** Variable voltage / Provari owners opinions needed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
The second week of April. I didn't mark a particular day, it was whenever the last cigarette in the last pack was finished. I haven't touched or wanted one since.

View attachment 181294

Cool idea, Zapped! I never would have thought of that. :headbang:

Might take a couple of emails or phone calls but Im sure they'd be willing to do that for ya. I know one of my other friends on here had them add a green led to their Polished Chrome Provari.

Fury83

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2012
Nowhere
I wonder if the plant that does their carokotte (spelling?) coating would do it by special arrangement. I'm sure they would have a red?

Get one from the classies for a bit cheaper

See disassembly here

Perform carefully.

Find local gunsmith who does cerakote...wait...reassemble...profit

CPT.SPALDING

ECF Veteran
Nov 1, 2011
WINNIPEG,MB.CANADA
I got a Provari 1 month after I started vaping which was 20 months ago. I love it. It was used & a V1 & I have dropped it numerous times & never had any problems with it. I loved it so much I ended up buying 2 more, a white mini & a pink mini. If you check Provape's site they have some that they considered "Blemished" may have a small scratch or the word "Provari" is too dark. I have one that is too dark & the only way I could even tell was by comparing it to my other one. I think it was $150, so $29 off reg price. All I can say is I continued buying other mods & none of them compare. I am finally done trying others because as far as I'm concerned the Provari is hands down the best & worth every penny!!! LOL, yes I am a Fangirl!!!!

Well, I just lucked out and picked up a "blemed" black provari that was just posted on provapes site. Hopefully its just a dark or light logo.....And now the waiting begins

Pentarth

ECF Veteran
Nov 5, 2012
Michigan
Baditude. Get it. life is short and unpredictable. I see people dying all the time, of all ages, working in a huge hospital like I do. You're not taking any money with you when you go. Enjoy life and treat yourself well. As long as it's not costing you the food and shelter to keep you alive then if it's something you really want.... do it.
Not trying to sound morbid or morose but when you've worked in the medical profession for 28 years life takes on a different perspective.

matcas

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2012
Los Angeles Calif.
Although I have a Provari already, 2 other VV mods, and 2 mechanicals, I still really want a Mini. I keep debating whether to gift myself one for my 1 year smoke-free anniversary.

What do you all think? :confused:

I just got myself a black mini blue led with extender cap. I am very happy camper. It is my second I actually scored a v1 provari standard lengthon ebay for 115 dollars and I was sold on them. The mini is a good size very pocket friendly.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Soon I will have my Provari a year. I haven't even had to get the eGo backups out a single time, although I throw the batteries on the charger occasionally to keep them topped off. My Provari has rolled out of the car on the pavement several times. The only thing that suffers is the carto or the tank. The plastic Vivi Novas will jump a thread and require unscrewing and reseating, but the Provari always works when you pick it up. I try my best to protect it, but sometimes you forget and it rolls off the car seat.

I have no complaints with the Provari. I was a carto vaper for a long time, but recently I ordered a Vision Vivi Nova and it has performed well since I learned how to make it stay at optimum performance. I filled up a carto for comparison the other day and vaped it for a while. Flavor and vapor were about the same, so I went back to the Vivi Nova. It's less troublesome to keep topped off and fits perfectly on the Provari.

I'm probably going to order a Vamo for backup since the eGo stuff is mostly 2 to 3 years old. I probably should order a backup Provari, but I haven't needed a backup yet and the Vamo is about $50 and uses my current 18650 batteries. I've done periodic voltage checks using an inline digital voltmeter and I always get a result within 1/100 of a volt from the Provari setting. If I set it at 4v the meter reads 3.99v with the atomizer attached and energized. What more could you ask for in accuracy? I get that reading when the battery is fresh off the charger or down to 3.3v. The Provari mil spec circuitry is accurate and reliable.

Everyone calls us fanboys, but it's for good reason that we are happy with our purchase.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
The Provari mil spec circuitry is accurate and reliable...Everyone calls us fanboys, but it's for good reason that we are happy with our purchase.
You know, Provari lovers and haters both say a PV is nothing more than the powerplant for the juice and the delivery device, the primary two components that makes the flavor in the vapor. Technically they are right in that statement.

However, the Provari is extremely precise and consistant in doing what it does. PBusardo trusts the Provari's ohm reader enough that he no longer uses a multimeter to check the ohms of delivery devices during his reviews, he checks on the Provari. More than any other device, PBusardo uses the Provari in many of his reviews, a testament to the reputation that it has earned as the standard of modern PV's. Does he use a Vamo, an Evic, or a V-max? No, he has stuck to the Provari since he "got it."

The Accuset chip set in the Provari makes the vaping experience more consistant than any other device. So having a Provari adds just that much more to the overall vaping experience and may be why so many people say how much improved their own vaping experience is since using a Provari.

Chimney34 said:
I'm vaping with my Groove in one hand & my Provari in the other....no comparison!!! I love my Groove but I'm now in love with my Provari!...I wish I'd taken the plunge sooner! I had no idea what I was missing!!...I definitely see why people buy more than one! I'm already thinking about getting another one in a couple of months. Don't ever want to be without one in case it needs to be repaired or something!
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/provari/386377-my-provari-arrived.html Bold type added by me for emphasis.

A typical and not surprising account, Chimney34 above received a Smoktech Groove recently and was quite impressed with it when she got it. She also recently ordered and received a Mini Provari and had the above comments. Comparatively they are different footprint (box vs tube), one VV/VW and one only VV, but unless I'm reading something different, it's clear that compared side by side she was the most impressed with the Provari, to the tune of wanting a second one for a backup to Provari #1. Did she forget about Groove altogether?

Last edited:

Chimney34

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 1, 2012
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
You know, Provari lovers and haters both say a PV is nothing more than the powerplant for the juice and the delivery device, the primary two components that makes the flavor in the vapor. Technically they are right in that statement.

However, the Provari is extremely precise and consistant in doing what it does. PBusardo trusts the Provari's ohm reader enough that he no longer uses a multimeter to check the ohms of delivery devices during his reviews, he checks on the Provari. More than any other device, PBusardo uses the Provari in many of his reviews, a testament to the reputation that it has earned as the standard of modern PV's. Does he use a Vamo, an Evic, or a V-max? No, he has stuck to the Provari since he "got it."

The Accuset chip set in the Provari makes the vaping experience more consistant than any other device. So having a Provari adds just that much more to the overall vaping experience and may be why so many people say how much improved their own vaping experience is since using a Provari.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/provari/386377-my-provari-arrived.html Bold type added by me for emphasis.

A typical and not surprising account, Chimney34 above received a Smoktech Groove recently and was quite impressed with it when she got it. She also recently ordered and received a Mini Provari and had the above comments. Comparatively they are different footprint (box vs tube), one VV/VW and one only VV, but unless I'm reading something different, it's clear that compared side by side she was the most impressed with the Provari, to the tune of wanting a second one for a backup to Provari #1. Did she forget about Groove altogether?

Yep! Day 2 & I still feel the exact same way today! I haven't forgotten about my groove. It'll still go with me to places where I don't want to take my Provari but will it be around forever. I doubt it. It is essentially now one of my backups along with my ego batteries. My pretty purple monster is absolutely #1. As someone who thought they'd never drop the cash for a Provari I'm now kicking myself for not buying it sooner!

Chimney34

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 1, 2012
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
Totally normal. It says 3-7 days as the processing time. Placed my order last Friday night & received it yesterday. My guess is it'll prob ship tomorrow or sat at the latest. It'll take a couple extra days to get to you though since it needs to pass customs. As soon as it ship you'll be able to track it. But waiting is no fun!

CPT.SPALDING

ECF Veteran
Nov 1, 2011
WINNIPEG,MB.CANADA
Totally normal. It says 3-7 days as the processing time. Placed my order last Friday night & received it yesterday. My guess is it'll prob ship tomorrow or sat at the latest. It'll take a couple extra days to get to you though since it needs to pass customs. As soon as it ship you'll be able to track it. But waiting is no fun!

No fun indeed.....I'm glad your enjoying your new Provari

entwined2969

Jan 25, 2011
Grants NM
I've had mine for right around 2 years, and don't leave home without it! I put a jump ring onto the side and wear it on a lanyard wherever I go. I am not in any way "gentle" and it has flown off my neck countless times. It is worth twice what I paid. For sure it is an investment. IO have many other mods and general ecigs, but my Provari is the one that i will not leave home without. Take the plunge, my friend,not a chance you will regret it in any fashion!

Serendipitysrs2

Verified Member
Feb 19, 2010
Indiana
I just got mine in today! Ordered Monday night, received Thursday. Sadly, my order of new attys and cartos will not be here till tomorrow, so I have been dripping with an atty that is not working very well. Other than that, I love it. It is so tiny! Why did I spend so much on replacing ego batteries two or three times a year for the last two years? My best friend used Bolts - has like four of them. They are huge to me. I did not want a big mod so I kept buying egos. I had no idea the provari was basically the same size, just a little bigger around. It is awful heavy though, in comparison. I was worried about taking it with me when I leave the house but it's so tiny! No worries there. I am really happy I got it. Shelling out the money was a bit painful, but it's actually cheaper than the 8-12 egos I bought every year. I could have had two or three by now! My only regret is that I didn't buy it sooner.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
It is so tiny! Why did I spend so much on replacing ego batteries two or three times a year for the last two years?... I was worried about taking it with me when I leave the house but it's so tiny! No worries there. I am really happy I got it. Shelling out the money was a bit painful, but it's actually cheaper than the 8-12 egos I bought every year. I could have had two or three by now! My only regret is that I didn't buy it sooner.
This admission is repeated weekly, if not daily over on the Provari forums. You would think these types of recommendations would dampen any reservations by those who might doubt its true value despite an admittingly steep price. Glad to hear your story was a positive one for you.

On the other hand, word from contacts with Provape indicate that they are just able to keep up production to keep up with demand, so people are definitely buying Provari's in high numbers.

Serendipitysrs2

Verified Member
Feb 19, 2010
Indiana
This admission is repeated weekly, if not daily over on the Provari forums. You would think these types of recommendations would dampen any reservations by those who might doubt its true value despite an admittingly steep price.

For me, I had never seen, held, or been able to use one. The closest store with vaping supplies is 50 min from me and just recently opened. I haven't been there yet. If I had ever actually seen one in person, I would have bought it a long time ago. It's hard to tell the size or quality in pictures. I will happily show mine off, though. Perhaps I will run across someone who has debated on buying one. It is a far cry from my friend's big plastic Bolts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread