VaporShark rDNA

Status
Not open for further replies.

NOVA jon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2014
Northern virginia
Japanese cotton and my pics always end up upside down or sideways but I can take a few. I try to keep the wick just on top of the deck fanned out across it and not obstructing the channels. I might try thin in the wick some. Not used to larger diameters I'm using with the ni builds.

Thanks jackrussell and kiwi.

Is that twisted 32ga kiwi?

Looking at kiwi's build, I may be using too much cotton

Last edited:
Why is receiving your rDNA a time sensitive matter, other than impatience? It was already explained why a few people received theirs ahead of others, we know why it is taking longer than expected to ship them. At this point I think it is safe to say everyone understands. That doesn't mean you have to like it, or accept it for that matter, but I'm pretty sure we don't need any more analogies.

Because it contains Christmas gifts for others. Part of my order is a present for a friend who's been having a rough time lately.

Maybe you with all your backups mods don't need to have this latest mod asap, but there are some of us who don't have as many toys as you. As for me, my EMOW broke and I'm borderline considering going back to analogs until this rDNA comes in. So yes. I do feel that I have reason to be impatient.

jazzvaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2014
USA
30ga/3.1/7-8wraps/1.8-2.0 ohms/ 420 TP - on my two lemos

Problem: works like a champ for a while after initial fill, then TP starts to kick in too quickly. After a couple primer pulls it Vapes a couple times without TP kicking in but after that it starts all over.

I know my coil is a good spaced coil and I'm pretty sure it's my wicking that's the culprit. Any tricks you guys are using to help keep the juice flow saturation with your wick??

It's not a bad vape When the TP regulates my wattage, it's just better when it doesn't hit TP!!

28 gauge (contact), 0.19, 410 TP at 20 watts...looking in the mirror, counting one-one-thousand...three-one-thousand+ and TP kicks in. But I am normally at 430F. Been playing with the drippers, so TP has been as high as 490 or 500, with scrolling down for the
Lemo and R91 less than exact.

This build has been problem-free since the day I received the Lemo. 7-10 days ago? :)

28 gauge (contact), 0.19, 410 TP at 20 watts...looking in the mirror, counting one-one-thousand...three-one-thousand+ and TP kicks in. But I am normally at 430F. Been playing with the drippers, so TP has been as high as 490 or 500, with scrolling down for the
Lemo and R91 less than exact.

This build has been problem-free since the day I received the Lemo. 7-10 days ago? :)

I'm chomping at the bit right now.... have everything I need for my new build including my LEMO, minus a mod. :(

NOVA jon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2014
Northern virginia
Alright, I just rebuilt, new coil, same specs, less cotton. I figured I would eliminate things one step at a time, piece by piece. This seems to have done the trick. Thanks to all for your suggestions.

KTM, I have not tried rayon, do you find it wicks better?

Kiwi, a picture is worth a thousand words! I will have to try twisted 30, looks simple enough!

Jazzvapor and jackrussel, thank you guys too!

Fir3b1rd

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2014
ecb46c48af624b3692d3f9fbc0d2bd6e.jpg

2d0a9345a1d3327b056691c594b42abc.jpg

Sgt. Pepper

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2011
For what its worth, i tend to use 28g ni200 micro coils, with kgd in drippers and rayon in tanks.
But i prefer a warmer vape, so my tp is set at 470°-490°. Still ive noticed it kicking on but only when im chain vaping with long pulls.

thanks for sharing.:D I'm rockin' my provari:D with a magma atty. 28 guage kanthal with 10 wraps on a 3mm screw driver that came out to 1.7 ohms. This goodejuice organic #1 taste awesome with this set-up, but I'm pretty sure it would be better with a rnda 40.:laugh:

What's happenin' brother?

Last edited:

Fir3b1rd

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2014
thanks for sharing.:D I'm rockin' my provari with a magma atty. 10 wraps on a 3mm screw driver that came out to 1.7 ohms. This goodejuice organic #1 taste awesome with this set-up, but I'm pretty sure it would be better with a rnda 40.:laugh:

What's happenin' brother?
Not a whole lot of anything, been sitting at the coffee shop since sundown. Huge accident blocking the intersection finally got cleaned out so i can leave at last.

What up with you?

Last edited:

Sgt. Pepper

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2011
Not a whole lot of anything, been sitting at the coffee shop sinxe sundown. Huge accident blocking the intersection finslly got cleaned out so i can leave at last.

What up with you?

It's an easy evening drinking a couple brews playing online poker. It's a self-imposed exile from going out tonight. It's Christmas and I've spent too much $$ lately. A cup of java sounds nice, but I don't want to be up all night.

Fir3b1rd

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2014
It's an easy evening drinking a couple brews playing online poker. It's a self-imposed exile from going out tonight. It's Christmas and I've spent too much $$ lately. A cup of java sounds nice, but I don't want to be up all night.
Haha!!! It doesn't effect me much like that. Ive never been able to sleep more than 3 or 4 hours a nite regardless

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ
KTM, I have not tried rayon, do you find it wicks better?

It's all I use now. Wicks great. I picked up a box at Sally's Beauty Supply.

I have 28g and 30g Ni200 and a spaced 28g coil seems to work great for me. I tried a twisted 30g and it wasn't that great but I might try again.

Ugh... I'm contemplating buying an overpriced istick here in Korea ($70 bucks or so) until my rDNA comes in. Is it worth it?

I have an Istick. It's not bad but I wouldn't pay $70 for it. You should have a decent backup or 3. No decent vape shops in Korea?

TheKiwi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2013
Durham, North Carolina, United States
It's all I use now. Wicks great. I picked up a box at Sally's Beauty Supply.

I have 28g and 30g Ni200 and a spaced 28g coil seems to work great for me. I tried a twisted 30g and it wasn't that great but I might try again.

I have an Istick. It's not bad but I wouldn't pay $70 for it. You should have a decent backup or 3. No decent vape shops in Korea?

Oooh what about the twisted 30ga didcha not like?

Burping out loud using Tapatalk

TheKiwi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2013
Durham, North Carolina, United States
Not a lot of vapor or flavor. Probably my coil which is why I'd be willing to give it another shot but the single 28g spaced coils are working great for me.

Oh. Strange. I'd say experiment moaaaar. I'm getting great flavor and vapor with it, but the best thing is def the much better robustness of the coil

Burping out loud using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread