VVBox and VVpassthru

Status
Not open for further replies.

BJ43

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2008
New VVBox mod is my test lab. Plan to start some diy coils It is variable voltage from batteries or passthru, use car 12 volt cigarette lighter or 12v 4 amp source from ac outlet. Rocker switch selects between batteries and passthru for Vin to the stepdown converter. Voltage meter is activated by a mini slide switch on top interrupting the grd wire and the meter cycles between Vin and Vout, Vin dependent on the selection of the rocker switch. Two 14500 batteries and a mini usb plug on the bottom for the passthru. Haven’t found a knob to put on the pot yet, any suggestions would be appreciated. Independent battery area so no taking apart to change batteries. Parts less than $30.

new DC-DC IN 3-30V OUT 1.3V-18V converter Module board | eBay

BJ43

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2008
This picture gives a better view after organizing the wires. The rocker switch also serves as a heavy duty master switch as it is on off on. Really impressed with vv vaping it is a whole new world. Every setting is different even with the same eliguid. Still looking for an internal ohm meter and a knob for the pot.

BJ43

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2008
Finally finished, cut a piece from a screw on wire cap for the knob. Have tested it with input voltage direct from the car cig lighter, from 17 v 4a laptop ac adapter, and a 12v 6a source, as a mechanical engineer not that into electronics, I was surprised to see that the output voltage stayed the same no mater what the input voltage was.

mopar

Forum Supplier
ECF Veteran
May 15, 2011
Toronto
www.canvape.com
Amazing!! I think you just made a darwin. I just made a 5V mod it's ugly and raw. I am going to try to do a simple VV, yours is way out of my league, as a bum not that into electronics. I stand no chance. But your PV is Awsome! and the output voltage consistent regardless of the input WOW~! Does it charge the batteries when it's being used as a pass through?

BJ43

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2008
Amazing!! I think you just made a darwin. I just made a 5V mod it's ugly and raw. I am going to try to do a simple VV, yours is way out of my league, as a bum not that into electronics. I stand no chance. But your PV is Awsome! and the output voltage consistent regardless of the input WOW~! Does it charge the batteries when it's being used as a pass through?

Thanks for the compliment but actually it is pretty easy with the prewired converter. It does not charge the batteries. The danger charging batteries in series. With the separate door for the batteries it is easy to change them.

Shadow102

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2011
Eastern Panhandle, WV
I'm lovin the looks of this converter so far, I even have the mod in mind to put it in. Now I'm stuck waiting on the slow boat from China. I think I found a state-side vendor for it, however their website has been down for "maintenance" for 3 days, and they're showing 0 in stock. Have it book marked though, checking regularly and I'll throw it up if/when they're back up and running with this in stock.

BJ43

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2008
I'm lovin the looks of this converter so far, I even have the mod in mind to put it in. Now I'm stuck waiting on the slow boat from China. I think I found a state-side vendor for it, however their website has been down for "maintenance" for 3 days, and they're showing 0 in stock. Have it book marked though, checking regularly and I'll throw it up if/when they're back up and running with this in stock.

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

I order from here and got it in 9 days...

BJ43

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2008
Last edited:

TomCatt

Da Catt
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2011
Upland, PA
HV vaping is a whole new world. A repairable ce2 with 4ohm coil on a ss wick, no fiberglass or silica. Love this regulator. Pump it up to 10v for dry burn. :vapor:

Ordered a few of these, same regulator, smaller footprint and no wires.

LM2596 DC-DC Step Down Adjustable Power Supply Module | eBay

I already have 1 of those LM2596 on the boat, should almost be here now There's another model keeping it company on the boat; but can't recall right now which one. :D

BJ43

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2008
I already have 1 of those LM2596 on the boat, should almost be here now There's another model keeping it company on the boat; but can't recall right now which one. :D

I am waiting on the boat also. Making a small vv passthru with meter without batteries. I find that I seldom use the batteries. Don't go to bars much anymore. lol These passthru with 12v source are great.

BJ43

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2008
Built a smaller version without batteries and used a standard power plug. Now I can plug it into computer power supplies up to 24v and directly into the cars 12v system. Here I have 12.7v going in and 5.4v out. I put the power plug on the side so it will stand vertical if I should ever want to use a tank again. Looking for a side knob for the pot.

BJ43

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2008

Did you get your shipment? Would like your opinion. I have four in use and have not burned one yet even with very hard use, dry burning and oxidizing ss wicks. Their range is so much higher than an evercool mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread