The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

"We Are Vapers"

Discussion in 'Vaping TV and Radio' started by TUS172, Jan 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. TUS172

TUS172 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 13, 2011
    Tucson
    I've read alot of concerns. Here is an opportunity to act.

I recently watched episode #9 of the Vape Team on Vapers Place. VapersPlace | VP Live Vape Team 42.00 minutes into the program.
    There is a concerted effort by some in the Vaping community to produce a full length film documentary. It has the backing of CASAA. It would be well worth watching this episode to learn about what the effort entails and the possible benefits to the Vaping community.

2. Hottody

Hottody Moved On ECF Veteran

Mar 20, 2011
    Temcula CA
    I will check that out. Thank you for the information!

3. laurel099

laurel099 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 11, 2009
    Nokomis, FL
    I've donated... I hope to see this project come to fruition - could educate a lot of people about vaping!

Here is their page on IdieGoGo - We Are Vapers -- IndieGoGo

4. Dimitris

Dimitris Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 14, 2011
    Georgia
    Here is the video with only the wearevapers director interview and the people involved in it. Please spread the word and help in any way that you can.

5. MrsCasey

MrsCasey Pink Spot Fanatic Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 23, 2011
    Long Beach, CA
    I donated and changed my signature (see below) maybe it will bring more attention to the project.

6. Coil

Coil Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 9, 2011
    SO. CAL
    Very Interesting. Thanks for posting this! i will make sure to take some time and check this out.:thumbs:

7. TUS172

Aug 13, 2011
    Tucson
    It is for a cause we obviously all beleive in. The more that get involved the better!

8. DC2

DC2 Tootie Puffer Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 21, 2009
    San Diego
    Couldn't agree more!

Donating to this project was a no-brainer for me.
    I've been waiting and hoping for something like this for years now.

And the fact that any proceeds will go directly to CASAA certainly sealed the deal.
    :)

9. TUS172

Aug 13, 2011
    Tucson
    Yep, it was for me too... I am hoping that others that see this will do the same so this project can get off the ground. With supposedly millions of vapers out there 20K should be a "shoe-in" but the donations are coming few and far in between. What is a few bucks for something that could have such eye opening benefits. How much do people spend on attys and mods...? :2c:

10. MrsCasey

Jun 23, 2011
    Long Beach, CA
  11. TUS172

Aug 13, 2011
    Tucson
    This seems kind of unbelievable... I read so many stories on the websites that are vape related of how this has saved people's health. How people are living better lifestyles. How this must be accepted as a viable alternative to cigarettes... But when it comes to shelling out any help for a great cause... To show the general public what the E-cigarette is all about?
    Oops noncommittal.

12. TUS172

Aug 13, 2011
    Tucson
    Just a much needed bump.

13. Vocalek

Vocalek CASAA Activist ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 7, 2009
    Springfield, VA
    I put my money where my mouth is and signed on to be a Co-Producer.

My comment:

After 45 years of smoking, and a multitude of quits and relapses, I finally become permanently smoke-free on 3/27/2009 due to switching to an electronic cigarette. I also became free of the wheezing that kept me awake at night, the productive morning cough, and the inability to laugh aloud without going into a coughing jag. Smoke-free alternatives like this have the potential to save the lives of millions of smokers, and the public has a right to learn the truth about Tobacco Harm Reduction.

14. Vocalek

Supporting member
    Apr 7, 2009
    Springfield, VA
    Last I checked, we are a little over half-way to the goal with 55 days left. Come on folks. We can do this!

15. MrsCasey

Jun 23, 2011
    Long Beach, CA
    I posted in the Events and Fundraising section on the first and it has stayed on the main page since then. There have been about 90 views but I have only seen $20 in donations in the last 3 days. The sad thing is that the majority of the donations are large sums donated by corporate sponsors and not the Vapers who have had their lives affected so greatly by ecigs. $9000 has been donated by corporate sponsors, 14 co-producers, of which 3 are in this thread, at $100 a piece and only $528 total in other donations.

16. TennDave

TennDave Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 19, 2010
    Knoxville, TN
    Encourage everyone to contribute!
    I just did and it feels great!!!

17. DC2

Jun 21, 2009
    San Diego
    Seriously, if every person with more than 4 mods would donate $100 instead of buying that next mod...

18. MikenGA

MikenGA Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 8, 2011
    Georgia
    bump to the top for a great cause!

19. Vocalek

Supporting member
    Apr 7, 2009
    Springfield, VA
    We need a way to reach folks who are not members of online forums. Any ideas?

20. DC2

Jun 21, 2009
    San Diego
    Like everything else, the only idea I have is through the vendors.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.