Vapor Flask V2 clone .. who do we buy this mod from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Croak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2012
Right behind you...

Croak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2012
Right behind you...
I just realized something, looking at pictures of the original VF (with sealed batteries), and the 510 on it is also an X instead of a + lining up to the air channel on the body. It just looks worse on the KD unit because copper.

Original Vaporflask "V1"

blog-vapor-flask-cover-0126.jpg

On the V2 they lined one of the 510 channels up:

img_7773.jpg

And on the V3 DNA40 unit they ditched the 4 channel base entirely for a flush flat plate with a single channel:

vaporflaskclear1a.jpg

So, Kangxin is just being a faithful cloner, albeit using the wrong version as a template and the wrong 510 material even for that. :)

And more speculation...the Kangxin USB version may be less of a hot glue mess, they'd really need a cradle of some sort to mount the USB connector, it needs to be rigid and it there's going to be a fair amount of heat during charging, so, that's not an application where you want hot glue holding it in place. And since you have to get it in past the main board and wiring, it'd make sense to just go ahead and sled mount the board as well, similar to the real thing and the better V2 clones.

Fingers crossed the non-USB version was their hand-made rush-to-market product and the updated version does it better. But if not, oh well.

Though this does look scary:

ytyt.jpg

Last edited:

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
Thanks. Now that the 1:1 appears to be a sham, this one seems the best bet if you are intent on a legit DNA40 swap.

I is not a sham but an incremental upgrade marketed early to engage early interest & frustrate the hell out of you until you give up waiting & settle for the bait and switch only to have the product you wanted come out two months later, which they know you will only buy again later!

"Strange Game. The only winning move is not to play."

Last edited:

Nikkita6

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
New York
A bit late, but I received the VF v2 from FT. Made a short close-up video

My review for the SXK Vapor Flask V2 is publishing tomorrow, and this appears to be the same one. Its nice that you make these close up overview videos hun :)

I like Croak's idea about starting a new thread for the V3 TP clones though, as this one did start about the V2 clones.

Nikkita6

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
New York
I dunno hun, I doubt the USB version has chip cradle due to the placement of the usb port. The SXK Flask uses a cradle and the usb port is much lower on the body. As undesirable as it may be, the vast majority of clone chips usb a hot glue fixed usb port. I was much happier with the Kangxin flask before I saw the insides of it :laugh: They are giving Shenzhen Hotglue (Hotcig) a little run for their money .. but so far I am impressed with the chips performance.

I just realized something, looking at pictures of the original VF (with sealed batteries), and the 510 on it is also an X instead of a + lining up to the air channel on the body. It just looks worse on the KD unit because copper.

Original Vaporflask "V1"

On the V2 they lined one of the 510 channels up:

And on the V3 DNA40 unit they ditched the 4 channel base entirely for a flush flat plate with a single channel:

So, Kangxin is just being a faithful cloner, albeit using the wrong version as a template and the wrong 510 material even for that. :)

And more speculation...the Kangxin USB version may be less of a hot glue mess, they'd really need a cradle of some sort to mount the USB connector, it needs to be rigid and it there's going to be a fair amount of heat during charging, so, that's not an application where you want hot glue holding it in place. And since you have to get it in past the main board and wiring, it'd make sense to just go ahead and sled mount the board as well, similar to the real thing and the better V2 clones.

Fingers crossed the non-USB version was their hand-made rush-to-market product and the updated version does it better. But if not, oh well.

Though this does look scary:

ytyt.jpg

Cotay

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2014
Central Coast California
I is not a sham but an incremental upgrade marketed early to engage early interest & frustrate the hell out of you until you give up waiting & settle for the bait and switch only to have the product you wanted come out two months later, which they know you will only buy again later!

"Strange Game. The only winning move is not to play."

Fair enough. But at this point I'll believe it when I see it. :)

Nikkita6

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
New York
  • Deleted by sonicdsl
  • Reason: Unregistered Reviewer

nelsonm64

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2013
Kelowna, B.C.
For anyone still interested in the SXK Vapor Flask V2 clone, here is a link to my review :) Vapor Flask V2 Clone Review | Vaping Cheap

awesome review as always Nikki. professional and very, very well done! I wish you would do you tube videos ;) if you did I would never have to watch anyone else :) well, I couldn't quit watching Phil :) just something to consider... which i'm sure you have ;)

Nikkita6

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
New York
awesome review as always Nikki. professional and very, very well done! I wish you would do you tube videos ;) if you did I would never have to watch anyone else :) well, I couldn't quit watching Phil :) just something to consider... which i'm sure you have ;)

Aww thank you honey :) I purposely do not do video reviews though, too many pigs on youtube so I don't want to subject myself to that you know. There is nothing more jarring to my faith in Humanity than reading comments on youtube. I have seen some pretty disgusting and offensive stuff.

Oh, and then I would be the reviewer who would give Phil some real run for his money with regard to "video length" :laugh: I have been a public speaker in several different positions for a good portion of my professional life, so its fair to say that I am usually "long in word" :laugh: I hate video reviewers who talk too much, and I think I would easily be one of them :laugh:

Croak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2012
Right behind you...
Well, keep up the good work. As somebody who gets obsessive about his hobbies, it's a bit of a bummer that most of the reviews and articles about vaping are in video format. Look at, oh, Engadget or The Verge or even C:NET for gadget reviews, yes, they often do a video, but there's always a written and edited piece to back up the video. And for less popular/mass market items of interest, there's written reviews when it may not warrant a full video feature and all the hassle that entails.

The written word can convey information so much faster than speaking, and, well, it's just plain easier to absorb sitting on the porcelain throne (especially if said throne is in a public facility). :)

And lord, there's just too much extemporaneous thoughts and tangents sitting through most video reviews, no matter how colorful the personality on camera is, and only a handful of the reviewers out there seem to be operating from notes rather than just "winging it" on camera and often missing key details.

TL;DR: Keep on keepin' on with your long form written reviews, and we need more of them.

spartanstew

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2013
Wylie, Texas
Aww thank you honey :) I purposely do not do video reviews though, too many pigs on youtube so I don't want to subject myself to that you know. There is nothing more jarring to my faith in Humanity than reading comments on youtube. I have seen some pretty disgusting and offensive stuff.

That's why Todd turns the comments off on all his reviews.

Nikkita6

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
New York
Well, keep up the good work. As somebody who gets obsessive about his hobbies, it's a bit of a bummer that most of the reviews and articles about vaping are in video format. Look at, oh, Engadget or The Verge or even C:NET for gadget reviews, yes, they often do a video, but there's always a written and edited piece to back up the video. And for less popular/mass market items of interest, there's written reviews when it may not warrant a full video feature and all the hassle that entails.

The written word can convey information so much faster than speaking, and, well, it's just plain easier to absorb sitting on the porcelain throne (especially if said throne is in a public facility). :)

And lord, there's just too much extemporaneous thoughts and tangents sitting through most video reviews, no matter how colorful the personality on camera is, and only a handful of the reviewers out there seem to be operating from notes rather than just "winging it" on camera and often missing key details.

TL;DR: Keep on keepin' on with your long form written reviews, and we need more of them.

Thank you hun :) The lack of good written reviews on the internet was the other reason I prefer to write. Most of them are either brief overviews, or just blatant advertisements. So I wanted to be able to contribute detailed and helpful information that gives the viewer the information that they need to know to make an informed decision, even as the reviews are comprised of a combination of facts and my subjective opinions.

I find most video reviews unwatchable with all the blah blah blah, Phil is one of few who doesn't get on my nerves, even as I may not always agree with his perspective. I also like Richard Ng alot, just a happy, pleasant, wonderful person who does a good job at relaying his experience. :)

Fleksie

Sep 2, 2014
Europe
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread