Status
Not open for further replies.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Anyone know what the "17" is in the screen cap below?
View attachment 728167
I looked at the drop down and no idea as the number just shows up at the top. :confused:

And if you Mouse Over the Products button and then move to the Right, you will get a Down Arrow.

When you Left Click the Down Arrow, you'll get a Drop Down Box.

In it you can Select "Mark Read".

That will Clear the 17 New Product Alerts.

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
Burnie,

If you click on the 'bottom' part (real red, not faded red) of the 17 it takes you to the 'products' page:

Vaping Products | E-Cigarette Forum

There are 17 products :)

And if you Mouse Over the Products button and then move to the Right, you will get a Down Arrow.

When you Left Click the Down Arrow, you'll get a Drop Down Box.

In it you can Select "Mark Read".

That will Clear the 17 New Product Alerts.
Thank You Both :)

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
So the Last time I came to the ECF, I got a Different style of Contest Notification. I clicked on the "X" and looked around. Closed the ECF, Hit the News Pages to see what the Drama is for Today. Then closed IE.

Came back a Little While later to the ECF. Guess What? No Pop-Up for a Contest to Close.

Thank You Oliver and then entire ECF Code Team.

:thumb:

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
So the Last time I came to the ECF, I got a Different style of Contest Notification. I clicked on the "X" and looked around. Closed the ECF, Hit the News Pages to see what the Drama is for Today. Then closed IE.

Came back a Little While later to the ECF. Guess What? No Pop-Up for a Contest to Close.

What is IE?

Reactions: stols001

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
^^^ internet explorer..

Okay, General comment about this contest advertisement that makes it to where if your on your phone you can't even post on the forum and, if your on your phone, the initial contest advertisement cannot be closed..at all. No way to x out of it.

Sure, you can leave the forum for 5 or 6 hours and hope when you return it's gone... but thats not really forum freindly...

I pay money in order to avoid advertisements, and now it seems a way has been figured out to get around the perks of my monetary contribution...

Not exactly cool.

Secondly - I can't enter any gleam contest because they claim I have an account with them and I've already logged into my account, which is a great big fat lie, and then they want me to give them further details of my life such as my Facebook account information in order to enter a contest.

I absolutely 100% refuse... the whole thing seems like some kind of B.S. scam for a third party to get as much personal information about me as possible when ECF already has all my pertinent information.

I won't do it therefore, as long as gleam is used for contests I'll never be able to enter another site wide contest..

I think it's just adding insult to injury to make it to where not only can i not enter the contests, but that the advertisements for those contests are pushing me off the forum by making it impossible to use the forum when they are going on..

Rant over.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US

Same here. Thanks to all involved.

Last edited:

liblue1

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I use chrome and am getting my PM notifications. Maybe check your spam settings.
I have several times....I even changed them...& changed them back..I do get them for the threads I have subscribed to...

Oliver

ECF Founder, formerly SmokeyJoe
Admin
Verified Member
@lilblue1 - will check on it Monday...

For clarity on the popups - nothing I can do re different devices, but it's set to appear on each twice and no more. Please post here if you're seeing more than this.

@Opinionated - let me see if I can sort out the login for you. Please PM me your email address?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread