Vapor Flask V2 clone .. who do we buy this mod from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
I initially placed my order from 3F on 1/14/15 for
1) Vapor Flask dna 40 v3 Model 2101 for $68.55
1) Hana dna 35 APV Model# 1994 for $40.28
A 10% off coupon was applied to this order for a Total of $97.95

On 1/17/15 I contacted them providing manufacturers Contact information for the 1:1 VF V3 w/TC, pricing, Expected Production Sample Date Etc. I asked them to place my order on hold until they could obtain the 1:1 VF V3 w/TC & provide it to me at originally advertised price. 3FVape Agreed.

On 1/29/15 I contacted them to let them know that the Flask samples were shipping from Manufacturer & they could obtain it now and I also asked if I could upgrade the Hana DNA 35 APV Model# 1994 to the Vapor Shark RDNA40 Model: 2047 which sells for $79.99 retaining the 10% discount I originally qualified for when my order was first placed and just pay the difference.

This was the reply I received today:

Dear Tpat591,

From your message I can read that you are really a product expert. You have your own options regarding different products.

1) The companies you contacted are not manufacturers. We have direct connection with different manufacturers. Good news is we will have the DNA40 with USB charging tomorrow. We will test it and if no problem, we can send to you.

2) If you could do reviews and mention us, we could upgrade your HANA DNA35 to Vapor Shark. You could still enjoy 10% OFF which is expired already. The difference is 71.99-40.28=31.71. You only need to pay 31.71*90%=28.54. You could transfer money to paypal account: 3fvape@gmail.com directly.

Cheers,
Gina

Needless to say I sent the $28.54 Paypal payment today before someone gets out a calculator and realizes the mistake.

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
Even if they do, it's only 8 bucks, and I suspect that'll be the price going forward for those rDNA40 clones..cost of goods is probably lower than the VF clone, easier to mill that box, a lot less aluminum, and inductive charging components are pretty darn cheap.

Agreed. wasn't posted for the math. I'm just impressed with the customer Service efforts. They have gone above & beyond.

Can't fault them at all so far!

Nikkita6

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
New York
What's with the copper 510 and battery caps on the Focal version?
I can't imagine them being very durable.

That is just how Kangxin made them .. not ideal but it is what it is. Wait for the Waidea Times version, it will have a SS 510 but it will also be a little more expensive I think.

Crunchy2k

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2014
Left Coast
If they would just install the same 'Stainless 510 Connector w/ Spring-Loaded Brass Center Pin' that the iPV Mini has, we would have no problem with any of this.

And considering the price of the iPV Mini, these good 510 connectors would not increase the price hardly nothing at all.
Welllllll....nobody has taken a file to one of the copper tops to see if it isn't just a copper coat. Most of my Chinese machined parts are brass with a copper coat and chromed without a nickel layer. The screw center may be a bonus for a new nickel wire user as it gives positive contact. My VTR's self-adjusting center post always self-adjusted the ohms by a one or two tenths. I have a bad habit of changing out one of three tanks all day. Just thought I would mention that.

Crunchy2k

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2014
Left Coast
I was thinking the copper could be plating over brass but brass wouldn't be particularly ideal for durability either.
Good point! My VTR has a brass 510 connector. Some strong thumbs stripped their's and said so on this forum. I immediately put a Smok air control into those threads. $4 and ten seconds later I was vaping a year to this moment. Where there is problem, there is usually a fix. Brass is a better conductor of electricity than stainless steel. Nickel coils require clean conductivity. Copper is more so and makes sense if you are going for 0.1xx ohm builds. LOL....I'm buying into the cloner's marketing, as it makes as much sense as Evolv crippling their boards via software. Robby loves his clone board and that is enough for me.

Last edited:

tot31

ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2013
Malaysia
Good point! My VTR has a brass 510 connector. Some strong thjumbs stripped it and said so on this forum. I immediately put a Smok air control into those threads. $4 and ten seconds later I was vaping to this moment. Where there is problem, there is usually a fix. Brass is a better conductor of electricity than stainless steel. Copper is more so and makes sense if you are going for 0.1xx ohm builds.

I bought this one https://www.fasttech.com/products/1923808. This can protect the copper 510 threading. I am thinking on getting the V3 from FC. Been waiting for so long for this.

Crunchy2k

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2014
Left Coast
Nikkita6, if only you could whisper few french words into the Flushing Posting office.
Feuilles vert tendres
dans l’érable un cardinal
apparait
ta main dans mes cheveaux
chassant mes tristes pensées

leaves of tender green
in the maple a cardinal
appears
your hand in my hair
chasing away my sad thoughts
I am on the left coast. I reach to you, I surrender.

I think Flushing NY pasted my package out to sea and they attached it to an Enya album....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ABlQXmbcp8

Last edited:

HDMontana

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2014
Montana
Good point! My VTR has a brass 510 connector. Some strong thumbs stripped their's and said so on this forum. I immediately put a Smok air control into those threads. $4 and ten seconds later I was vaping a year to this moment. Where there is problem, there is usually a fix. Brass is a better conductor of electricity than stainless steel. Nickel coils require clean conductivity. Copper is more so and makes sense if you are going for 0.1xx ohm builds. LOL....I'm buying into the cloner's marketing, as it makes as much sense as Evolv crippling their boards via software. Robby loves his clone board and that is enough for me.
I add a Smok air flow controller to all of my mods. Just got 4 more of them. I don't use them for any sort of air control, only for protecting the threads. Easier to replace the controller than installing a new 510 connection on the mod. They are also about 20mm wide, so they add some side to side support for the tank. Only drawback is that they make the tank sit taller. Here's a picture of one installed between my Cloupor mini and Kayfun V4.

HD

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1422715559061.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1422715559061.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 47

Nikkita6

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
New York
Nikkita6, if only you could whisper few french words into the Flushing Posting office.
Feuilles vert tendres
dans l’érable un cardinal
apparait
ta main dans mes cheveaux
chassant mes tristes pensées

leaves of tender green
in the maple a cardinal
appears
your hand in my hair
chasing away my sad thoughts
I am on the left coast. I reach to you, I surrender.

I think Flushing NY pasted my package out to sea and they attached it to an Enya album....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ABlQXmbcp8

:laugh: ISC NY is usually very fast, at least for me .. my packages are usually in and out of ISC within 2 hours, and then flies through Flushing or Jamaica as well. If its being held up then your package may have raised some suspicion and perhaps sitting in customs pending further inspection? I have had this happen once ..

Nikkita6

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
New York
This is a copy an paste of a post I just made on VU regarding Kangxin Flask packaging ...

A big FYI to @Robby, some info that you need to make your peeps over on AAEC aware of ...

I just got word that Kangxin plans on changing the Vapor Flask V3 packaging from this point forward. Siting "ugly packaging" with the current Yellow Vapor Flask gift box. I think that a change of packaging now is a mistake, and will only create more confusion amongst users. As it stands right now I have received direct inquires about the authenticity sticker that appears on my packaging, which was not placed on most other packages that went out. A change of packaging now I think will only add to doubt and concerns about the origins of the Vapor Flask V3.

From what I understand, with regard to the old/current packaging Kangxin only placed authenticity stickers on Flasks shipping to the US (direct from Kangxin)?? o_O This has created a little bit of confusion as well.

So anyway, I hope that Kangxin can be convinced to leave the packaging as is, if not, users be advised that if you have just ordered a Kangxin and are still waiting to receive it, it may or may not show up in the yellow gift box.

Nikkita6

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
New York
I was thinking the copper could be plating over brass but brass wouldn't be particularly ideal for durability either.

It does appear that it "may be" copper plating over brass, so I will see if I can get to the bottom of that. I have also heard the opinion that using copper or brass on the 510 connection was for the benefit of the TP feature and conductivity. What is clear is that greater care will need to be taken with the threads. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread