Status
Not open for further replies.

Chornbro

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2011
VA/DC/MD Area
Just got my hands on a 22... two things, the top cap is REALLY tight... any tips on loosening it up a bit??

Also, where can I get an extra tank?? Anyone know of anything compatible? Spectrumtanks.com has a nice assortment, but they dont list any of their glass specifically for the Stratus 22... but one of those has to fit!

Thx guys

badinfluence357

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2012
NYC
Just got my hands on a 22... two things, the top cap is REALLY tight... any tips on loosening it up a bit??

Also, where can I get an extra tank?? Anyone know of anything compatible? Spectrumtanks.com has a nice assortment, but they dont list any of their glass specifically for the Stratus 22... but one of those has to fit!

Thx guys

Just drop a lil ejuice on the orings you'll be fine...you may want to pick it up from the cap sometimes, i do it all the time so i dont recommend a loose cap.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Chornbro

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2011
VA/DC/MD Area
Just drop a lil ejuice on the orings you'll be fine...you may want to pick it up from the cap sometimes, i do it all the time so i dont recommend a loose cap.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Pretty sure I could tow a car with this thing. The O-ring is juiced, still way too tight.

Rumor has it that an Agi/Aga tank will fit. I have one laying around, will give it a shot and report back

AlmightyGod

My friends call me A.G.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2010
Vaping Heaven
null_zps0713a953.jpg

kimochi-ii

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2013
Qwiyomi
After a long wait... finally reach me few days ago. Overall I must say this is really a well built atty with good quality :thumbup:

This is the 2nd time I own a genesis, but sadly genesis isn't my cup of tea. Too used to dripper/silica base atty. Waiting for the dripper next!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Nach

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
Chicagoland, USA
jazco.net
jherron,

I just picked up a new Stratus 22 from another ECF user. I had been sitting on it for the last week or so while I wait for some other hardware to pair it up with. Today, I had just noticed that the drip tip hole on the top cap, has tolerances way too tight for most drip tips. Can you please advise how I may remedy this? I feel it could use a .001 to .005 widening.

Other than that, I really love your design. Love the straight 90 degree angles on the cuts. The deck layout is wonderful. Only other thing I can find to criticize is maybe have either a slightly longer positive post (for adjustment) or offer a shorter collar above the deck.

Alexander Mundy

Ribbon Twister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
Springfield, MO
jherron,

I just picked up a new Stratus 22 from another ECF user. I had been sitting on it for the last week or so while I wait for some other hardware to pair it up with. Today, I had just noticed that the drip tip hole on the top cap, has tolerances way too tight for most drip tips. Can you please advise how I may remedy this? I feel it could use a .001 to .005 widening.

Other than that, I really love your design. Love the straight 90 degree angles on the cuts. The deck layout is wonderful. Only other thing I can find to criticize is maybe have either a slightly longer positive post (for adjustment) or offer a shorter collar above the deck.

Had to take a small round object and wrap with sandpaper and work mine to get a drip tip to go in.
Glad my dripper wasn't like that because I am fairly sure I will have to drive it out from the inside to remove it.

:vapor:

Alexander Mundy

Ribbon Twister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
Springfield, MO
I cannot get the tank off of my 22 for nothing. Is there a trick to this? I'd love to give it a nice cleaning and maybe put the SS tank on for once.

Freezer for 3-4 hours is how I did mine to be able to clean everything when it was new.
Not my idea, but I am pretty sure it was J that mentioned it quite a while back.
It worked for me.

:vapor:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread