Status
Not open for further replies.

yiddleboge6

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2012
PA
Weird, I clicked on the above post and the innoken square went away. I don't know who did WHAT, but thank you!!!! To whoever did what!

I like contests, I do, but I'm having a hard time adjusting to the new format of "some" contests. :(

Anna
Definitely weird.....doesn't go away for me no matter where, or what I click...it's there on every page I go to...:(

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Yeah, mine is also coming and going now. I saw a very hazy and faint grey X next to it, but when I clicked.... Nothing.

My hope is, someone is trying to fix it. I hate it more on the left.... My lazy eye floats there despite all my desires.... Sigh.

Anna

I just saw the Happiness Brining "X" in the Upper R/H corner of the Pop-Up.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
It still comes up if you leave forum and return. Stupid! again because if you x'd it out, it shows you've read/seen it.

I can Live with it if it is Only one click per session. But it does seem Kinda Kludgy in this Day and Age.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
It's probably because there is some "daily" entry associated with it. So "each" time you log in, you get the chance to enter.

I understand why manufacturers are using gleam for contests now, I do, and it makes sense, but it is also unfortunate and I do wish that they'd just use the contest thread or whatever to "link" to their gleam sponsored content, which is what a lot of them do.

I don't really want to spam/advertise for competitions. I don't.

Anna

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
I can Live with it if it is Only one click per session. But it does seem Kinda Kludgy in this Day and Age.

Agree with last sentence. Again - it is x'd = it is seen. That should be all that is needed. They've done that in the past on various other alerts, so they must know HOW to do it. So this is only to annoy.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Agree with last sentence. Again - it is x'd = it is seen. That should be all that is needed. They've done that in the past on various other alerts, so they must know HOW to do it. So this is only to annoy.

I'll be Honest with you. I don't know how a Lot of this stuff works.

But I know that in My case, I set IE to Block 3rd Party Cookies. And many times stuff like this Contest relies on 3rd Party Cookies.

Could things like ECF Contests be Rolled Out Better? Sure. But in this case, I'm just Thankful that it was Resolved very Quickly.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
I'll be Honest with you. I don't know how a Lot of this stuff works.

But I know that in My case, I set IE to Block 3rd Party Cookies. And many times stuff like this Contest relies on 3rd Party Cookies.

Could things like ECF Contests be Rolled Out Better? Sure. But in this case, I'm just Thankful that it was Resolved very Quickly.

If you followed the last time, the 'cookies fix' didn't work - many so posted. I still disagree that it is 'Resolved'.

Reactions: stols001

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
If you followed the last time, the 'cookies fix' didn't work - many so posted. I still disagree that it is 'Resolved'.

Hey I Dunno Kent.

It is kinda Annoying to have to Click on some Contest that I Don't Want to enter every time I come to the ECF.

But an Extra Click isn't really going to Ruin my day. So I guess it just Is what it Is.

Last edited:

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Hey I Dunno Ken.

It is kinda Annoying to have to Click on some Contest that I Don't Want to enter every time I come to the ECF.

But an Extra Click isn't really going to Ruin my day. So I guess it just Is what it Is.

Understood, but they have a way to fix it - they do it on alerts - and refuse to do so. And as long as there are people that say, it's just one click, they won't do anything - and that will be the case all year as the contests keep coming....

and it's Kent :- )

Reactions: stols001

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Understood, but they have a way to fix it - they do it on alerts - and refuse to do so. And as long as there are people that say, it's just one click, they won't do anything - and that will be the case all year as the contests keep coming....

and it's Kent :- )

Have you spoken to Oliver about all this?

I have always found him to be Very Receptive to user Opinions and Comments.

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
Anyone know what the "17" is in the screen cap below?
upload_2018-3-9_16-32-34.png

I looked at the drop down and no idea as the number just shows up at the top. :confused:

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread