Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I know!!! Look what you've inspired!! :D :laugh:
Isn't it Fabulous!?!?!?
Did you ever, in your wildest imagination, think that, that simple start of a thread, would lead to you basically having your own forum?!?
And being the 'official' owner of the thread, you are the founder of this sub-forum. ;)

I dunno know Robin. I guess I never looked at it that way. I'll never understand the concept of "owning" a thread. I mean, you get a group of people who find themselves chatting at the dinner table at a party. No one owns the conversation. I think HHV just caught fire and we got some cool people on this thread early that gave it a lot of life. That's what I find amazing...how it took off like a rocketship.

When you coming home Robin? Man, you're gonna miss that little raisin. :(

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
I dunno know Robin. I guess I never looked at it that way. I'll never understand the concept of "owning" a thread. I mean, you get a group of people who find themselves chatting at the dinner table at a party. No one owns the conversation. I think HHV just caught fire and we got some cool people on this thread early that gave it a lot of life. That's what I find amazing...how it took off like a rocketship.

When you coming home Robin? Man, you're gonna miss that little raisin. :(

I fly back home tomorrow. Yes I will miss him and his brother. :(
I will have three others in tow so it won't be too bad. ;)

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
But, that table at the dinner party just happens to be at your house ;)

I know this will come as a surprise Robin. But I honestly do not talk much. If you were to observe a conversation I have, the other person will be talking 90% of the time (I'm not exaggerating). When we have neighborhood parties at our house, I'll stand and listen to everyone (at the dinner table).

Oh, and when you allow the other person to talk 90% of the time...you get lots of people who like to stop by and "chat". People like to talk. I have lots of friends. :)

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
I know this will come as a surprise Robin. But I honestly do not talk much. If you were to observe a conversation I have, the other person will be talking 90% of the time (I'm not exaggerating). When we have neighborhood parties at our house, I'll stand and listen to everyone (at the dinner table).

Oh, and when you allow the other person to talk 90% of the time...you get lots of people who like to stop by and "chat". People like to talk. I have lots of friends. :)

In real life I don't talk much either, except if I have a drink or two. ;)

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Is that when you break stuff too? :)

BTW, is this unreal life?

Uh.......I plead the fifth on the breaking stuff. :lol:

It's easier to talk when you have time to formulate your thoughts and to backspace multiple times. So I would say this is a virtual life. Real life does not let me have the opportunity to fix mistakes before hitting send ;)

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012

It's easier to talk when you have time to formulate your thoughts and to backspace multiple times. So I would say this is a virtual life. Real life does not let me have the opportunity to fix mistakes before hitting send ;)

True enough.

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand

This exactly why many teachers like to use discussion boards and blogs in the classrooms. It gives quieter kids a better opportunity to express their ideas, participate more and be more creative.

Is that when you break stuff too? :)

BTW, is this unreal life?

One could call it Second Life but that's taken already - Second Life.com

I got lost in their for a couple of years trying to figure out how to harness it as a learning tool for my students. I still think it has a lot of potential, but perhaps Thailand is not ready for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread