying.

Never could figure out how he could have that unit in the video in his hands back in November & still not be able to provide samples at end of January. Something wrong there! Never saw problems with the top plate or battery caps that I noticed in the video.

Can you post the production sample pics? Did Summer give you any info on the chip beyond works like original?

Oh I can help you with that one ... The Flask in the video is the authentic Vapor Flask which they are making the clone from, that was not the clone in the video. :glare: Yes, that was very misleading to everyone watching and I told him that he needed to specify that he was using the authentic Flask in the video.

Well at least you know that you are not alone, I have been given 12/12, 12/22, 1/19, end of January and the last thing he told me was he would be able to send it this week. The pictures he sent me last night were questionable, but I need to see this through to end :p Funny thing is when he saw that I posted unboxing pics of the Kangxin on Facebook he skyped me right away :laugh:

The only details that he gave me regarding this chip is that the board is slightly different from their Hana Clone DNA 40, but I have never seen pictures of their Flask chip. I didn't want to post the production sample because I thought it might be damaging to anticipation .. seriously. So keep in mind that I have been promised "better pics" later this week which he claims he will take for me before sending the sample. I just hope these are not the battery caps they are using in the final production :(

x0F5Ncp.jpg

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
Oh I can help you with that one ... The Flask in the video is the authentic Vapor Flask which they are making the clone from, that was not the clone in the video. :glare: Yes, that was very misleading to everyone watching and I told him that he needed to specify that he was using the authentic Flask in the video.

Well at least you know that you are not alone, I have been given 12/12, 12/22, 1/19, end of January and the last thing he told me was he would be able to send it this week. The pictures he sent me last night were questionable, but I need to see this through to end :p Funny thing is when he saw that I posted unboxing pics of the Kangxin on Facebook he skyped me right away :laugh:

The only details that he gave me regarding this chip is that the board is slightly different from their Hana Clone DNA 40, but I have never seen pictures of their Flask chip. I didn't want to post the production sample because I thought it might be damaging to anticipation .. seriously. So keep in mind that I have been promised "better pics" later this week which he claims he will take for me before sending the sample. I just hope these are not the battery caps they are using in the final production :(

x0F5Ncp.jpg

Summer told me that was their unit in video.

I had thought that might be the authentic in the video & that might be the case but was giving him the benefit of the doubt. Knew when he couldn't produce pics or video of the temp control in operation he was full of ....! That explains why 3F has been delaying & may also explain why they delisted the 1:1s completely after receiving the production sample.

Now I'm ...... that I didn't just go w/ the Kangxin from 3F. Those battery caps are a joke! How hard could it be to make a 1:1 copy of a battery cap? Is that a brass fire button? Stainless Steel construction is intriguing, but I find it hard to believe they would be able to maintain the price point he was quoting me. Looks like ss top cap brushed aluminum body.

Thanks for the feedback & I would be appreciative if you could keep me in loop as things develop.

Last edited:

Nikkita6

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
New York
Summer told me that was their unit in video.

I had thought that might be the authentic in the video & that might be the case but was giving him the benefit of the doubt. Knew when he couldn't produce pics or video of the temp control in operation he was full of ....! That explains why 3F has been delaying & may also explain why they delisted the 1:1s completely after receiving the production sample.

Now I'm ...... that I didn't just go w/ the Kangxin from 3F. Those battery caps are a joke! How hard could it be to make a 1:1 copy of a battery cap? Is that a brass fire button? Stainless Steel construction is intriguing, but I find it hard to believe they would be able to maintain the price point he was quoting me. Looks like ss top cap brushed aluminum body.

Thanks for the feedback & I would be appreciative if you could keep me in loop as things develop.

Oh that is shady because I can promise you that is a real Vapor Flask in his video and in all of the promotional photos on their alibaba site. You have every right to be angry, and we were in similar situations. I actually found the Kangxin clone BEFORE I found Waidea back in late November. Based on Waidea's photos and their "intent" to do a 1:1 clone I crossed Kangxin off my list and just focused on Waidea instead ... clearly that did not pay off because whose clones did I end up with first? :glare:

Once I saw that Kangxin was actually getting it into peoples hands I figured it would be better to have both any way so I went for it ... glad I did because at this point it is clear that Waidea cannot be trusted by their word. I think you should do the same at this point hun. :(

And please baby Jesus let those be "temporary" battery caps used for testing the production sample :unsure:

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
Like I said, keep me posted. Obvious Summer can't be trusted but don't mention we communicated. I've got my Hana coming &, that will hold me over till Summer either comes through or not. The more I think about it, I sort of like the idea of a stainless steel version over a fully 1:1 device. It would be kind of different. So long as it has the single slotted 510 w/ the self adjusting pin & usb I'll be Happy.:)

I paid 3FVape $61.70 for a 1:1 device & if they can't give it to me I'll make them give me the Kangxin w/usb instead. I just wont rush to send $100 to Summer for the production sample ($35 of which was for DHL) till things pan out a little.

Those battery caps are out of the question though & Brass buttons would be a tough sell for me too.

CNY is still a concern but what will be will be!

Thanks for your help!:toast:

Last edited:

Nikkita6

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
New York
Like I said, keep me posted. Obvious Summer can't be trusted but don't mention we communicated. I've got my Hana coming &, that will hold me over till Summer either comes through or not. The more I think about it, I sort of like the idea of a stainless steel version over a fully 1:1 device. It would be kind of different. So long as it has the single slotted 510 w/ the self adjusting pin I'll be Happy.:)

I paid 3FVape $61.70 for a 1:1 device & if they can't give it to me I'll make them give me the Kangxin w/usb instead.

Those battery caps are out of the question though & Brass buttons would be a tough sell for me too.

CNY is still a concern but what will be will be!

Thanks for your help!

I will dear :) I will post as soon as I speak to him again, and I won't mention you ;-) I will give him until Thursday which is their Friday before I follow up with him again .. I agree that the stainless steel body aspect is appealing to me, which should also make it heavier. I like heavy ... but I like light too

I agree about the battery caps ... I was frozen while looking it at like "nooooooo", so again I hope that was some temporary testing stuff and not the final product. But I will update as soon as get some more info, which will hopefully be a shipping confirmation.

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
I wouldn't hold my breath on that.

See 3F just sent me an order change upgrading my Hana that I previously ordered to the vapor shark rDNA40 which was expected, but they also changed my flask to the new kangxin w/ usb charging which is a surprise. I've requested clarification.

Something tells me Summer has done it again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread