Variable Volt Gripper

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveFromNY

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2010
New York
Pictures sure make this device seem bigger then it really is. I kept looking at your picture and back at my hand lol

Here it is next to my MadVapes VV Box mod. I agree, it does look bigger in the pictures but, it's not bad at all. I can fit this thing in my shirt pocket. It's a perfect size.

vvgripper2.jpg

Last edited:

ejervjero

ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Raleigh,NC
Here it is next to my MadVapes VV Box mod. I agree, it does look bigger in the pictures but, it's not bad at all. I can fit this thing in my shirt pocket. It's a perfect size.

vvgripper2.jpg

Wow the MadVapes VV Box mod must be extremely tiny cause I think this mod is tiny lol

What voltages are you finding so far the best? I currently have been keeping it around 4.2 volts on a 3ohm cartomizer. I normally do on most of my other mods keep them in the 5.2-6volt range and this one 4.2 seems to really be making me happy.

SteveFromNY

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2010
New York
Wow the MadVapes VV Box mod must be extremely tiny cause I think this mod is tiny lol

What voltages are you finding so far the best? I currently have been keeping it around 4.2 volts on a 3ohm cartomizer. I normally do on most of my other mods keep them in the 5.2-6volt range and this one 4.2 seems to really be making me happy.
Well I leave my ProVari at around 5.4-5.7 and that's where I keep the gripper at. I really only vape 2 different juices so I don't really try different voltages since their both Cinnamon based.

Im really impressed with this thing, though. I love how easily I can change voltages compared to the VV Box mod and the ProVari. Also, I just noticed the carto ohm rating and battery level display, LOL. I havent read this whole thread so Im sure its been mentioned earlier.

ejervjero

ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Raleigh,NC
Well I leave my ProVari at around 5.4-5.7 and that's where I keep the gripper at. I really only vape 2 different juices so I don't really try different voltages since their both Cinnamon based.

Im really impressed with this thing, though. I love how easily I can change voltages compared to the VV Box mod and the ProVari. Also, I just noticed the carto ohm rating and battery level display, LOL. I havent read this whole thread so Im sure its been mentioned earlier.

Good to see I wasn't the only one who missed the battery level display LOL

I just tried 5.2 on 3 of my juices and 1 of them it feels damn good while the other 2 tasted good it just about made me feel like a dump truck ran me over and for safe measure backed up and ran me over again.

I finally get to hear my cartomizers with the crackle sound I have been missing for so long.

BubbaBlue

Verified Member
Mar 5, 2012
Maryland
Got mine today too.

First impression? Pretty slick.

Similar injection molded rubber coated construction as the original Gripper. AW IMR 18650 2KmAh button top fits just fine.

Did a few tests. Appears to not be PWM because my DMM can read the volts just fine. It's putting out within .05 volts of what's stated on the display. Consistent output with a fresh batt and one about half discharged. Will do some amp testing later once I build a jig.

Hitting my LR cartos fine... digging out the higher stuff now.

I love new toys in the mail. :)

doots

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
safe-list.com
This will be my first VV box(ish) mod, now all I need is someone who ships batteries internationally. Hope they come back in stock soon.

Thanks for all the feedback on those who have purchased it. So a 3ohm give or take carto will be perfect for this mod. Will have to get at least the 2.8ohm Vivi nova heads.

You will be fine with the 2.8 head. I am using one right now. This is a great little vv pv. Feels so good in the hand..
I have tried several attys in the 2.0 range and is great. Also a fusion at 5.2v and is also great. The little battery door is the only thing that has me concerned as to how it will hold up. Be careful when you open and close it gently and I think you will be ok..

TravTech

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 11, 2012
PA
Got mine today too. So far so good. Seems well built enough, considering how light it is. And the rubberized coating has avery nice feel too it.

Just a generic IMR orange jacket flat top in mine (fits just fine) until my Panasonic CGR's show up next week.

Loving the ease of voltage adjustment over the Provari.

I've got no problems with the battery door. Just slide it about 1/8 inch in the direction of the arrow, then it flips right up.

Looking forward to checking out the battery life, especially with the CGR's. I think I may have a new main "goto" device. :)

ejervjero

ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Raleigh,NC
Got mine today too. So far so good. Seems well built enough, considering how light it is. And the rubberized coating has avery nice feel too it.

Just a generic IMR orange jacket flat top in mine (fits just fine) until my Panasonic CGR's show up next week.

Loving the ease of voltage adjustment over the Provari.

I've got no problems with the battery door. Just slide it about 1/8 inch in the direction of the arrow, then it flips right up.

Looking forward to checking out the battery life, especially with the CGR's. I think I may have a new main "goto" device. :)

The worlds strongest man couldn't open my battery door if he tried. I sat there trying and it would budge a little bit but ended up having to get a card to open it the rest of the way so I could flip it open.

The Ovale also had this issue but to me it's not to bad I can work around it and with 2250mah batteries I don't see me having to do it much.

BubbaBlue

Verified Member
Mar 5, 2012
Maryland
A few more thoughts after using it for a couple of hours...

Will be a desk unit for me. Was planning on shirt pocketing it but that might not be wise. It is not a RoughStack. Plastic. One good drop on concrete and it's probably toast.

Ohms measurement on mine is about .2ohm high. Gives you an idea of what flavor carto you have on but don't depend on the measurement for fine tuning the watts.

With that said...

Have experimented with multiple battery configurations with a Maxi RS in the past and this is a good entry for me into VV.

Volts measurement is nearly spot on.

2ohm SC Boge @ 4.5-4.7v is my fav so far. Frickin' great! Best vape I've ever had. No problem pushing 3ohm SC or 1.5ohm DC. Tried a 5ohm SC... forget it. 6v is all you got.

Compared dripping a bridgeless 2.8ohm atty on a 5v passthrough with a 2amp xformer. No difference. Good.

Haven't checked the amps yet and probably won't for a few days. Figured if it can drive the DC it's putting out some amps. Will try a 2ohm DC later and see how it does.

All in all... I'm happy with it.

TravTech

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 11, 2012
PA
So far only tried a 2ohm DC and a 3 ohm SC. Limited options at work, but it both situations it seems to have pwer to spare.

For the question above: Haven't felt even the slightest bit of warmth yet from anything but the vapor. But I really can't start chain vaping until a few more people leave work and I'm here alone.

Oh and I've been known to take some LOOOoong vapes myself depending on the juice / setup. This mod has a 10 sec cutoff, but of course that doesn't stop us from hitting the button multiple times. :D

Last edited:

dale1962

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2009
Charlotte,NC
Got mine today also and have been throwing everything at it and been doing great...I even broke out some old atties to check the ohms and haven't dripped in awhile and this thing brought some of them to life in great fashion.Let me ask some of u electrical engineers a ?.

One of the atties using would read 2.7ohms initially and would work great then would check it a few hits later and would be 3.5ohms then check again after a few more and would read anywhere to 2.9-2.7 anybody know why?Gettin ready to die?As far as battery door as long as u slide it towards arrow seems to work fine.

By the way got Vmax today too and this thing is the bomb so far too.

dale1962

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2009
Charlotte,NC
What's up JJ,well didn't have to do that just got a friend to start vaping about a month ago and he called me today and said he was ready now for some of those bottle rockets with massive hit and vapor he had seen me using and which one's should he get when he visits MV.

I said no need I got all u need at the house...MV loss my gain;).I gave him a good deal on a couple of MaxiRS I only have 4 of them:)...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread