Not open for further replies.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
How about your battery meter? Mine was full, pulled the battery, and it read 3.6. That's not cool. I can deal with the screen glitch, but a messed up battery meter is troublesome.

Batt meter, Temp sensor, Ohms checker, Volt/Wattage regulator, RP Alarm... All PERFECT. Knock on wood!

SavePaperVapor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2009
Minnesota, USA
Batt meter, Temp sensor, Ohms checker, Volt/Wattage regulator, RP Alarm... All PERFECT. Knock on wood!

Color me jealous. I'll give it a day and see if it corrects itself. If not, I guess rma number four is happening. Unreal that the quality control of these is such garbage.

raiderep

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2014
NorCal
Mine is 1 hundred % Glitch Free! And I've only one.
Same here, and I found that the battery level shows true when it goes to sleep and I wake it up. I mean the deep sleep after I would guess a half hour or so but I have never timed it. I am loving mine with the only complaint being wear on the fire button but it is very faint.

chad

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2009
NY, USA
cybervapor.com
Um I didn't notice these prices on Vaporsharks site before ... some real deals here ...

Small screen rDNA40 now $149.99

Original lipo DNA30 (not rDNA) $69.99

Also new I think ...

rDNA40 Case Replacement Service $39.99

I picked up a DNA30 just because of that price point!! Still waiting on my rDNA40. Having trouble waiting, but still waiting.

jstrong

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2014
Virginia
Well today I shipped it back to Vaporshark for a refund. Not waiting til mid March for another unit. They gave me a 1 day label so it will arrive back to them tomorrow. I ordered another one from Sweet Vapes and it will be here Wednesday. So I have my fingers crossed that I get a good one. If I don't on to bigger and better things.

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
Hand Check

BEFORE

20150302_203644_20150302_204138_zpsvqjbnve7.jpg

AFTER

20150302_203646_20150302_204139_zpsccmrzzps.jpg
20150302_203755_20150302_204140_zpsfdrljpur.jpg

Elyptic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2014
Upstate NY
I can confirm that the small screen rDNA-40 is available for shipping right now. Ordered direct from VS late last night and received shipping notification this morning. My one small screen has been perfect, and for the price, I saw no reason to wait for a large screen model.

Anxiously awaiting vape mail!

ozen

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2014
Rabbit Hole
I can confirm that the small screen rDNA-40 is available for shipping right now. Ordered direct from VS late last night and received shipping notification this morning. My one small screen has been perfect, and for the price, I saw no reason to wait for a large screen model.

Anxiously awaiting vape mail!

Vapor Shark rDNA (40W Version w/ Small Screen & Scratch and Dent) + FREE 30ML E-Liquid - Mechs / Mods - Advanced

Comes with scratch and dent?? I hope you're aware of that small screen DNA 40

Elyptic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2014
Upstate NY

ozen

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2014
Rabbit Hole
Nope. That's a different item. Just showed up today to my knowledge.

When I ordered, and what my invoice says, is rDNA40 w/ Small Screen and was priced at $149.99 ($10 more expensive than what they are showing now).

I wonder if I got the last of the "new" ones?

Yeah maybe you got lucky there :)

smyth

Jan 7, 2009
Brick, NJ
Broke down and ordered the scratch & dent small screen RDNA rather than waiting till who knows when for the large screen ones to be available, seems to be hit or miss with the small screen so I'm going to hope for a hit and at least I'll be able to get a feel for if temp control is up my alley for not at a bit of a discounted price, plus I'm just not sure if the screen on the bottom will be a big deal to me so I'll get a sort of trial on that as well. Not bothered at all by the scratch and dent part (assuming it isn't really busted up or something) since I'm going to use it with a sharkskin anyway, and from what I've read the finish on the VS mods isn't the strongest so chances are it would be scratched a bit not too long after purchase regardless.

Fingers crossed and hoping USPS doesn't do wacky stuff with my vapemail again...

Kyle

Elyptic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2014
Upstate NY
Broke down and ordered the scratch & dent small screen RDNA rather than waiting till who knows when for the large screen ones to be available, seems to be hit or miss with the small screen so I'm going to hope for a hit and at least I'll be able to get a feel for if temp control is up my alley for not at a bit of a discounted price, plus I'm just not sure if the screen on the bottom will be a big deal to me so I'll get a sort of trial on that as well. Not bothered at all by the scratch and dent part (assuming it isn't really busted up or something) since I'm going to use it with a sharkskin anyway, and from what I've read the finish on the VS mods isn't the strongest so chances are it would be scratched a bit not too long after purchase regardless.

Fingers crossed and hoping USPS doesn't do wacky stuff with my vapemail again...

Kyle

Frankly, the only difference between the big screen and small screen version, from my understanding, is the screen size and the fact that the small screen version does not have a buzzer that sounds if you insert the battery backwards. It still has reverse battery protection, but you won't get a buzzing noise.

In my opinion, the larger screen isn't worth the price difference. Once you have the mod setup with a tank, you will most likely not be looking at the screen until you switch tanks.

Plus, I kinda like the blue screen color on the small screens!

TheKiwi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2013
Durham, North Carolina, United States
Well, when one is batting 0/4 that's the thought. lol. I must say, it hasn't happened since. Perhaps a few days in the cold are responsible.

Haha I absolutely understand and I wasn't intending to trivialize your issues I hope you understand. There's another fella Heespharm who would possibly have the single worst luck when it comes to the dna chips. I think he had at least 6 glitchy chips across every dna40 devices hahahah. But there are definitely some folks who have just been lucky enough to get a working device. Or two in my case :D

Anyways I hope you get it resolved soon!

On to battery level, I know most seem to have issues with it. Mine is a little different. Mine stays full for half a day, and then very gradually goes down Pretty consistently. Just that once in a while it drops from half full to weak battery suddenly. I've been caught out of my house making errand runs with a dead batt because of that :/

Burping out loud using Tapatalk

SavePaperVapor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2009
Minnesota, USA
Haha I absolutely understand and I wasn't intending to trivialize your issues I hope you understand. There's another fella Heespharm who would possibly have the single worst luck when it comes to the dna chips. I think he had at least 6 glitchy chips across every dna40 devices hahahah. But there are definitely some folks who have just been lucky enough to get a working device. Or two in my case :D

Anyways I hope you get it resolved soon!

On to battery level, I know most seem to have issues with it. Mine is a little different. Mine stays full for half a day, and then very gradually goes down Pretty consistently. Just that once in a while it drops from half full to weak battery suddenly. I've been caught out of my house making errand runs with a dead batt because of that :/

Burping out loud using Tapatalk

My battery level is actually starting to work I think. It could of been that I didn't charge the battery it came with, just did it up. I still think it's a bit off but better than not moving at all. lol. Either way, I always have a spare battery on my so no buggy I guess.

smyth

Jan 7, 2009
Brick, NJ
Yeah the screen size doesn't bother me at all, and neither does the lack of a buzzer especially since a lot of the time I'll be either using the usb or wireless charger so probably not switching batteries out too often (not to mention the fact that i tend to pay attention so I have yet to ever install a battery incorrectly anyway) only reason I was even thinking of holding off is to wait for evolv/vs to get the bugs worked out with the screen and battery life indicator issues they were having.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Just got a reply back from my vapor shark guru. Apparently the battery level is a glitch with the chip itself and the battery meter won't drop until it hits 3.6 volts. I'm going to test this tonight. Let the chain vaping begin.

I think I've had this problem or similar. I'd show no charge left. Thought perhaps the screen never went off and drained the batt, but then I put it on usb and it goes to full. I'm 'monitoring'. It's happened only 3 times going on 2 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread