• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Welcome! Introduce yourself here...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TWolf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2010
Northern MS
twolf2u.blogspot.com
You know, it occurred to me that we had an introduction thread in the social group, but hadn't started one since we obtained a forum! So here goes....

Hi everyone! Welcome to the official forum for Kentucky, the Bluegrass Vapers! A big thanks goes out to Zaija who started our little group, as well as to PureVapes, MacArthurBug, and kmking who are founding members by default at this point.

We've already had a few small get-togethers and hope to see you at one real soon. We'd love to start having regular monthly meetings and are open to suggestions anytime. Keep an eye out for updates on those.

Meanwhile, let me start things off by telling you a little about myself.
I live in Lexington, currently with my 18yr old son. He'll be moving into a dorm at UK soon though. I smoked 2+ PAD for 33 yrs. After about a month of research, I began vaping on February 11th of this year with a Janty eGo. After a couple of days, I put the analogs aside for good. Since then I've helped a few co-workers get started vaping and given info to whoever shows the least bit of interest! I recently purchased my second PV, a Nuck Fist Pack, because I wanted to try variable voltage and loved the idea of much longer battery life. So.... I plan to continue vaping for as long as I'm breathing at this point and would love to see it become much more mainstream.

That's me in a nutshell... Now, how about you? Step up and say hi!

See ya soon.... Teri

Big Easy

Jun 13, 2010
Kentucky
Well, I'll join in.

I'm Jim. I live in Louisville. I'm married and have two sons. One just graduated from WKU, the other is in his second year at IUS.
We are all UK Wildcat fans though :D

I smoked about 1 PAD of analogs for almost 30 years. After researching a couple of weeks, mainly on ECF, I started vaping June 12th and went analog free June 16th. Just passed my one month mark. I only have one PV, a ProVape-1, 510. I'm wanting to get another PV as a alternate and backup. I have been looking at the GGTS (looks like that thing can do any configuration and it's has a loyal following). Also looking at the Silver Bullet. Like TWolf,, I want to try various voltages, HV and LR attys etc. I am still learning things about vaping (today about cart filler mods). Also started DIY mixing last weekend. Made four small samples. Boy, do I need to make some adjustments and find my sweetspot. Also learned that a drip tip to taste test these samples would make it much easier.

And in the immortal words of TWolf...
"I plan to continue vaping for as long as I'm breathing at this point and would love to see it become much more mainstream."

I hope to catch up with everyone.
Enjoying the journey,
Jim

warbdan

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2009
Somerset, Kentucky, United States
Hey guys,
I'm from Somerset, Kentucky. Glad to find other Kentucky vapers as I haven't run into any :( I've been vaping since August 2009. My wife joined me in January. We currently use dse901's and SmokeTip(Kr808d-1). I'm looking forward to my first vapiversary, LOL. I'm currently waiting for my first order from Halo to arrived, so I'm like a kid 2 days before Christmas :D

TWolf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2010
Northern MS
twolf2u.blogspot.com
Welcome to both of you!

BigEasy - We're trying to put together a meeting in Louisville soon. Bring some of you DIY and we'll play guinea pig for you! +1 for drip tips too.

Warbdan - Aug '09! That's great! Hope you and your wife can join us sometime. It's so rare to run into another vaper "in the wild". Great that you all had each other for support though!

Lumiis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 13, 2009
London, Kentucky
Wow, where do I start? There is a Lot of info about my work / school life in the new Co-Host thread, other than those 2 things I rarely do anything but bust my tail at work by day and study by night.

I have been vapin for about a year(ish) now from a pack a day (though I still smoke occasional, unfortunately.

Hope to meet some of the newer people of the thread soon, not sure of my availability for Vapefest, but will most likely be at the Renn. again.

Warb - Livin in London, prolly about 20 mins from where you are in the Set.
Glad to have some vapers nearby, most live in Louis, Lex, Rich.

~Zaija

Last edited:

Nikhil

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2010
Louisville, KY
I'm Nikhil, good to meet you all. Started vaping at the end of January with a 510 kit from CigNot, and I had a BB from altsmoke for a while, which I traded for my Dad's Buzz since he prefers the lower end of the voltage range and I'm loving the variable voltage.

I do a lot of DIY stuff and I'm planning on starting a business selling high quality custom e-liquid as well as flavorings for DIY.

Hello everyone.

My name's Billy, I am a brand new vaper as of Thursday. I went from 1 PAD to now, maybe 5 cigs a day and I am hoping to cut that. My wife and I started vaping together, she loves her 510 and I am content with my eGo, although the acquisition disorder is kicking in whenever I see the V3 Stick.

I work in IT for the federal govt. not the FDA, thankfully. Lived in Louisville all my life and like BigEasy, I am Blue, through and through.

I am trying to quit smoking because I am an avid cyclist as well and could tell how much the habit is hurting my cycling. Looking forward to meeting everyone at a meet-up some time.

Laissez les bons temps rouler

TWolf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2010
Northern MS
twolf2u.blogspot.com
Well that's settled then... We'll see you at 4. (jk) Please come though. I'll help you hold down the corner. Like to hide behind the camera myself as I fight agoraphobia / panic attacks all the time.

I'll bet the fav beverage of your choice that you have a good time even if I have to tease a smile out of ya! Besides... you'd miss out on the possibility of taste testing PureVapes latest DIY!

Xion665

ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2009
Lexington, Ky
Umm...hello...lol. Name's Tyler. I live in Lexington. Been truly vaping for about 4 months. Got my 510 a year ago but battled with analogs until i used Chantix to quit for good. Still needed a vice/habit though, so my PV keeps me happy.

I've never ever met another e-cig user before...EVER. lol. So, any meeting that i can make, I'll gladly attend. I saw something about early August but I'll be in Canada at that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread