Status
Not open for further replies.

RandyF

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
Arizona
This is very upsetting. I'm assuming most of late January builds are affected.. I'll receive mine in 2 weeks.

While annoying it doesn't work perfectly, it is just a screen issue, and even when scrambled the board still functions correctly. If you don't look at your screen you won't even know it has happened. TP coming up or the screen clearing sets it back to normal. It also happens far less, and also less severe when it does, when not in temperature mode, at least in my case.

It seems to be the VS's from mid-January to mid-February.

medic181075

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2014
Bradford, PA
Just wanted to update everybody on my screen issues.

I recently changed a few things. I had the Panasonic NCR18650B battery in my rDNA. I never looked at the battery specs because I assumed VS wouldn't sell it if it wasn't good enough. The LG battery went back in. I also wasn't happy with the quality of vapor I was getting from my 30 ga nickel coils, so I ordered some 28 ga. In the mean time, I am vaping as I was before I had a TP device .... a 1.4 ohm kanthal coil at 16-19 watts. My device which was having screen malfunctions has not malfunctioned once with this setup.

I am hoping USPS will deliver my 28 ga Ni200 wire tomorrow. I will get a nickel build back in and see if there is a difference. Currently I am thinking that the screen malfunctions are either related to the battery not keeping up on the lower ohm coils or to TP mode. Not sure which. I will know more when I get a nickel build back in there.

Snapdragon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2013
Alberta, Canada
Heat sinks work very well and give a nice look.

Here's a pic with the ST Mini on the heat sink from my Aeolus RDA. I've never had a problem with the Mini, but it didn't fix the connection problem I have with the ST 25mm.

IMG_0701.jpg

RandyF

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
Arizona
I ordered one from VS a few days ago. Since they're still about a month out from shipping, I hope it'll have a board with the fix. We'll see, I guess...

The delay likely has to do with Evolv working out the board issues.

Just wanted to update everybody on my screen issues.

I recently changed a few things. I had the Panasonic NCR18650B battery in my rDNA. I never looked at the battery specs because I assumed VS wouldn't sell it if it wasn't good enough. The LG battery went back in. I also wasn't happy with the quality of vapor I was getting from my 30 ga nickel coils, so I ordered some 28 ga. In the mean time, I am vaping as I was before I had a TP device .... a 1.4 ohm kanthal coil at 16-19 watts. My device which was having screen malfunctions has not malfunctioned once with this setup.

I am hoping USPS will deliver my 28 ga Ni200 wire tomorrow. I will get a nickel build back in and see if there is a difference. Currently I am thinking that the screen malfunctions are either related to the battery not keeping up on the lower ohm coils or to TP mode. Not sure which. I will know more when I get a nickel build back in there.

Yea, you won't see it as much with a kanthal build.

Major911

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2014
Grand Island, FL, USA
Here's a pic with the ST Mini on the heat sink from my Aeolus RDA. I've never had a problem with the Mini, but it didn't fix the connection problem I have with the ST 25mm.

View attachment 417120

That looks awesome. My connection problems were solved with an airflow control adapter. Worked on all my ST's. No more "check atomizer". However it's only 19mm so everything other than the ST nano looks kinda awkward on there. I can live with the looks as long as everything works. I did find a Vulcan style heat sink adapter SS 22mm on eBay but they are currently out of stock. It has an adjustable copper center pin. I think I'm gonna check that out when they come in and I'll post a pic when I get it. I really like using the adapters on my VS cause it protects the top from atty rash.

RandyF

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
Arizona
That looks awesome. My connection problems were solved with an airflow control adapter. Worked on all my ST's. No more "check atomizer". However it's only 19mm so everything other than the ST nano looks kinda awkward on there. I can live with the looks as long as everything works. I did find a Vulcan style heat sink adapter SS 22mm on eBay but they are currently out of stock. It has an adjustable copper center pin. I think I'm gonna check that out when they come in and I'll post a pic when I get it. I really like using the adapters on my VS cause it protects the top from atty rash.

Focalecig has some, kinda pricey though.

SavePaperVapor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2009
Minnesota, USA
Man, I was waiting on the SX Mini M class but the $139.99 price tag is really hard to beat.

Wonder how BAD the scratches and dents are on these .....

Think of it this way, you can always cover it with a sharkskin. lol. I bought a skin to keep mine like new, but like the feel without it better so I said screw it. That said, I'm expecting some nicks eventually. I'm guessing most are fine with slight cosmetic flaws. Most were probably returned after a week or less of use.

tc1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2011
Ohio
Think of it this way, you can always cover it with a sharkskin. lol. I bought a skin to keep mine like new, but like the feel without it better so I said screw it. That said, I'm expecting some nicks eventually. I'm guessing most are fine with slight cosmetic flaws. Most were probably returned after a week or less of use.

I was wondering that as well. If they are returned product or product that didn't pass quality control.

tc1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2011
Ohio
Did you hear anything on the warranty?

Nothing yet. I did notice that there is no mention of warranty on the new rDNA page either. My guess is that device is still under warranty, you just cant return it for cosmetic reason. I'll post if and when I hear back from them. Might try and call again in a bit as well ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread