The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Variable Volt Gripper

Discussion in 'MadVapes' started by wolfstone5, Jul 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. TheBlueAdept

TheBlueAdept Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 26, 2010
    Northern California
    I have a post on this topic in another thread. Exceedingly few vendors offer nonUSPS options and I'm glad MV is one of em. I too am fed up with USPS 'service'.

Sent from my phone; Please excuse typos / autocorrections.

2. JimmyJet

JimmyJet Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 30, 2011
    Carolinas
    USPS tracking is inaccurate and inconsistent. I've had packages that *never* showed a status update for several days and then boom, it was in my mailbox. I've had packages that showed "delivered" then arrived 3 days later. Simply put, don't trust USPS tracking info. It'll drive you nuts. FedEx and UPS are fairly accurate but USPS tracking is out in the twilight zone. It'll get here when it gets here. That's my motto.

3. ejervjero

ejervjero Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jan 16, 2012
    Raleigh,NC
    So very true my post was more of a response to my excitement of getting home to give it a vape only to be disappointed by USPS.

I did end up calling USPS and opening a case through MadVapes though just to cover base but I have lost all trust on USPS if they got their tracking that mixed up. Normally I don't check them tracking things since the places I normally order from I know it takes 3-4 days this one I tracked mainly cause knowing it is a 2 1/2 hour drive to MadVapes store and was really looking to see how long it took since I didn't remember from my previous orders.

Good news is my current devices get to live another day before they also join the previous devices before them in a drawer to never be seen or vaped on again :)

4. TravTech

TravTech Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 11, 2012
    PA
    Speaking of FedEx... It appears my order got bumped up a day to Thursday now, instead of the originally estimated Wednesday. :(

Darn slackers!

5. tigerlily

tigerlily Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 6, 2010
    Oklahoma
    The USPS facilities in my town are pretty good at tracking items once they arrive in town. Unfortunately, mistakes are made. The last time I had something like this happen they had sent the package out for delivery to the town next to the town I live in. When it didn't arrive at my house I was able to track it to the next town, then tracked its trip back to my town, and finally the package was delivered the next day. I'm sorry to hear of your disappointment. Hopefully, it will show up tomorrow.

6. ejervjero

Jan 16, 2012
    Raleigh,NC
    Yay I just got the shipment and opening it now.

The USPS guy delivered it to the wrong address and from the look of the box the person who received it was nice enough to tell them they dropped it off at the wrong address!!!

Wow you can stealth vape with this sucker it is TINY

7. ejervjero

Jan 16, 2012
    Raleigh,NC
    Ok so first impressions.

* Holding the unit in my hands I can barely even see the unit
    * Be vary careful when opening the battery door it is very hard to open but you could also possibly break off the little part of it.
    * The unit does accept and power on with the Panasonic 18650 2250 IMR's

8. TravTech

TravTech Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 11, 2012
    PA
    That is good news! Are the batts flat tops or nips?

Other good news, Per FedEx my delivery is back on track for today. :w00t:

9. Bassmanspiff

Bassmanspiff Full Member Verified Member

Jun 8, 2011
    Mount Carmel Illinois
    Just ordered one from MV, out of curiosity mostly. I was considering getting a Lavatube *knockoff* V2 for the extended amperage and dual coil ability, but decided the Gripper seems to serve all my purposes and in a different form factor. From the pictures my only hinge point will be the button placement. I would have swapped the 510 connector and the button on the top, seems more natural to me, as thats how I generally hold my Reo Grand. Activate with your pointer finger over the top instead of your thumb. *shrug* Time will tell I guess.

10. ejervjero

Jan 16, 2012
    Raleigh,NC
    It took my Panaonic Flattops with no issue.

Just be very careful opening the battery door it appears to have the same issue as the Ovale V8 where it is a little tough to open. I ended up using a knife to get it open.

11. ejervjero

Jan 16, 2012
    Raleigh,NC
  12. Bassmanspiff

Jun 8, 2011
    Mount Carmel Illinois
    Wow, that's about a quarter inch shorter than my Grand. No wasted space in this unit. Now if it was a botom feeder I'd be in heaven.

13. ejervjero

Jan 16, 2012
    Raleigh,NC
    On the back of the unit it has I guess what is a vent hole or some sorts but it looks like those vents in your car for your air conditioner just a circle with about 5 slits in it. Looking in there I don't think they left to much room to do anything else with it they sure did go probably as small as they could.

3 volts this thing hits harder then my "Lavatube" at 3volts and at 4.2 volts it sure feels close to 5 volts to me.

My hand just about eats the unit where you can't even see it.

I just attached a 5 1/4" gooseneck to it and the the "Lavatube" next to it hits just about under the tank thats on top of the gooseneck.

Only thing I noticed I have to watch out for is accidently hitting the voltage whole vaping as it does allow you to change it on the fly while it is firing. I was vaping at 3volts and my finger whole vaping hit the voltage up button and next I knew I was vaping at like 3.5. The unit itself is a rubbery feeling to it and feels very comfortable in my hands. If you hold it in left hand I could see someone accidently kicking their voltage up without knowing as your palm presses against the buttons.

14. ejervjero

Jan 16, 2012
    Raleigh,NC
    Looks like these also got bought up pretty quick showing out of stock now on the site for just the unit :)

15. Bassmanspiff

Jun 8, 2011
    Mount Carmel Illinois
    I was just looking to buy the unit only, alas sold out. I just picked up the kit. 2 extra batteries and a fairly crappy backup charger and a couple of tanks in-case of emergency isn't too bad for the price.

16. ejervjero

Jan 16, 2012
    Raleigh,NC
    Ya when I bought mine they had like 50 still in stock and this was this past Sunday.

So far granted I have only been vaping it for a little while I am fairly impressed. it fits into all my pockets with ease and doesn't stick out like a tube mod would.

Only downfall I have which I am going to have to get adjusted to is it doesn't tell you how much battery you have left but I figure on a 2250 Panasonic I will just charge it each night to be safe or stick it into another mod to check how much battery left.

For the price of the kit and the unit I don't see it as to bad of a deal. I expected it to feel cheap but it does not feel like I thought it would.

Sitting here at 4.2volts on a 3ohm boge cartomizer and it feels like I am vaping at 5+volts.

Get the feeling of a VMAX tube mod without the stacking , easier to carry form, and cheaper price tag doesn't hurt either.

17. JimmyJet

JimmyJet Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 30, 2011
    Carolinas
  18. ejervjero

Jan 16, 2012
    Raleigh,NC
  19. SteveFromNY

SteveFromNY Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 30, 2010
    New York
    Just got mine today, thank GOD I had an 18650 battery in my office! This thing hits and feels great!

[​IMG]

20. ejervjero

Jan 16, 2012
    Raleigh,NC
    Pictures sure make this device seem bigger then it really is. I kept looking at your picture and back at my hand lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.